Viki of the Future?!

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

yes, but it could also mean she lost control. when people get drunk, they lose half their control. she could use her concious mind to stay in one place, then when she gets drunk, she can't control it anymore, and... shazam! she's gone to the next game.
avenger

Re: Viki of the Future?!

Post by avenger »

well since little viki only showed up in s3, then she 's probably going to be the new viki if games continue after suikoden 3. i don't like her i 'd much rather have the regular viki.

but i think that was konami's way of saying good bye regular viki...
if this is true, do you think they'll do this for jeane?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Have you played Suikoden 4 and 5? It's still the same older Viki.
avenger

Post by avenger »

i know that, i said that they introduced little viki in s3. and new games did not continue after s3. s4 and s5 were before s3 history wise therefor no little viki.
The2501Project

Post by The2501Project »

My response to the evidence and theories presented here is as such:

The fact that Viki moves irregularly through time is certain based on what we’ve seen in the five main line installments of the series. From what I’ve seen, I do not believe she moves in a linear fashion through time either chronologically or by order of game release.

With that in mind, it is not illogical to conclude that Little Vicki and regular Vicki are the same person at different stages of her life. She could easily have began here journey as an intelligent and insightful young girl only to become so addled by the rapid shifts in time as to be reduced to the mental state we see in regular Vicki. By moving in a non linear fashion through time, it is feasible that as an adult she could return to a time and place she encountered as a child.

It is true that she occupies a different Star, but the phenomenon of the same person existing twice at the same time could be odd enough to throw the Stars of Destiny into a paradox.

My new contribution to this thread is something that I get a clear feeling of but has only been mentioned jokingly before. I believe that she is a Syndar. The colors and style of her clothing seem to me to match the ruins seen in II, III, and V. And as the last survivor of a dead race, it makes sense that she would look to the various heroes of the series for protection as her first instinct.

Let me know what you all think.
Zykerion

Post by Zykerion »

The2501Project wrote:My response to the evidence and theories presented here is as such:

The fact that Viki moves irregularly through time is certain based on what we’ve seen in the five main line installments of the series. From what I’ve seen, I do not believe she moves in a linear fashion through time either chronologically or by order of game release.

With that in mind, it is not illogical to conclude that Little Vicki and regular Vicki are the same person at different stages of her life. She could easily have began here journey as an intelligent and insightful young girl only to become so addled by the rapid shifts in time as to be reduced to the mental state we see in regular Vicki. By moving in a non linear fashion through time, it is feasible that as an adult she could return to a time and place she encountered as a child.

It is true that she occupies a different Star, but the phenomenon of the same person existing twice at the same time could be odd enough to throw the Stars of Destiny into a paradox.

My new contribution to this thread is something that I get a clear feeling of but has only been mentioned jokingly before. I believe that she is a Syndar. The colors and style of her clothing seem to me to match the ruins seen in II, III, and V. And as the last survivor of a dead race, it makes sense that she would look to the various heroes of the series for protection as her first instinct.

Let me know what you all think.
I'll get back to you on the Sindar front, though it would be an interesting thought, as her behaviors seem very much Sindar, what with the Rune of Change and all that.

As for her teleportations through time and space, I can only really recall one scene where she explicitly states where she's just teleported from. That's in Suikoden II, where she's mentioning the banquet being held for the success of the Toran Liberation Army, however, her own information is faulty. Mainly because of the way she words it. "The last thing I remember...' Her own memories aren't exactly reliable, and chances are that she can't remember some events.

This is a big issue here. For one, she could have teleported from the banquet from I, gone and done all the things from III or IV, and then teleported herself to II.

Someone did mention the mirror, which was an interesting way of looking at it. The mirror, being a physical object, is able to be traced through time. Now, as they put it, she teleports (from who knows where) to the spot in history where she meets Lazlo in IV. She presents the mirror, then somehow manages to forget it. The mirror then makes its way to its owner in I (I haven't played the first game, so I don't know who that is). After that, it's held within the treasury of the Toran Republic until Riou comes along and Lepant presents it to him. These portions seem to play out linearly enough.

The real hiccup is that we don't know if the Blinking Mirror can exist concurrently with itself, or if there are in fact multiple Blinking Mirrors, as in Suikoden III, we aren't sure of the fate of the Mirror that was within North Window Castle from II.

As for older Viki and younger Viki, I feel that the usage of two stars for the 'same' person is merely a necessity of having them both be Stars of Destiny. Personally, I believe them to be the same person, as younger Viki knows quite a great deal about her older self. Or, for all we know, Viki's little excursions through time could be the makings of a Grandfather Paradox of some kind.

I don't think we'll ever really know the truth about a lot of the mysterious characters we see in the Suikoden universe until Konami comes right out and tells us what the deal is.