Mazus has a true rune

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

yipikiyayey21 wrote:How bout a Summoning Rune? Derived from the True Beast RUne.. Like Summoning Golden WOlves and stuff?? I bet SHiro would be jealous if he sees Kinnison Hugging the summoned Golden Wolf..

[21]
Blue Gate/Pale Gate = summoning rune (offspring of the Gate Rune)
jonathan_priest

Crowley and Mazus

Post by jonathan_priest »

Well, whether or not they ever reincarnated, I believe by the official timeline they're born after their legendary duel, and that's a pretty big mistake for Konami not to fix. Anyway, I've always been of the impression that only those with significant magic prowess can equip more than one rune. Look at how many former stars could only equiped one. Cecile, Genshu, Pesmerga...and a whole bunch more. So to equip 100 runes within your body, your ability to harness Magic has to be unthinkable. No matter how great Crowley is, its hard to imagine that much power from just a normal man. Of course, any guy who hangs out in caves isn't really normal is he? :P
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Gorudo

Re: Crowley and Mazus

Post by Gorudo »

jonathan_priest wrote:Well, whether or not they ever reincarnated, I believe by the official timeline they're born after their legendary duel, and that's a pretty big mistake for Konami not to fix. Anyway, I've always been of the impression that only those with significant magic prowess can equip more than one rune. Look at how many former stars could only equiped one. Cecile, Genshu, Pesmerga...and a whole bunch more. So to equip 100 runes within your body, your ability to harness Magic has to be unthinkable. No matter how great Crowley is, its hard to imagine that much power from just a normal man. Of course, any guy who hangs out in caves isn't really normal is he? :P
The whole thing with characters only attaching 1 rune, that's a gameplay thing, not a storyline thing. Just like you could equip runes on Sierra even with the Blue Moon rune and whatnot.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Konami knows of this "error," and has said on multiple occasions that it is not a mistake.

Born could mean they were re-born, which makes sense if they were indeed reincarnated.
jin022

Re: Mazus has a true rune

Post by jin022 »

come to think of it, how many lesser rune are there? crowley & mazus embeded 100 + runes in their body. they even embeded useless runes? suikoden 6 hope they will be there.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Well we know there are 27 true runes, even though we don't know what they all are yet. It would be safe to assume there are more runes than presented in the games.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Well, the six-year necro's not exactly necessary, but just to add something to the discussion: it's possible they could have embedded same runes out of those hundreds. They don't have to all be different you know. After all, wasn't Crowley the one to discover elemental rune combinations? So he's obviously experimented on them a lot. It's possible he has like 30 Cyclone Runes in him the powers of which he's trying to harness.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

To answer some question here, from Suiko to Suiko 5 (including Tactics) there are more than one hundred runes. And just like the other says that is only the runes that appear in the series.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.