Mazus has a true rune

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Mazus has a true rune

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

As we all know, Mazus and Crowley are very much enemies. In one major battle, they fight and end up killing each other. Crowley (I am pretty sure I read this in an old book) has over 100 runes attached to his body. Now unless Mazus has a true rune, or was Crowley's apprentice (notice my name), there is no way that Mazus could have won. After the long battle, they were both reincarnated. Crowley could do this because he was extremely powerful and could harness the power of a true rune from a normal rune. How did Mazus do this? Could he have a true rune?
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

He could have 99 runes on his body. Mazus has no True Rune. Konami has stated that both Crowley and Mazus are trying to achieve true rune-like powers without true runes. They are hardcore mages.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

In the next suikoden they better have Crowley and/or Mazus in it. They are the only true mages (to me anyway). Crowley is the suikoden GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
deathmf

Post by deathmf »

how do u attach 99 runes on ur body... can't u just put one on head left hand and right hand?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

That's just for game-play purposes.

In reality, you can attach runes wherever you want.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clangeddin

Post by Clangeddin »

Maybe they had a true rune and sealed it somewhere to study it and make another "artificial" true rune.

But I'll guess that in the end, it will be Piccolo the strongest of his pupils, the one who was recongnized by his own master as his true successor.
And, no, Im not joking.
Dont make the Big Show angry! XD
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

After the long battle, they were both reincarnated. Crowley could do this because he was extremely powerful and could harness the power of a true rune from a normal rune.
We don't actually know they were reincarnated -that's only a theory. Unless there was official word that I missed...

Also we don't know whether Crowley has harnessed the power of a true rune by using a generic rune - he's trying to harness it as far as I'm aware.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

How can crowley embed 100 runes in his body :?: How big is a rune crystal and Crowley was able to embed 100 in him :?: Crowley's line in Suikoden 1 is by the power of the 100 runes embeded in me. Thus he use all of these runes :?: The rune count in suikoden thus not even reach 100 including the special runes minus the 27 True Runes because he doesn't have one so how can Crowley have 100 runes.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Rune crystals only house the runes. The runes themselves are inside the crystals and could there is easily 100 places a person could have a rune ebedded.

For gameplay purposes, we can't see all 100 runes in Suikoden, but there could easily be 1,000's of unnamed runes.
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

Fliktor wrote:For gameplay purposes, we can't see all 100 runes in Suikoden, but there could easily be 1,000's of unnamed runes.
hmm there's only 27 true runes..all other runes are known to be the lesser of these 27 true runes..can there as much as 1000??
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Because he said 100, not 1,000. Also, there are runes that are man made, like the Falcon Rune for example - that is not derived from a True Rune.

There are most likely countless runes in the Suikoden world, but they are clasified into regular runes for gameplay purposes only. There are probably runes out there that have effects you couldn't include in the games as they wouldn't be feasible in the gameplay or story side of things.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

I wish they will return the Turtle Rune because that is the most useful rune of all :!: Protection from all status effect. :wink:
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Is the Falcon rune truly not derived from a True Rune? I thought that was just a theory. The fact that a person 150 years in the past could know the same technique as a person in present time, when it is known that it was taught by a specific master seems to argue this idea. I would think that this "master" could possibly have a true rune, that he derives these physical runes off of, especially since knowing a technique shouldn't take up your right or left hand...
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

a true falcon rune?what can it possibly do??it's more like a special skill..so special that it's like a rune..just like shin spider slay rune..a special technique he developed himself..
yipikiyayey21

Post by yipikiyayey21 »

How bout a Summoning Rune? Derived from the True Beast RUne.. Like Summoning Golden WOlves and stuff?? I bet SHiro would be jealous if he sees Kinnison Hugging the summoned Golden Wolf..

[21]

Kung sino man ang mga pilipino jan, pm nyo lang ASL nyo sa kin.

ALL MY GAME FILES IN SUIKODEN 1 AND 2 WAS DELETED. GRRR... I Hate it!