Leknaat

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Belle

Post by Belle »

demon eye wrote:I would even go as far to say that Leknaat is conspiring with Hikusaak and that was the reason the Village of the Gate Rune Clan was destroyed.
As interesting an idea as that is, I doubt it's true. Why would she conspire with Hikusaak to end up blind, with only half a rune, and the near-inability to fight anyone unless she had support? If they were indeed working together, it sounds to me like Leknaat got the crap end of the deal.
I find it rather odd that she seems to roam freely in and out of Harmonia.
I'm probably wrong about this, but I would attribute this to her high defense--security, lack of detection and whatnot. She doesn't have to be in cahoots with anyone. Besides, once or twice in 400 years doesn't exactly qualify as "roaming freely."
I find it odd that she knows so much about the True Runes as the Keeper of Balance and I find it odd that Hikusaak is known as the One Hero. A coincidence that she helps aid bringing the Stars of Destiny together and Hikusaak is the One Hero? I think not. She certainly has an agenda which doesn't involve the welfare of the Stars she helps to gather.
Hey, she's had four hundred years to brush up on her True Rune trivia. I don't think it's odd she'd know a thing or two. Or fifty. Especially being a True Rune bearer herself.
She brought him back in order to keep Tir under her control. It's very simple. She keeps Tir in her good favor by doing that one task for him. Now, he's eternally indebted to her which she wants and needs. Plus, Gremio is very influential on Tir. Bringing him back and putting him with Tir would allow her to manipulate Tir through Gremio since he will always look at her as his savior. It's not about her caring for him. If that was the case, she would have intervened and not have let Gremio die in the first place.
LMAO. This is hilarious. Seriously, I love you for writing this.

Provided she's even able to do such a thing, why would she need to keep Tir under her control? What are these "wants" and "needs"?

If Leknaat wanted to "keep Tir in her good favor," what stops her from bringing back Odessa, Teo, or Ted? Honestly, I really think you're giving an old gal a lot of credit where it isn't (yet) due.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

I'm convinced Leknaat has some ulterior motive. I don't think she's the so-called self proclaimed keeper of balance or whatever she calls herself, given the nature of her background.

Firstly, she is not borned as a seer or whatever. Unlike other anime characters or fantasy characters, the keeper of balance role are usually taken by one that has a background that is logical to their role. For eg: It would be fitting if Leknaat is from a long line of seers or is of a higher being or whatever it is. The truth is that, she's a survivor from the Gate Rune War and THE ONLY REASON SHE WAS A SEER is to get close to Windy and thus, her entire involvement in Suikoden 1.

But she has no reason to be in 2,3 and even 4. Her involvement in these titles was on her own reasoning herself. She wasn't bestowed by God or whatever God of Runes or some almighty Runes of all True Runes or God of Destiny to be the enforcer of balance. No, none of this was stated. In fact, what was said is from her mouth herself.

Aside from the usual true rune attributes, the Gate Rune mainly allows you to teleports monsters. Possessing the Gate Rune doesn't make you the keeper of balance of all the True Runes or SOD. If Leknaat possesses the True Rune of Destiny or Rune of Balance, I would believe her story.

As for now, no. I say she has some pervert obsession with True Runes and the Tenkai Stars. Just wait for the finale of the series. You gonna see Leknaat revealing some ancient text that binds all the True Runes to her bidding, and she has done so already. Then, she's gonna use d True Runes power to make herself the ultimo supremo numero uno Goddess of Bitc** of the multiverse. After that, she will take her place with Sephiroth as the biggest baddest videogame villian. Then they are gonna get married. And soon, you will see Sephiroth and Leknaat juniors, donning black coat with a veil. 1 hand would be holding the masumune and the other holding some crystal ball.
Belle

Post by Belle »

Sephiroth kinda sucked as a villain, IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing her next to Albedo, though. :wink:
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

OY.

Has anyone considered that if the ALL the True Runes are brought together and combined, whoever holds them has SUPREME power?

That's what Hikusaak wants. And if Leknaat's NOT working with him, she's also going for the same thing. She knows who has some of the TRs.

Look at it as a kind of True Rune scavenger hunt.
Playing Suikoden III......
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

LOL. It seems that my perverted and random bashing on Leknaat makes some sense.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Moonbay wrote: Has anyone considered that if the ALL the True Runes are brought together and combined, whoever holds them has SUPREME power?
Well that's not possible for one person to hold all them all. Windy can hold two and Hikusaak has to create clones to hold his excess TRs.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

Sorry to contradict you, Oppenheimer but Leknaat has a True Rune on her chest. Maybe you can have a true rune anywhere on your body. So she can put all 27 on all her body. Legs, arms, head, hands, feet, chest back, etc. She may be getting close to TR bearers so she can steal their runes when they are killed. She may know the secret Windy knew so she can bear all the true runes at once, making her the supreme one. And there I was thinking Leknaat was ace.... and moonbay said combined them, so it's one rune, maybe the master rune.
Last edited by anokosa on Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I think the point is that either Leknaat or Hiksuak could control those people who had the TR's through one influence or another. That they could be puppet masters of these TR holders.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Ah, well good luck to them, that kind of backfired on Hiksuak in relation to Luc. I can't imagine someone with a true rune would be easy to control regardless of the circumstances.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

the thing is, leknaat is very crafty...she makes everyone think she's the good samaritan woman and then she gets people in her debt, then when the time comes..all the people she helped come back to her and trust her with there lives and then she royaly screws them over and leads them into the ultimate trap where she can claim there true runes
Relisus

Post by Relisus »

I also think Leknaat has her own agenda. Whether it is evil or not has yet to be seen. I happen to think it is evil though and like someone in this thread has stated she probably just gathering intell on where each rune is and who has each rune and when she finds them all she will gather to together and do something.
You ever wanna talk Suikoden feel free to IM anytime.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

As interesting an idea as that is, I doubt it's true. Why would she conspire with Hikusaak to end up blind, with only half a rune, and the near-inability to fight anyone unless she had support? If they were indeed working together, it sounds to me like Leknaat got the crap end of the deal.
It's actually quite simple, we don't actually know how Leknaat ended up blind. It could have been a result of separating the Gate Rune. It could have been simply an accident. Recall that Leknaat was not as strong as she is today long ago when she first became the bearer of the Back Half of the Gate Rune. So, any possible reason could explain it. Also, sacrifices are needed to forge one's ideals.

Her loss of eye sight could have just been an exchange for her current abilities. We just don't know. And I think you are quite wrong in saying she got the crap end. Recall that she knows more about True Runes and the future of the world than anyone and now bears the title as The Executor of Balance. Seems like she got something quite special out of it at the expense of her eye sight which she doesn't seem to need anyway.
I'm probably wrong about this, but I would attribute this to her high defense--security, lack of detection and whatnot. She doesn't have to be in cahoots with anyone. Besides, once or twice in 400 years doesn't exactly qualify as "roaming freely."
It is considered roaming freely when only one person managed to accomplish that feat before her. Recall that the Harmonian capital, Crystal Valley is home of the most powerful magic known. To pass through those walls once is a big deal and to take a host for a True Rune is an even bigger deal. Lets not forget that Harmonia went through a great deal of trouble to kill her clan off and yet she seems to have been forgotten.

It is inconceivable to even suggest that they do not know that Windy and Leknaat survive seeing as they know the Gate Rune is missing. And I doubt her high defensive wards had anything to do with it. High magic triggers other high magic. Surely, someone noticed her but just didn't care.
Hey, she's had four hundred years to brush up on her True Rune trivia. I don't think it's odd she'd know a thing or two. Or fifty. Especially being a True Rune bearer herself.
You act as if she is the only 400 plus year old person mentioned. Sierra has lived almost twice as long as her and she doesn't seem to know as much as her. True Rune trivia is fine, but to seemingly know the powers of all True Runes in existence seems quite a stretch for one person without help. Plus, we can't even be sure that all of the True Runes have been discovered. So, the fact that she has lived long and bears a True Rune really doesn't mean anything.
Provided she's even able to do such a thing, why would she need to keep Tir under her control? What are these "wants" and "needs"?

If Leknaat wanted to "keep Tir in her good favor," what stops her from bringing back Odessa, Teo, or Ted? Honestly, I really think you're giving an old gal a lot of credit where it isn't (yet) due.
She obviously is able to do such a thing and if you played the first Suikoden and any other one, then you would already know the answer to this question which I believe I have already explained. She needs him, a Tenkai Star and bearer of a True Rune, to control the Wheels of Fate and move destiny into the direction she has envisioned.

And what stopped her from bringing back Odessa is the limit of her power which she already explained by herself in Suikoden 1. Plus, if Odessa survived then there would be no point for Tir to lead the army and thus manipulate the thoughts of the 107 who followed him.

They would all be following Odessa and recall that Odessa is quite less able to be manipulated than a simple child plus she does not bear a True Rune. And I think you aren't giving her enough credit or enough thought. I think you need to look deeper at the evidence presented to us.
Yeah but she isn't a God either, she can't be there every time they are in danger. She's not their babysitter, Tir and the rest have to do this on their own just because she didn't save Gremio in the first place doesn't make her nafarious.
Who said she was a God? And you say she couldn't be there everytime, but clearly she knows the fate of those who she has locked her vision on. And you contradict yourself by stating that Leknaat gave Cleo the Fire Rune because she knew what was going to happen to Ted, Gremio and Pahn. If she knew that much and she had watched him the whole game, then why all of a sudden did she turn a blind eye at the time he needed her most?? Ok, even if I do consider that, then you would find it pointless for her to go out of her way to bring Gremio back if he wasn't needed in her schemes.

And I don't recall calling her nefarious, at all. I do believe she has a motive and an agenda. I won't say whether it is good or bad, but it obviously involves manipulating the bearers of True Runes which we have seen her do throughout the whole series..starting with Lazlo, then Ted, then Luc, then Tir, and then Riou and Jowy. Ignoring these facts would be faulty, not to mention how she just happened to become the astrologist for Scarlet Moon when Windy took up there, as well.

It only makes sense that Leknaat is either a spy or a conspirator. She can get close to people who use True Runes and she is unassuming enough to not be detected. It makes obvious sense that she is conspiring with Harmonia. Her knowledge and actions make her very suspicious.
Last edited by demon eye on Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well said demon eye

and I just thought of something

Leknaat might be an underling of hikusaak and she's just preparing all the true rune bearers for him

it could be a very easy way for hikusaak to get what he wants and perhaps leknaat is really a good person but is being black mailed to do all these things

this would explain why shes nice in some games{suikoden 1 and 3} and why she's mysterious and disturbed in others{suikoden 4 and suikoden 2}

either way there's deffintley a huge behind the scenes plan thats unfolding
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Well I thought you were going for a nafarious angle with Leknaant and Hikusaak. In that case then of course she's a manipulator, you can get that in the first game alone. Before the game even starts she's talking to herself in that intro, about is Fate unchangable?

If we're discussing the fact that Leknaat manipulates things to get her agenda then yes I agree. She appears to TR bearers giving advice and etc. Now whether or not she is working for or with Hikusaak I'm not sure. However Hikusaak doesn't quite strike me as the protagonist here. He seems to rule with an iron fist of order, treating conquered lands as slaves and employing cut throat agents to attain his goal of collecting TR's.

As far as I have seen Leknaat has not once suggested to ANY TR bearer that they should serve Harmonia. If she was working with Hikusaak to collect and use the Rune bearers wouldn't she try to enfold them into Harmonia? In fact wouldn't it be better to continue sowing chaos in these regions she has appeared in to keep the people weak so that it's easy pickings for Harmonia? If anything she has ensured that the nations she has affected are STRONGER and better able to face Harmonia when THAT day comes.

As for Leknaat and Windy being suspicous of survinging their clans destruction. Answer me this, why didn't all of Krypton escape when it was being destroyed? I mean they have advanced techologies out the wazoo and only ONE can survive?? It's basicaly the same principle due to fortunate circumstances Leknaat and Windy survived, we don't know the exact details of the village's destruction like we do Ted's.

I mean look at the Hidden Rune Village, you have three POWERFUL TR Bearers and they MISSED nabbing a weak and not ready to use his Rune yet Ted? The thing is you have to then remember the detail of Tir being sent to help Ted escape. Something similary may have aided Leknaat's and Windy's escape.

So I agree that Leknaat is manipulating events to her own goals, but they are goals that serve the Universe, not some man's petty goal for power and control.
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

It might also be possible that Leknaat might have an agenda /against/ Hikusaak. It's possible that at one point, Hikusaak was a Tenkai
Star but unlike the others, he chose to rule the country and became corrupt. It seems as Shard Star said, that when Leknaat guides the Tenkai Stars, she guides them in such a way that their country becomes stronger against it's aggressors, both within and without. That and her dealings with Luc seem to suggest going against Hikusaak rather than with him.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D