Killey Sindar leader?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Blackhand jr

Killey Sindar leader?

Post by Blackhand jr »

Now I know I don't have much to back this up but here it goes.
Now yes he is looking for information about the Sindar, him being the Sindar leader why would he want to do that? Well he could of disaperaed for awhile and when he came back they where gone, and now he's trying to find out what happened to his people. As for his backround, a cover that's all I have. You also have to consider how well he took Alex's news. He understood which means he knows a lot about the Sindar, I'm sure another person that was tracking the Sindar down like Killey wouldnt of accepted that.
As for the Rune of Change on the Sindar's leader forehead. Well I know of no source where you see Killey's forehead. His big hat could be his way of hiding it.
Gau

Post by Gau »

From SuikoSource:
Rune of Change
Current Owner: Unknown (Leader of the Sindar)

Past Owners: Unknown

A True Rune representing change that affects all in the universe. The powers of this rune and its whereabouts remain a mystery. However, it is said that the Leader of the Sindars hold this rune, forcing the Sindars to move from place to place as a curse. However, it is said that the Sindars finally found their "eternal city" after their eternal wander.
After an "eternal wander" I doubt he'd leave his people, but if he did the people definetly wouldn't up and move after an eternity of wandering and finally finding somewhere they can stay.

Lorelai is also trying to find out about the Sindar, but this doesn't make her their leader either.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Yeah, as the previous poster said, the Rune of Change belongs to the leader of the Sindar and it would serve no purpose for Killey to leave his people and then search for them again. Besides, why would Killey be searching for the secrets of the Sindar if he is already the leader?
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

The way he left, could of been non-voluntary. He could of gone to one of the other universes of the Suikoworld, or somewhere far way from where the Sindar moved. Why would he be looking for there sercets? To find out what happened to them, and too make it look natural. Perhaps the Sindar found there city after there leader vansihed, which enabled them to find there city.

As for Lorelia, umm Killey would be cooler to be the Sindar leader.

Gah, I gotta get to the part where Killey is in Suikoden II.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Umm, the secret of the Sindar that Killey is looking for is probably based on their ancient technology. Killey is not looking for the Sindar people, but the treasures they left behind in the ruins when they fled. If he was the Sindarian leader he would not be looking for those things. Plus, Killey was born WAYYYYY after the Sindarian race disappeared hence he can't be their leader as the leader of the Sindar led his people into finding their Eternal Capital years ago. It just really doesn't seem likely.
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

So we don't know what exactly Killey is looking for? Also has it been confirmed that there leader lead them to the city? If not my theory on the Sindar leader leaving makes sense, with the rune of change out of the Sindar's presence they wouldn't be effected by it like they where, it'll effect them as much as normal people. Otherwise the Suikoworld would be full of nomads.

Birth yes that is a problem. But Killey could just be a name he took. Also who knows, anything can happen, just look a Mazus and Crowley. Perhaps Killey's birthrate could be when the Sindar leader returned or something like that.

I know there not much support for this but no many character theories do. I gather what proof I can, so I can have something more than similar appeaneces and such. Although I'm starting to think the more broad Sindar theories I have is better. But connecting Killey with it makes since.

Also don't say anything about Killey's head slot is free for runes, you can change Luc's wind rune.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

So we don't know what exactly Killey is looking for? Also has it been confirmed that there leader lead them to the city? If not my theory on the Sindar leader leaving makes sense, with the rune of change out of the Sindar's presence they wouldn't be effected by it like they where, it'll effect them as much as normal people. Otherwise the Suikoworld would be full of nomads.
In Lorelai and Killey's character info they explain that Killey was tricked by Lorelai and locked in prison while they were both searching for the secrets of the Sindar. Killey beats up Alex in Suikoden 2 because he thought he had found it. Killey is not searching for "his" people. That is confirmed. The leader of the Sindar would know that the "medicine" Alex found was not the Sindarian secret. That's another reason why Killey couldn't be the Sindar Leader.

Also, it states that the Leader of the Sindar led his people in search for the Eternal Capital ages ago. The leader of the Sindar bore the Rune of Change since those days. That is confirmed. Killey was not alive then hence making it impossible for him to be the leader of the Sindars as they disappeared as a people hundreds of years before his birth.
Birth yes that is a problem. But Killey could just be a name he took. Also who knows, anything can happen, just look a Mazus and Crowley. Perhaps Killey's birthrate could be when the Sindar leader returned or something like that.
Killey is not a magician first off and Crowley and Mazus both have the same name even after their speculated reincarnation. When they give a character a name then they usually don't change it. The only disparity on this is Wang and Aila of Suikoden 3. They both change there names because they join Geddoe's unit which all have codenames except for him. Killey is Killey. Killey is from a clan that worships the Crimson Bird. We pretty much know all of his history. I don't know much more you can get from him. He has no idea about Sindar technology and you claim him to be the Sindarian leader. I would find it odd if a leader of a race has very little knowledge of the race he's supposed to be leading.
Also don't say anything about Killey's head slot is free for runes, you can change Luc's wind rune.
I had no intention of mentioning this. All the other information suffices. The fact that Lorelai has known him for years, as well as Georg Prime pretty much shows me that he doesn't bear a True Rune as he wouldn't have aged and at least Lorelai would have known something was different with him.

And of course we could claim he found the Rune of Change, but that theory has no ground as it is speculated to still be on the forehead of the Sindar Leadar who disappeared before Killey was even a thought. If Killey had the Rune of Change then he would have never aged and that would cause some issues as Lorelai would have noticed. But, even after all these evidential facts you want to still believe he is the Sindar leader by all means do. I just think it's rather farfetched.
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

I don't believe, just think it's a farfecthed theory. But I guess all the info on Killey pertty much makes it null.

But did the Sindar leader find there city? Is that said or does it just say that he lead the search. Becuase his rune of change is what cuased the Sindar to move all the time right? If he wasn't with them it would make sense that the Sindar would find there city. That theory there is at least better than my Killey one. (Unless it's confimed the leader was/is with them in there city)
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

It states that the leader of the Sindar is leading his people to the Eternal Capital. The purpose of the Sindar's wondering is to find their elusive Eternal Capital, therefore the leader must have the Rune of Change in order to live on and continue the search. It is also stated that they have possibly reached that Eternal Capital and finally stopped their wondering, as well.
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

Something just occured to me, can't True Rne bearers choose to age? Luc did, so Killey could of done it to throw people off.

Just a note I love to argue and if i can find evidence to support my side I'll use it. But I'll concede once I'm porven very wrong (unless I can find more good facts to help me)

mm the Sindar. So it is possibe he wasn't with the Sindar when there found the Eternal Capital? That he could of disappered somehow? Also perhaps he realized as long as he had the Rune of Change and was with them they could never find the Eternal Capital, so he left them so the city could be found. I should proboly make a thread in plotline theories for this.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Only children can choose to age, and even that has restrictions. Once a person treaches around the physical age of 16-18, they will no longer age with a true rune.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

mm the Sindar. So it is possibe he wasn't with the Sindar when there found the Eternal Capital? That he could of disappered somehow? Also perhaps he realized as long as he had the Rune of Change and was with them they could never find the Eternal Capital, so he left them so the city could be found. I should proboly make a thread in plotline theories for this.
Not possible. You are missing the point of the leader having the Rune of Change. The Rune of Change causes the Sindar to wander, but it is also what will lead them to their Eternal Capital. Therefore, the leader of the Sindar must have the Rune of Change and must lead his people to the Eternal Capital. Without the leader of the Sindar and the Rune of Change the Sindarian people can never find their Eternal Capital.

The fact is that Killey can't be the Sindarian Leader. He was born centuries after they disappeared, has no understanding of Sindarian History, clearly ages as Lorelai has known him for years and has not hinted that he has looked that way for years, and we already know that Killey comes from a tribe that woships the Crimson Bird. We know Killey's history already.

It is clearly stated in his character information. There is no more mystery left for him. The Sindar had disappeared ages, AGES before he was even thought about being born. There is no way to find any evidential support to back your theory that he is the Sindarian Leader because we alreayd know all there is to know about Killey.

If you play Suikoden 2 and go over his conversation with Alex you would clearly understand how naive Killey is about the Sindar. He basically has limited knowledge about them. How could the leader of a race not even understand the technology and secrets of the race he is supposed to lead? Killey is simply a treasure hunter like Lorelai. Nothing more and nothing less when it comes to his interest in the Sindar.
TheNeclord

Post by TheNeclord »

I agree I dont think there is a whole lot more to Killey just that him and Lorelai are rival treasure hunters.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

I thinjk there is way more to Killey than meets the eye, and I'm not just talking about the Sindar.
What intrigues me is his history in the Queendom of Falena supposedly aiding Georg to kill the queen.
They have gotta (Knami) clear up more about Falena in an upcoming Suikoden.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

His tribe of "Crimson Bird Worshippers" seems much more interesting than killing some queen, in my opinion.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.