Hikusaak, The Original Tenkai Star.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
thundersenshi

Post by thundersenshi »

As I understand it, Luc and Sasarai weren't born with True Runes, but they were given the runes at a certain age. So that may explain it. Unless of course, Luc and Sasarai were born looking like 16-year olds already. XD
SUIKO WARFARE 101: Why anyone's bothering to get a Silverberg to battle for their cause is beyond me. They never guarantee success, unlike getting a Jeane or a Viki. Who has ever seen a Hero lose a war with both of them on his side?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

No, they were both born as host of the True Wind and True Earth Rune. They were never apart from their respective True Runes. Luc just happened to form an unwanted bond with the True Wind Rune that intertwined it with his soul and Sasarai performed a more perfect bond with the True Earth Rune where it could be removed, but it still remained bound to him until Hikusaak wanted it. They were containers for those particular True Runes and never spent a single day of their lives seperated from them.
thundersenshi

Post by thundersenshi »

Probably since Luc and Sasarai were merely clones, they skipped the whole process of being born from a biological mother or host and were adult from the beginning?
SUIKO WARFARE 101: Why anyone's bothering to get a Silverberg to battle for their cause is beyond me. They never guarantee success, unlike getting a Jeane or a Viki. Who has ever seen a Hero lose a war with both of them on his side?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

thundersenshi wrote:Probably since Luc and Sasarai were merely clones, they skipped the whole process of being born from a biological mother or host and were adult from the beginning?

Sasarai is about 32 years old.Luc was also 32 years old when he died I suppose.They where about 14-16 year old looking from the moment they where born/cloned but it is said that when a bearer gets a TR at a young age they still age a bit but I don't think thats true. They say that because of Luc looking older in S3 than in S but I think thats only because of the different art.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

True Rune bearers who gain a True Rune at a young age, can age until adolescence but it depends on the will of the True Rune in which they bear.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

demon eye wrote:True Rune bearers who gain a True Rune at a young age, can age until adolescence but it depends on the will of the True Rune in which they bear.
Maybe hormons have more power than True Runes :D
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

They had to be born as normal children, then aged to look the way they do now, Luc and Sasarai.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

TheBoundlessDream wrote:They had to be born as normal children, then aged to look the way they do now, Luc and Sasarai.

We know that they where 'born in the way you see them in S1 and 2 but in S3 he's about 30 and probably because of the hormons he ages.

Or am I incorrect?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It could possibly be hormones, or it could possibly be that the runes themselves wish to preserve an ageless host in their prime years for best efficiency.

Hypothetically, an eternally infant rune bearer won't be of much use to them. That is only an example though, because Luc and Sasarai were never infants.
dryst00

Post by dryst00 »

just want to bring up 2 points...

1) at the end of s2 there were 2 endings 1 jowy and riou together...and the alternative is riou taking jowys rune thus giving him both halfs of the true begging rune and in turn giving him immortality

2) in s3 hugo chapter 3 when u pretend to be the flame champion to stall for time against the harmonians sasari says something along the lines of at least he looks 30
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

1.)Yeah, but official storyline goes into Jowy not dying.

2.)No comment
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

dryst00 wrote:just want to bring up 2 points...
2) in s3 hugo chapter 3 when you pretend to be the flame champion to stall for time against the harmonians sasari says something along the lines of at least he looks 30
It is probably a major mistranslation. I haven't played the japanese version but based on the bit i do know, the tense and conditions are often implied on the speaker. So thus when it was translated it could have been done outright wrong or simply the way it is presented (some characters have odd manners of speech in suikoden if stumbling through japanese version of 2 and the gaidens has proven to me) could have been a rather correct direct translation but wrong for the situation. It's no excuse as a translator should pay enough attention to catch context but it is very likely. A lot of video games have similar issues.

Since I am not sure how the scene goes but it would be more appropriate to take it as he doesn't look 30 and then addresses how basically hugo is obviosuly too young to be the flame champion (appearance and very likely behavior since Hugo acts like a naive youngun wanting to charge into battle all the time)
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

A real plot twist for "the Hero War" would be, if Hikasuuk is misunderstood and he is gathering the runes for a good purpose.......hehehehehehe

I liked being surprised out of my wits and being shocked in games. Like the first time I played Suikoden 3, and the "Masked Man" took of his mask.............and it turned out to be LUC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that was a shocker!

At that moment even Luc himself said, "HOLY shoot! That's Luc!! :lol: :lol: :lol: "

Now if Konami could re-capture that kind of surprising moment with Harmonia, it would sell better that sex :lol: :lol: :lol: !

And this question is kinda of topic, but how do you pronounce" Luc?" Because I've always pronounced it as "Luck," I dont know if that's right or not. I've heard him be called Luke before...........................
EDIT by Red Killey: This member is already banned.
kcana

Post by kcana »

It will be a great and interesting new game if they were to make one. So I agree with you.

But the fact that you said Suikoden 4 was trash. I can't agree. Maybe suikoden 4 isn't the best among all the other suikoden games... but I still think it was fun. (Especially the mini games, lol.)
Although I didn't like it whenever I had to sail to sea...
But you have my point.
Rody

Post by Rody »

thecontrivance wrote:A real plot twist for "the Hero War" would be, if Hikasuuk is misunderstood and he is gathering the runes for a good purpose.......hehehehehehe

I liked being surprised out of my wits and being shocked in games. Like the first time I played Suikoden 3, and the "Masked Man" took of his mask.............and it turned out to be LUC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that was a shocker!

At that moment even Luc himself said, "HOLY shoot! That's Luc!! :lol: :lol: :lol: "

Now if Konami could re-capture that kind of surprising moment with Harmonia, it would sell better that sex :lol: :lol: :lol: !

And this question is kinda of topic, but how do you pronounce" Luc?" Because I've always pronounced it as "Luck," I dont know if that's right or not. I've heard him be called Luke before...........................
I have to agree that it would be awesome if Hikusaak was once good (but that he is now evil, maybe due to his long life with a true rune?) Um, but I knew the Masked Bishop was Luc the MOMENT I saw him in the book, and I am dead sure that others knew as well (we just talked about this on another site, actually). Unless I misunderstood you, and you were being sarcastic?

I agree that Konami needs to use more plot twists though... (And I would love to see more returning characters, or more characterization in some of my personal favorite characters who were basically on the sidelines; Rody and Hervey, for example) Everyone wants to see Flik and Viktor again! (So where are they, damnit?!)

I pronounce it "LUCK" as well, mostly because I DESPISE the name "LUKE" with a deadly and fiery passion. But I have heard it pronounced in this ugly way before, but only by one of my friends. Everyone else I know pronounces it the same way you and I do. ^^
How did I end up as Pang Tong?!

Don't drink and park - accidents cause people.