Viki of the Future?!

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
BeastRune

Viki of the Future?!

Post by BeastRune »

This whole thing started with that damned D5 Wand that Young Viki is holding in Suikoden III. Does anyone think that maybe Young Viki is from the distant future and is in charge of cleaning up the messes Viki makes in the time stream? She seems to know a lot about everything and acts considerably more grounded than our beloved teleportress. Did some kind of freakish time travel experiment make Viki the scatterbrain she is today? Was Young Viki then called from the past to deal with her own mentally incapacitated self? What do you think?
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

She might be from the a weird place.

from Suikosource -
Viki's Homeland
Said to be located somewhere on the face of this planet, Viki's homeland has a surreal landscape as if you wandered into a Chagall mosaic. Doors float mid air, and windows on the floor lead to a field of flowers. Endless corridors lead you to nowhere, and tiles of various colors line the walls, ceiling, and floors.
Maybe she was always nauseous and makes her how we know her now.

And little Viki maybe hasnt gottan her mind messed up yet which makes her more mature.
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

in suikoden 1 vicki looks alot like little vicky from suikoden 3

the resemblence is uncanny...
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

son_michael wrote:in suikoden 1 vicki looks alot like little vicky from suikoden 3

the resemblence is uncanny...
But the character size of Viki in Suikoden 1 depicts her as an adult or at least 18 years of age.
Vash_HS

Post by Vash_HS »

Plus they have different stars of destiny
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Vash_HS wrote:Plus they have different stars of destiny
Good point. From that, maybe we can assume little Viki is another individual.
Hmm, or maybe more....
ShardStar

Star of Destiny change

Post by ShardStar »

Are we sure that stars of destiny are chosen at birth? Tomo in Suikoden II can be one of either two stars (Tensyo / Chikyu Star). So how can this be that her SoD doesn't even seem chosen until the point of (Kasumi/Valeria) choice being made? I always figured that she became so scatterbrained that her Star was changed because of that.
Vash_HS

Post by Vash_HS »

My understanding is you are born with that star and die with that star. The only reason Tomo has the possibility of 2 is for in game reasons. If you look at all the reacuring characters, they all keep the same SOD.
ShardStar

Tomo

Post by ShardStar »

That's kinda cheap though as far as Tomo is concerned. I think of the SoD as a little like Zodiac signs or the Chinese zodiac for that matter. Except these SoD don't really define a persons personality exaclty but more their role in life. I jus thought there was more signifcance for Tomo to have a choice in whish star she was to follow. I've been thinking if its possible to analyse each star and make sense of why each one is the way they are. The problem are these 'odd' ones that don't seem to fit with the rest for that particular star.

As far as Viki though is concenred I am going to stick with the scatterbrained theory. Unless this Younger Viki is a sister or clone I can't think of any other reason for her to look like the other Viki. Though if she was a sister wouldn't she just say so?
Axis

Post by Axis »

Is it possible that Viki comes from another dimension?Just like the fog ship guide,yuber,and pesmerga?But,that wouldnt be likely.I doubt she has powers as great to blink from one dimension to another.Or..........................what of Viki is Leknaat???Nah,thats just too crazy.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Actually, I believe Viki's homeworld is from another dimension. In Suikogaiden they show Young Viki at her homeworld and it was quite evident that you were in one of the Million Worlds. And I believe she called the world Waffle (just like the word she says in her sleep), but I'm not positive. Therefore, it is highly possible that Viki is from another dimension.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

I think Viki and Yuber have the most puzzling stories... Probably because I have never played the suikogaidens... that might help...
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Axis

Post by Axis »

Maybe, Waffle isnt the name of the dimension.What if it's the name of a location in that dimension.My guess is Viki comes from the same dimension as the fog ship guide,jeane,yuber,and pesmerga.There might also be seas and places similar to the suikoden world,only well,weird.That might explain Viki remember seeing the fog ship.Hmm.....my question is,how did Viki lose her memory?Was she banished from her dimension or somehow?Or.... was it because of a freak accident?Or was it because of the Nay-Kobold air?
Sol Knight

Post by Sol Knight »

Wait a minute... let's get this straight.
Viki has the power to transcend time and space and even dimensions. Wouldn't that make her the most powerful being on the earth... uuuh... well whatever they call they're planet in Suikoden!
And isn't it Waffa?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Vash_HS wrote: plus they have different stars

the stars dont always stay the same for 1 character