Leknaat

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

ShardStar wrote:Somehow I don't think she would entrust that Rune to someone else, though I do like the idea of her taking it and burning Barabosa's body, I don't think she loved him. It's really hard to say what they are going to do with Windy and Barabosa since they have had a change of the creative story staff, old story lines may have been dropped in favor of new.
I think she did love him--but didn't even consider that he could possibly love her for herself. So, she never expressed her love.

But--I posed this question in another thread:

Since Leknaat can sense rune auras--wouldn't she sense the other half of the rune?
Playing Suikoden III......
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

even so, she wouldnt have done anything. apparently windy is much stronger than leknaat
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well leknaat is stonger in defense and windy is stronger in attack

they kind of represent there repective halves of the gate rune
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

i suppose, but she couldnt send away windy's minions.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Both halves possess the same abilities. So, the fact that Windy is more offensively inclined has nothing to do with the portions they possess. It seems like it has to do with what Windy wanted to do. She needed to take a True Rune, so more offensive strength was necessary for force.

As for the other half of the Gate Rune, it seems like it would have just returned back to Leknaat after being removed from its last bearer. And who's to say that Leknaat wants the other half of the Gate Rune. She seems to function very well without it.

As for Leknaat, I don't think she is protecting True Rune bearers. The only reason she appears is to make sure the Wheels of Fate turn in the direction she wants them to. She is just using them for her own selfish needs. Well, that's my view of her.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

well she let luc come back after he betrayed her, so she isnt that bad. but yes, she may just be manipulating the true rune bearers. evil woman. :twisted:
Iku

Post by Iku »

i really like leknaat i hope your wrong about her being evil but what you have said does make sense so oooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww :(
About barbarossa i think he loives why would trhey change his possition as well as windie's form 'dead' to 'missing'

Just something ithought you might want to note (sorry if im just repeating what you already know)
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Relisus

Post by Relisus »

I forgot it said Barbarossa was 'missing'. Maybe he is still alive. I do think that Windy went off somewhere to regain strength and support to launch another attack for the Soul Eater.
You ever wanna talk Suikoden feel free to IM anytime.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

demon eye wrote:As for Leknaat, I don't think she is protecting True Rune bearers. The only reason she appears is to make sure the Wheels of Fate turn in the direction she wants them to. She is just using them for her own selfish needs. Well, that's my view of her.
We might be in the minority with that opinion.

At first, I thought Leknaat was this goody-goody, but after thinking about it--NAH.

She's the "Executor of Balance" "Keeper of the Wheel of Fate," but how much would have happened if she had never butted in? Sure, it's easy to say, "you are destined," but since she's the only one with these visions, who's to say?

And, did she see the same future that was shown Luc? If she did, is she trying for that future--or for another one?

The final game is supposed to have the fateful meeting of Pesmerga and Yuber....will it also have a fateful meeting between Leknaat and Hikusaak?
Playing Suikoden III......
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

its nice to know you agree with me and demon eye moonbay, I guess the 3 of us are the minority that actually beleve leknaat is more than she appears, she is the 1 who's controling all the strings, moving the pawns in position..all for what? nobody knows... I actually just thought of something...windy returns in a future game and WINDY is the good girl and leknaat is revealed to be the evil master mind...that would be awsome

I have my speculations about leknaat..but there just speculations and nothing more..I believe leknaat has a connection to hikusaak as well
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I think that might be a strong possiblity, she certainly seems to have her own idea on how things should play out. She only seems to come around when the TR's are coming into play. It's interesting that in SIII and SIV she really took a back seat to the events. If you didn't get 108 stars I don't think you would have seen Leknaat at all in those two games. I don't think she is however being nafarious percisley but having her own agenda that some may not agree with. Also keeping balance doesn't always mean doing the "good" thing. There *may* come a time where she does something some might consider evil.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I would even go as far to say that Leknaat is conspiring with Hikusaak and that was the reason the Village of the Gate Rune Clan was destroyed. I find it rather odd that she seems to roam freely in and out of Harmonia. I find it odd that she knows so much about the True Runes as the Keeper of Balance and I find it odd that Hikusaak is known as the One Hero. A coincidence that she helps aid bringing the Stars of Destiny together and Hikusaak is the One Hero? I think not. She certainly has an agenda which doesn't involve the welfare of the Stars she helps to gather.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

One question though: Why bring back Gremio? If she doesn't care about the SoD and just the TR's then why bring back Gremio from the grave?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

She brought him back in order to keep Tir under her control. It's very simple. She keeps Tir in her good favor by doing that one task for him. Now, he's eternally indebted to her which she wants and needs. Plus, Gremio is very influential on Tir. Bringing him back and putting him with Tir would allow her to manipulate Tir through Gremio since he will always look at her as his savior. It's not about her caring for him. If that was the case, she would have intervened and not have let Gremio die in the first place.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Yeah but she isn't a God either, she can't be there every time they are in danger. She's not their babysitter, Tir and the rest have to do this on their own just because she didn't save Gremio in the first place doesn't make her nafarious.

Also what was the point of Leknaat giving the Fire rune to Cleo? She knows what is going to happen to Ted, Gremio and Pahn. Knows that Cleo is the only one certain to be at the hero's side.