Leknaat

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Kranach

Leknaat

Post by Kranach »

Leknaat and Windy split the Gate Rune in to 2 the Front Gate and the Back Gate. In Suikoden 1 Barbarosa took Windy with her in his death but it wasn't shown if they really died so there is a possibility that they are still alive :!: Hey Barbarosa Has the Sovereign Rune and Windy has the Front Gate Rune so how can they die easily when both of them posses a true rune :?: Now Leknaat is a seer and she can see to the future. In Suikoden 1 Windy summoned thousands of monsters with her Front Gate Rune and all Leknaat could do was to removed some. It took the help of Joshua's Dragon Rune to destroy almost all of the monsters. NOw the way I see it the Gate Rune is a very powerful true rune :!: When a battle is about to begin Leknaat will show herself to a person who has a true rune and is capable of gathering the 108 stars of destiny(except Suikoden 3) to help him/her stop the war. If Leknaat has the complete Gate Rune then she doesn't need to do this because she can already do it herself. In Suikoden 3 Leknaat triedto stop Luc but her Back Gate rune has no match for Luc's True Wind Rune :!: What if Leknaat has The Gate Rune then she could have stopped Luc. Maybe in the future Leknaat will be able to unite again the Front and Back Gate to obtain the Gate rune. :D
BeastRune

Post by BeastRune »

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Gate runes are not to be united at all. Leknaat describes herself in Suiko IV as being in charge of maintaining the balance of the true runes and monitoring their users. If she possesed a complete rune, she could easily shape history herself and would no longer be just an advisor and guardian. I have a feeling that the bad people who have true runes get a visit from Wendy (before she died, that is) just as the good people get a visit from Leknaat. They provide balance.
josiskrazy

Post by josiskrazy »

what if she is to get them back together...would she use it for good or evil?

its slightly hinted that she would be on the opposing side in Suikoden 3's hidden comments...but as for how valid it is today...only Konami knows...
Leknaat
Luc's mentor. A master mind who controls the fate of the world. Perhaps the ultimate foe to be challenged in Suikoden X.
X=variable...not Suikoden 10...or maybe it does.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I doubt that Windy is dead. With the her half of the gate rune, she would probably be able to transport herself to safety, seeing as she wasn't tired, she would have easily been able to get away.
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

JanusThePaladin wrote:I doubt that Windy is dead. With the her half of the gate rune, she would probably be able to transport herself to safety, seeing as she wasn't tired, she would have easily been able to get away.
who knows how tight barbarrossa (can't get the spelling right) held onto her during the jump..he's so in love with her..and he's still look strong even after that final boss battle..
TheNeclord

Post by TheNeclord »

kenobi wrote:
JanusThePaladin wrote:I doubt that Windy is dead. With the her half of the gate rune, she would probably be able to transport herself to safety, seeing as she wasn't tired, she would have easily been able to get away.
who knows how tight barbarrossa (can't get the spelling right) held onto her during the jump..he's so in love with her..and he's still look strong even after that final boss battle..
I doubt either of them are dead, it may have been his intention to kill them both but im sure Windy had other ideas and transported them both somewhere. I hope so and we see them in another installment :twisted:
JanusThePaladin

I agree with you Neclord. I even hope to see Neclord again if they continue to do prequels. It might be fun to actually play with Neclord like you could with Yuber in S3.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Windy is definitely not dead. As stated, Leknaat's Back Gate Rune failed to beat Luc's True Wind Rune in Suiko 3. It means Leknaat still only has the Back Gate Rune. If Windy was really dead at the end of Suiko 1, Leknaat would have happily collected and unite her Gate Rune.

My bet is Windy and Barbosa is wondering the world and would ended up as some powerful star-crossed lovers. One have the Back Gate Rune and nifty magic. The other one has the Sovereign Rune which renders magic immunity to the carrier and transforms into a 3 headed dragon. Hahahaha, I pity any bandits who would wanna rob them.

And I highly doubt Neclord would return. He died under watchful eyes of Sierra and er...that vampire slayer guy. I don't think they would screw up and let Neclord pull off another doppleganger trick. So, sadly, Neclord is dead for good.
yipikiyayey21

Post by yipikiyayey21 »

to Agremsep: Hmm, maybe you have a point. Since having a true rune will cease Aging, maybe if they both survived during the Jump, they must've been living as a couple, and maybe Windy's attitude was changed for the good because of Barbarossa. I think, if ever they're alive, they dont want to engage on wars again because maybe, they dont want to have a life full of problems anymore. I think they wanna live a peaceful life.. Just like a typical Husband and Wife...

How I wish that Leknaat will soon inform us in the Future Games...

Btw, Does Leknaat appeared to all Suikoden games? (I havent played S3 and S4 yet) I think she always play a vital role during wars.. Maybe She's the reason whenever there are wars... >_<

[21]

Kung sino man ang mga pilipino jan, pm nyo lang ASL nyo sa kin.

ALL MY GAME FILES IN SUIKODEN 1 AND 2 WAS DELETED. GRRR... I Hate it!
JanusThePaladin

(Spoiler) I haven't finished S4, but yes she does appear in it. In S3 here presense was definitely not as pronounced as in 1 and 2.

I was wondering though, you brought up a point. My understanding is the Sovereign Rune was in the hilt of Barbarosa's sword. If so, would it still give him immortality? This has never been officiated.

And finally, I think Neclord could still appear in a prequel or two!
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Or as I read in another thread, Neclord could have easily conceived a child due to his many brides. Who knows? Maybe little Neclord (like little Vicki) will come along, or Neclord's kid will hire someone like Kage (from s1 and s2) to steal the blue moon rune back from Sierra. OOOOOORRRRRR maybe he will steal the Soul Eater rune and somehow harness its great power and revive Neclord with the power of the Blue moon rune mixed........ muahahhahahahahahah!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

JanusThePaladin wrote:I was wondering though, you brought up a point. My understanding is the Sovereign Rune was in the hilt of Barbarosa's sword. If so, would it still give him immortality? This has never been officiated.
Barbarossa would die of old age eventually. The Sovereign Rune grants the Dragon King Sword rustlessness which is the sword's form of agelessness.

The Sovereign Rune only grants the sword agelessness. It does nothing to Barbarossa in terms of agelessness.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snowe

Post by Snowe »

I think that maybe Windy and Barbarossa are still alive somewhere in the Nameless lands. Assuming Windy loses her memory after surviving such a fall(if she's alive), than maybe Barbarossa took her there to proctect her from war and further conflict. Maybe if Suikoden V takes place in the Nameless lands we might meet Sierra again? :wink:
JanusThePaladin

So has it been officiated that the rune's in weapons do not give the weapon bearer immortality.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Yes, that is an official statement. Only the weapon gains agelessness and not the bearer of the weapon itself.