Hikusaak, The Original Tenkai Star.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
The Fire Hero

Post by The Fire Hero »

To the poster who asked how old Hikusaak was when he recieved his True Circle Rune. The answer is right in front of us my friends. The answer is inbetween 25-30. Take one look at Luc and Sasarai. How old do they look. There lies the answer. Hikusaak stopped aging once he recieved his True Circle Rune. Luc and Sasarai both are cloned from Hikusaak to bear their True Runes. Therfore Hikusaak is around the age of 25-30.
Can't we all just get along?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

That doesn't really give us an accurate answer. Sure, they are said to be clones of Hikusaak, but we don't know exactly what materials were used to make them. They could have some of Hikusaak's DNA or whomever else's. Besides, Sasarai and Luc really don't look alike at all, so we can't truly say that Hikusaak resembles them or they resemble Hikusaak.

Even if they were to look like him, he could have gotten the Circle Rune at an old age or young age. Luc and Sasarai were allowed to mature to around the age of 25-30 in years since they were created. We can't use them to put an actual timeframe in which Hikusaak got his True Rune.
The Fire Hero

Post by The Fire Hero »

Luc and Sasarai look exactly alike, the only thing that is even slightly different is their hairstyle. You are correct in stating that they could resemble Hikusaak at any age. Then again I assume that they would have been allowed to age to the age of Hikusaak in his prime so that gives us atleast some information on him and what he looked like at some point in his illustrious history. It is inevitable that they make a game concerning Hikusaak and his grand adventure, we shall find out in the future my friends.
Can't we all just get along?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I guess I'll agree that they share some similarities. I believe that they only aged to the way they look now based on the will of the True Runes they bear. A bearer will general age until around the point of adolesence which is around 16 for most individuals in the real world. So, I don't know if that really has anything to do with Hikusaak's preference. And they could give us an idea of what he looks like or not. We can't be exactly sure that they were directly cloned from Hikusaak. There could be a lot more that goes into it. But, as you said, we will know eventually.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

"People keep saying things about having Riou and Jowy return in future games. Just keep in mind it would have to be soon because their true runes dont make them immortal only Tir's Soul Eater does. "

I always thought Riou and Jowy would be immortal because of the Bright Shield and Black Sword.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

The Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes are not True Runes and don't grant immortality.
Mymiridion

Post by Mymiridion »

The Black Sword Rune and The Bright Shield Rune are half runes. If Riou didnt help Jowy in the ending of suiko2 then he would have combined them and created The Rune of Beginning which would grant immortality, but he didnt so end of story.
Chaos would suite me just fine ~Yuber
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

Never knew about them being half runes, always thought they are true runes, since Leknaat was govering them, and I thought I remember while playing II while back ,Leknaat saying that they were one of the 27 true runes. guess I was mistaken.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Translators made the fatal mistake of naming the Black Sword and Bright Shield Runes True Runes in both S2 and S3. Leknaat and Jowy both call the Black Sword Rune a True Rune and Lilly says the rune she saw in Tinto was a True Rune. She said it was being used by a Hero, so she meant the Bright Shield Rune and not the Blue Moon Rune, both of which she saw at the same point in time.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mymiridion

Post by Mymiridion »

dont mistake us tho, the Rune of Beginning is a True Rune, but it was spilt in two (hence the legend, how its similar) which made the bright shield rune and the black sword rune.
Chaos would suite me just fine ~Yuber
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well in suikoden 2, there are times when the bright shield rune and black sword rune are refered to As true runes but there are also times when the game tells you that they are halves of the rune of beginning and the halves arent true runes
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

I've never been comfortable with the idea of Riou and Jowy's runes only being half runes. I can accept it, but I believe that when they dueled, they activated the Rune of Beginning, and thus they both share the rune's power. Of course, that's just me, because I find it silly that Riou's rune can fend off the true power of the Moon Rune when in Neclord's possesion and The Black Shield Rune pretty much sealed the Beast Rune. Besides, the spells they had were every bit as powerful as the spells in any true rune, more so if you look at the RoP.

Anyway, I would have definately preferred if Suiko IV had taken place during the Hero War, if that's what its called. Having Hikusaak as a hero would be awesome, and certainly give some important backstory to the series as a whole.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Riou and Jowy's rune still remaining as special runes that form the Rune of
Beginning without aglessness if official. Also, there's many aspects of the Bright Shield deflecting the Moon Rune that were discussed in this thread. Jowy also said in the conclusion that the reason he was so weak is because he was using a non-True Rune to hold off a True Rune. Also, spells of a rune are a gameplay issue, and should not be used to justify plot arguements.
thundersenshi

Post by thundersenshi »

The Fire Hero wrote:Take one look at Luc and Sasarai. How old do they look. There lies the answer. Hikusaak stopped aging once he recieved his True Circle Rune. Luc and Sasarai both are cloned from Hikusaak to bear their True Runes. Therfore Hikusaak is around the age of 25-30.
I always thought that 31 was Luc and Sasarai's natural ages but they stopped aging some time between 16-18... ^^;;; After all, weren't they said to have been "born" in Solis 444?
SUIKO WARFARE 101: Why anyone's bothering to get a Silverberg to battle for their cause is beyond me. They never guarantee success, unlike getting a Jeane or a Viki. Who has ever seen a Hero lose a war with both of them on his side?
Hassie

Post by Hassie »

demon eye wrote:The Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes are not True Runes and don't grant immortality.
So how is it, that Windy and Leknaat each have half a true rune and have immortality? Am i off on this? I'm pretty sure they each have half of the gate rune, and yet they are still immortal. Why does it work for them?

And Luc and Sasarai were born with true runes i thought. So how is it they aged at all? Does the rune let the person grow to adolescence? And to think Luc and Sasarai look like 24-30!?!? Are you nuts, they look like children. Even Dio mentions how Sasarai looks so much like his son, and than Sasarai says "Dio, i'm older than you" No way they look any older than 14-17