Leknaat

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

sierra chose to hide in he forest to protect others from her rune. Leknaat may have studied the true runes since she 'became' the watcher of the wheel of destiny.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Leknaat's Likes and Dislikes:
Crystal Balls - it gives her the edge in looking like a balance keeper.
Tenkai Stars.
True Runes.
108 Stars of Destiny.
Popping up in your room in the middle of the night.
Talks to you in your dreams whether you like it or not.
Pops out of nowhere.
Stealing properites - Stole Luc from Cyrstal Palace at Harmonia.
Destorying empires by instigating the tenkai stars to build up and army to topple the current empire which would cause deaths of millions of lives.
Gives or leads her tenkai stars powerful True Runes to make sure they really bring down the empire.

Dislikes :
Windy - she can summon cool monsters and have cool associates like Barborsa, Yuber and Neclord while Leknaat has only a clone as an apprentice.
Opening her eyes.
Suikoden IV - She did not had any prominent role in it.
Suikoden Tactics - She wasn't even featured.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Now whether or not she is working for or with Hikusaak I'm not sure. However Hikusaak doesn't quite strike me as the protagonist here. He seems to rule with an iron fist of order, treating conquered lands as slaves and employing cut throat agents to attain his goal of collecting TR's.

Although this seems true, we also have not seen or heard from Hikusaak in a hundred years. We don't know that he is exactly behind the cuthroat tactics that Harmonia uses. Of course, we can suggest that the fact that Luc was made Bishop was due to Hikusaak, but we cannot actually be sure. It is quite possible that someone has been impersonating him for hundreds of years. We just don't know. So, to assume that Hikusaak is "evil" is not actually the accurate thing to do here.
As far as I have seen Leknaat has not once suggested to ANY TR bearer that they should serve Harmonia. If she was working with Hikusaak to collect and use the Rune bearers wouldn't she try to enfold them into Harmonia? In fact wouldn't it be better to continue sowing chaos in these regions she has appeared in to keep the people weak so that it's easy pickings for Harmonia? If anything she has ensured that the nations she has affected are STRONGER and better able to face Harmonia when THAT day comes.
And the whole point of being an agent is not to give off any suggestions that she is working with the other side. If she gave an iota of a hint that she was working for Harmonia then we would have nothing to speculate about.

And think about it, how would Leknaat give the Rune bearers or the True Runes to Harmonia? Like I stated, her role is to move the True Runes, through manipulation of the bearers, towards the Fate that she has envisioned for the world. You are under the assumption that this is for evil reasons, but that is not what I'm stating.

And why would she need to make the countries weaker when she is only after the True Runes and their bearers? Notice that in every case where she gets involved with a True Rune bearer they are seemingly isolated from the country which they come from. Examples: Luc, Tir, Riou, Jowy, and Lazlo. They all have left their countries by their own choice or have been made to leave.

So, it seems like she is doing a great job of isolating power from countries. So, I don't know where you get that they are stronger. And again, her interest is not in conquest, her interest is in the True Runes and she is obviously the best informant when it comes to that and clearly she is an excellent asset to a man such as Hikusaak who seems to crave possessing all 27 True Runes.
As for Leknaat and Windy being suspicous of survinging their clans destruction. Answer me this, why didn't all of Krypton escape when it was being destroyed? I mean they have advanced techologies out the wazoo and only ONE can survive?? It's basicaly the same principle due to fortunate circumstances Leknaat and Windy survived, we don't know the exact details of the village's destruction like we do Ted's.
How does Krypton even factor into this?? I don't know how Superman even factors into this. And you are making my point perfectly clear. It is quite odd for only two members to survive. Recall that Clark Kent was aided in his escape from Krypton. Hmm, so who's to say that Leknaat wasn't aided and that Windy just happened to escape. Like you said, we don't have enough details, but who's to say it can't be true. But, like I said, it is odd that those two managed to survive when they seemingly methodically destroyed the entire village. There is nothing fortunate about it in my point of view. It all happened for a reason.
I mean look at the Hidden Rune Village, you have three POWERFUL TR Bearers and they MISSED nabbing a weak and not ready to use his Rune yet Ted? The thing is you have to then remember the detail of Tir being sent to help Ted escape. Something similary may have aided Leknaat's and Windy's escape.
And those three powerful True Rune bearers didn't miss nabbing him, they were diverted and distracted by their own search. They only knew the location of the Soul Eater, not who possessed it. It was quite easy for them to overlook a simple child especially when they had no knowledge of his existence due to the fact that they believed the whole villaged was burned to the ground with Yuber's assault.

Aside from that you are once again helping my argument. I'm suggesting that something or someone heleped them escape or at least something helped Leknaat escape. Of course we don't know what that something or someone is, but if we did then there would be no point in this discussion. I think very possibly she was tipped off and made a deal, but she had to make a sacrifice. It's quite simple.
So I agree that Leknaat is manipulating events to her own goals, but they are goals that serve the Universe, not some man's petty goal for power and control.
You are wuite entitled to your own beliefs, but note that I never said that her beliefs were in line with some man's quest for power and control. Aside form that, once again, we don't know that Hikusaak's goal is for power and control. So, that is a baseless assumption.

I simply stated that Leknaat could very possibly be working along with Hikusaak to ensure that the Wheel of Fate properly turns in the right direction. So, that would be definitely serve the Univers, correct?
asph

Post by asph »

hmhmhmmhm.....
also Flik and Viktor were said as missing at the end of suikoden 1...but they came back :shock:
if a character is officially missing and not dead i suppose there's something going on so i think that Windy and maybe also Barbarossa will return in some Suikoden
I agree to the theory of evil Leknaat...I feel something wrong in her and maybe Windy will go on the good side along with Barbarossa, after all i think they really loved each other

but i don't think Leknaat revived Gremio to manipulate Tir, in my opinion it's just a reward for the player who have collected all the SoD so the player has a reason to have them all, maybe at Konami they thought that due to Gremio's attitude and feelings for Tir the players would have liked him more than any other character