Runes=Regions?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
JanusThePaladin

Runes=Regions?

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I just want a thought on this theory.

In S2 the Darkness rune, Resurection rune, and Pale Gate runes were introduced as buyable. IN S1, the Resurection rune was on one character, and no where else. In S3 the new Sword and Sheild runes were introduced. In S4, some runes were lost, while new ones were discovered (not going into detail on this, since its a mini spoiler already). So is this due to certain runes being easier to find in certain regions? Or is it just a time thing?
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

It's most likely a gameplay aspect over a story aspect. I wouldn't read too much into it as there are probably 100's of runes in the Suikoden world (take Crowley for example) that aren't revealed, and probably never will be. They won't be available to buy purely for gameplay purposes. Much like the runes that are available in Suikoden II, would probably be available in Suikoden I's timescale, just not for the purposes of gameplay, so the player couldn't buy them - if that makes sense.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Fliktor wrote:It's most likely a gameplay aspect over a story aspect. I wouldn't read too much into it as there are probably 100's of runes in the Suikoden world (take Crowley for example) that aren't revealed, and probably never will be. They won't be available to buy purely for gameplay purposes. Much like the runes that are available in Suikoden II, would probably be available in Suikoden I's timescale, just not for the purposes of gameplay, so the player couldn't buy them - if that makes sense.
Confusing!!
In short, it's more of a gameplay aspect that certain runes are available in certain games. I do not think the creators would put so much thought into the appearance of runes in certain timelines.
yipikiyayey21

Post by yipikiyayey21 »

Strange.
So you mean that the Runes are different in the Suikoden Games, because of it's gameplay? So it means that it's not based on the story (Like the Blue gate and the Pale gate)?
[21]

Kung sino man ang mga pilipino jan, pm nyo lang ASL nyo sa kin.

ALL MY GAME FILES IN SUIKODEN 1 AND 2 WAS DELETED. GRRR... I Hate it!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

The way I saw it, the 'new' runes were born from the revealed True Runes from previous games. Not sure about the Resurrection Rune though...
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

yipikiyayey21 wrote:Strange.
So you mean that the Runes are different in the Suikoden Games, because of it's gameplay? So it means that it's not based on the story (Like the Blue gate and the Pale gate)?
[21]
I am saying that the minor runes are there for the sake of gameplay. True Runes are usually affected by the storyline.