Chris & Nash

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Comicho

Chris & Nash

Post by Comicho »

I was playing Suikoden 3 today and noticed how i feel like Chris and Nash seem to have this strange love/hate relationship and they seem to have feelings for each other. Chris says some harsh things to him at times and even then she seems to have a fondness for Nash. An example when they're in Alma Kinan -- in the forest alone when Nash wanted to speak to her and find a quiet place and he says he seems to find both, and she asks what he wanted and jokingly says he came to seduce her. They exchange words how his missus would hurt him or something then he says "I'm not comfortable being here." Chris replies "You must have known this was going to happen...." (in almost that exact same context)then he changes the subject immediately. Although Nash is married doesn't mean there could be something going on... from the moment they meet each other at the sunset in Iksay -- how he compliments her and says some pretty slick stuff and Chris seems to enjoy it -- to the ending if you play Chris when it says Nash visits her before departing unlike all the other character endings that says he just departs. There's other little things that caught my attention that seem to me that there's more than meets the eye.

In my opinion I think Chris and Nash would be a great couple and a great side part in the story. Salome is like an older brother to her i think, so no go for him. Although seems to me Borus has a huge crush on Chris, I think she takes him too seriously as just another fellow knight. I think it's cuz I hate his character too. Althought Percival and Chris seem to have a pretty cute relationship together -- joking around and Chris calling him Percy at Iksay... those little things, but that's a whole nother thing.

I know it's a game, but chris is hot and needs someone like nash. That's just my analysis.

Let me know what you think...
Don't think sorry is easily said...
Seink

hmmm....

Post by Seink »

Well, i think that the relationship that Nash and Chris share is just pure friendship, because Nash deliberately mention about his 'mistress' which is hinting that he's not after her but just doing his job as a har spy.

On the other hand,chris would have been more posssible if she's born 15yrs earlier....the age gap between Nash and Chris is just too big and it doenst make them a sensible couple......

And about Nash's Mistress....it is rumoured that Sierra's the one.....but it just kind of doesnt really make sense 2 when Sierra is living eternally and born X hundred years earlier than him.that's also the reason i think McDohl and Kasumi did not officially become a couple in the end.....it's like a man married to a frog.....0_o!!!!!!
It's heavy for man to move the wheel of destiny but not impossible.
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

Sierra, unlike the other True Rune bearers known, actually does not have to deal with that problem as she can make any potential lover into a vampire.
(Some claim she already did which is why Nash doesn't look his age.)

Anyway back to Nash and Chris; Nash's comments seem to be more flirtatious than seductory. It seems as though he's trying to bring her out of her shell and shows her that she is a woman as well as a knight.

His 'missus' may be a cover story as she always has convenient opinions on whatever he's discussing with Chris; or she may actually exist and not be that bothered by, or is oblivious to, his actions while he's working.

Nash seems to be based on a James Bond style archetype so his smooth attitude with females may be in fact just be an act to gain their trust.
pu_united

Post by pu_united »

by the way ... they do meet accidentaly n what a coincidence Chris meets him as she can know about her father .. i read the manga .. Nash doesn't really looking for Chris at first rite ? he then approaches Chris at Iksay Windmill to tell her that Iksay's in danger ...

well, if Chris n Percival nvr come to Iksay ... will Nash find Chris first then find Wyatt or he will straight find Wyatt - ignoring Chris ?
silentstephi

Post by silentstephi »

Oh please! This whole missus story is just that, a story. I would find it greatly satisfying if Nash and Chris were a couple. I enjoyed the by play between them.

Besides, isn't there something about Nash and Sierra in Suikogaiden? I didn't think they were a couple, just traveling partners. If there was some fun on the side....

:twisted:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

~Adam Savage

http://www.silentstephi.com

Come Watch
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

pu_united

We'll just have to wait until the manga comes out. Or you can ask someone who has the Japanese version of the manga. They're ahead.

silentstephi

They were travelling partners, but i'm sure there was a slight bit of interest between the two. Nothing too serious though. Nash is still mad that she lied to him, though. hah
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

I think he did marry Sierra, and that he is a vampire. "I may not look it, but I am thirty-seven" (is that the age he gave?) There was lots of flirtation between him and Sierra before.

Besides, I think Chris belonged with Salome. *hides under a table*
KQswst104

Post by KQswst104 »

Really? I got the impression that she was annoyed by Nash, though she did warm up to him as the game went on. If she's going to end up with someone in the game at all though, I think it will be Borus. Maybe he's buying all that wine to hide his feelings, who knows? Plus Nash and Percival are womanizers, a type of man I think she's smart enough to avoid.
Seink

Hmm,,,,

Post by Seink »

That reminds me of the S3 ending where there is someone said something to Chris.......****SPOILERS AHEAD****

***SPOILERS AHEAD****

***SPOILERS AHEAD****

***SPOILERS AHEAD****

Ok, it's Hugo's mother, Lucia. She told chris at the end of the S3 that they're both the same type of woman and they need to show their "weakness" once in a while...*wink*.....

If Chris is as strong a woman as Lucia, then we can safely infer that Lucia's hushand will at least share some similar Charateristics with chris's husband. Yet the sad thing is that Hugo's father was never revealed *_*(any close guesses?)

And judging from Hugo's behaviour and actions, if she inherited Lucia's stubornness , then he might have inherited his sense of justice and valuation of life from his father.(which also the FC has.....)

so far, it's Borus to me whose have that kind of quality. Remember the part where Borus was being comforted by Percival that he's slaughtered villagers and he was an 'animal'?Leo cares for Fighting, the elf knight cares for Zexen, lucius is 2 young and precival is flirting 2 much....

hmmm, but i have a feeling that the Zexen knight's won't end up with Chris...Chris is like an idol figure and is superior to them,which keeps them from a certain distance depite their attempts to flirt her.

I really think that mayb someone like the New Merchant's guildmaster will b Chris's prince charming...hehehehe
It's heavy for man to move the wheel of destiny but not impossible.
iSera

Post by iSera »

I think they say in the newspapper at one time that nash met with a beautiful girl with long silver hair or something like that...

It _could_ be Chris... which is an interesting idea... but then wouldn't the newspapper guy know it's her?

Which is why I'd say it's highly probable that it's Sierra. As for nash being a vampire... he doesn't look like one to me... but I'm pretty sure Sierra wouldn't let her lover age while she doesn't so they might have figured something out
iSera

Post by iSera »

Sierra's isn't affected by the sun because she's the first vampire. All vampires come from her yet they are affected by the sun. That doesn't make any sense.

As for nash not showing signs yet... it is a possibility... but he DID age in 15 years (vampiers wouldn't have neh)
still, out to remind people, we can't judge suikoden's vampires based on other legends of vampires. Many things seems to differ in suikoden from let's say white wolf's vampires.

As weird as it can seem too, I really can't imagine Nash wanting to be a vampire...
Archangelknux2

Post by Archangelknux2 »

Upload your save file from the 2nd to the 3rd game and manage and find the script about neclords end. Then put nash in it playing as Sierra or the Narrator. He doesn't sound too fond of Sierra at all. In fact he calls her an "old hag" and a "bloodsucker". I think something may have happened to them to ruin their relationship.
Your friend and mine Archangelknux2
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Nash thinks Sierra broke her promise because she was supposed to tell him about the True Runes. That was his assignment from his superiors. However, since Sierra only knows about the Moon Rune, she just left him. Nash was understandably upset after tagging along with her for so long.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Blue Sasarai

Post by Blue Sasarai »

nash has always been a total flirt, also i think he does like chris, but also its fun to tease her cuz its very easy ^^ i believe they might have a lil crush on each other a lil bit, but mainly its all friendship luv.
i can c them helping each other and being nice to each other more than being romantic ever.
"i hate you more than anything in this world.
but at the same time, you're the only one i empathize with."

-luc to sasarai
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Nash and Sierra had a love/hate relationship going on from the start. Nash calls Sierra "old hag" many times in the Gaiden as well, (and gets fried many times).

Also, Yumi states in the comment box that she met Nash's wife when she came to visit, which strangely coincides with when Guillaume says that Nash was meeting with a silver-haired girl.