Viki of the Future?!

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

u think its the offical name, im sure i read it on suikosource.

but why didnt she just ask if he was the leader, in 1+2 she needs a place to stay, not sure what she says in 3. but protect. lets say this is one of her earlier teleports, prehaps she knows something as shes closer to the maturity of little viki.

i havent plyed 3 so is there anything in the game that could help?
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Wraith wrote:
aydas_arrow wrote:hmm im, just wonding why in suiokoden 4 she asks lazlo if hes the one whos ment to protect her.
Is Lazlo the official name? anyway I think she means "are you the Tenkai star" with "Are you meant to protect me?".Make's sense dousn't it?
Lazlo is indeed the official name of Hero4. Well, it's the name he was given in the Suikoden 4 novel
I hope everything is going delicious.
hell_tanuki

Post by hell_tanuki »

It seems almost anybody have noticed that, so i'll tell you my theory. (but in fact, it was my g/f theory first)
Viki's body existence through time is reversed for some reasons. You can figure that by yourself really easily, take a pic of Viki from each Suikoden... you'll notice that Suiko3 Viki (http://www.suikosource.com/images/chars/v/viki08.jpg) seems to be the youngest, while Suiko4 Viki (http://www.suikosource.com/images/chars/v/viki09.jpg) seems to be the oldest in spit of being nearly 200 years younger than Suiko3 Viki.
It'll explain why the "Young" Viki (http://www.suikosource.com/images/chars/v/vikiy01.jpg) seem more mature and aware, because it's probably "Oldest" Viki, from Futur.
We only played Suiko I, II and IV for now, so it's possible for us to not know some secrets or facts who can contradict this.
Short Version : She's getting younger with time.

Timeline would be like this :

~305 Suiko4 Viki
~440 Suiko5 Viki
455-457 Suiko1 Viki
460 Suiko2 Viki
475 Suiko3 Viki
~600+ Young Viki

Please send your reactions. :D
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

hell_tanuki wrote: Timeline would be like this :

~305 Suiko4 Viki
~440 Suiko5 Viki
455-457 Suiko1 Viki
460 Suiko2 Viki
475 Suiko3 Viki
~600+ Young Viki

Please send your reactions. :D
Young Viki has a different star so its very likely another person...
hell_tanuki

Post by hell_tanuki »

I think Konami wanted to make Little Viki appears, but it's impossible to get 2 chars sharing the same stars in the list... Nothing more complicated I guess.
I'm Swiss
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

hell_tanuki wrote:I think Konami wanted to make Little Viki appears, but it's impossible to get 2 chars sharing the same stars in the list... Nothing more complicated I guess.
Its absolutely not Impossible. If they wanted it to be the same person they'd put them on the same star or they wouldn't have made Young Viki a SoD.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

More than likely the reason why she appears to be a little older in appearance is due to the fact that she teleports to each event directly from the last one. Meaning, she teleports to Suikoden 2 from Suikoden 1, to Suikoden 3 from Suikoden 2, to Suikoden 4 from Suikoden 3 (??), and possibly Suikoden 5 from Suikoden 4. I put question marks there because I'm not certain, but it seems to be true.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

I don't think Viki went from 3 to 4 because of what she says to Lazlo. She asks him if he's the one. It's possible she was sent there by someone else--for her protection--possibly by Little Viki.

And this brings up another thing. Everyone is saying that Little Viki and Big Viki can't be the same person because of the star thing.

If that's true, then how come on the Suikosource site itself, it states:
A younger version of Viki who first appeared to Nash and Viki in an odd dimension, showing them how to get out. She later appeared at the Mountain Path connecting the Grasslands and Harmonia. While appearing younger, she seems to be more mature than her elder counterpart. She seems to have followed the elder Viki to the Grasslands on a mission of some sort, but when asked about it she says its best not to ask.
So, if they're the same person, how can they have different stars?

Two possibilities:
1) Viki, while attempting to use the Blinking Rune, screwed up in a big way, and split herself--causing a second Viki to appear.

Or

2) Little Viki's a clone. Hey, if Luc and Sasarai can be clones--why not Viki? We don't know--the people in her dimension might be able to duplicate themselves.
Playing Suikoden III......
hell_tanuki

Post by hell_tanuki »

Little Viki's a clone. Hey, if Luc and Sasarai can be clones--why not Viki?
OMFG !!! I just get SPOILED ! :shock:

No, big deal anyway... Once, I was looking for informations about the True Runes... and I saw that :
True Earth Rune : Sasarai (Luc's Brother) [...] :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now for Viki, I simply think that this game is a Suikoden. And in a Suikoden, you have to get all the 108 Stars. (Chinese story about stars, 27 stars for North, South, West and East) So if they had put Little Viki under the same Star, they would be either 109 Stars (and that would have be wrong) OR 108 Stars. (but with 2 same Stars, another Star would be missing and it would have been wrong too)
So my idea is just that Konami didn't want to screw up the Chinese stars list and that's all.

But that's my personal opinion heh 8)
I'm Swiss
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I don't think Viki went from 3 to 4 because of what she says to Lazlo. She asks him if he's the one. It's possible she was sent there by someone else--for her protection--possibly by Little Viki.
How does this prove that she did not go to 4 from 3?? She refers to a couple of people in that way. She asks Tir if he was the one who would take care of her. She asks Riou the same question in 2 I believe. So, I don't think that makes a difference.

And I don't think she was sent there by Little Viki. Little Viki states that she will be like Big Viki when she grows up. So, it sort of makes you think they are one and the same. Besides, Viki sneezes and disappears at the end of 3 just like she did in all the other games. We don't know where she ended up.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

The way I took her question was she was told that someone would take care of her, and was given a description of the person, and where he would be. There's a difference being asked: "Would you take care of me?" and "Are you the one supposed to take care of me?"

She asked Riou--"Can I stay at your place?"

And, Little Viki could have directed Big Viki to where she was going. She did it 3. Remember when BV sneezed at the mountain? I swear LV directed BV right back to that spot.
Black Sword Rune

Post by Black Sword Rune »

Maybe she Viki can travel backwards in time as well as forwards. Maybe young Viki teleported forwards in time and older Viki teleported backwards in time.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

If that was the case, then how did Little Viki get sucked into the whole situation at Suikoden 3. Recall that Little Viki was also curious as to how she got there and was also disoriented until she met up with whomeever you chose to recruit her and Viki with.
There's a difference being asked: "Would you take care of me?" and "Are you the one supposed to take care of me?"

She asked Riou--"Can I stay at your place?"
Personally I don't see the difference. She teleported from 1 and was disoriented. She had no idea what happened to her as she was just at a huge dinner for a celebration and ended up in some unknown place right in front of Riou. Of course, she would ask can I stay at your place because she was lost.

Then, she sneezes again at another party and ends up lost once again out in the middle of nowhere. She sees two strangers that feel familiar to her and ask are you supposed to take care of me as when she got lost every other time someone took care of her. It's not really a big difference. It's just what she had gotten used to.

As for the instance where she was lured back to the mountain due to Little Viki's appearance, I believe that more has to do with Viki being sensitive to the magic of the Blinking Rune. She sensed a magic similar to hers being used and had to go investigate. It just happened that another one of her showed up. I don't think Little Viki summoned her intentionally due to the aforementioned statements I had made.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

demon eye wrote:As for the instance where she was lured back to the mountain due to Little Viki's appearance, I believe that more has to do with Viki being sensitive to the magic of the Blinking Rune. She sensed a magic similar to hers being used and had to go investigate. It just happened that another one of her showed up. I don't think Little Viki summoned her intentionally due to the aforementioned statements I had made.
I didn't say she summoned her.

This is what happened:

With Viki in your party, you go to the mountain path. You get a little scene where BV sneezes and disappears. LV shows up, wondering why she's there.

Then, LV says something about not knowing why she was doing what she was doing, and warns the party to step back before BV drops down.

I didn't say she was summoned by LV--I said she was guided or helped back to where she was by LV.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

But, right there we can use many events to show that may or may not be the case. In no way does that show she was guided at all. It just shows that she felt her presence and warned the others. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just want to understand how that scene/event displayed that LV guided Viki. Viki could have just sneezed and teleported herself above them. There are infinite possibilities. I would like to think that Little Viki guided her, but we really can't prove that. It's plausible, but then again there are just as many other reasons why she knew Viki would land on there.