Hikusaak, The Original Tenkai Star.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Gau

Hikusaak, The Original Tenkai Star.

Post by Gau »

Think about it, when Hikusaak defeated Aronia and established Harmonia, its not very different from whats happened in Suiko games.

I think it would make a good game to have Hikusaak be the Hero and have the game be about the establishment of Harmonia. Would be good way to fill in a lot of back story. Hikusaak comes upon the Circle rune and is led to overthrow Aronia. Obviously some things have happened in the past almot 500 years which might lead people to view Hikusaak in a different light than say Tir or Riou, but Hikusaak probably started out with good intentions, then possibly it was the stagnation of the Circle rune which caused things to go awry after a few hundred years. (Although the Gate Rune Clan was slaughtered nearly coming out of the starting gate, only approx 70 years after the formation of Harmonia...)

Would be a good way to make up for *cough* trash *cough* Suikoden 4.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I thought he would fit to be a Tenkai at first. Yet, the more I know about Hikusaak, the more I'm iclined to think that he might be a Tengou instead. Tenkai stars never stay behind to lead countries, but it's the Tengou who usually become the new figurehead.

Btw, IV isn't trash. :x
Gau

Post by Gau »

Good point. Also, if Hikusaak were the main character he'd be the first you don't name. (Even in 3 do naming w/ the flame champion) But i think it would be interesting to have Hikusaak be the main character, because would be great for information on him. Also, the true rune fits into the mold as well.

Sorry, but IV was immensely dissapointing and is hard to find many good points to it while playing it.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

From the trend in each of the games, the tenkai star is an individual who seems to come from nowhere but has some sort of distinguished relative. Tir had his father, Riou had Genkaku, Thomas' father was a rich mayor, and the Hero of Suikoden 4 is most likely the son of the King and Queen of Obel. So, I would think that Hikusaak would most likely not be the Tenkai Star as he is well known and has done his own great deeds, but it is very possible that they can break the trends.

And enough with the Suikoden 4 hatred..we get it and we have enough threads on that subject where you can express your utter disappointment. No matter how bad you disliked it, the game is not going to change. Make peace with it and move on. Well, enough preaching to the choir.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Nevertheless, the 'rumour' that his actual location is unknown presently might be in line with the fact that as a previous Tenkai, he didn't actually rule the country. His colleagues are the one ruling the country in his stead (similar to how Lepant heads Toran until the day McDohl returns to accept his position).

But that sort of contradict the other 'rumour' claiming that Hikusaak is the One source of all evil in Suikoden world, eh.
LGM

Post by LGM »

Chances are that the next game will be set after 4 but before 1, which would set up an appearance for Hikusaak. Plus it means you can have a mix of characters from 4, plus more from the original 3 (crowley and mazus for example).
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

Chances are that the next game will be set after 4 but before 1, which would set up an appearance for Hikusaak.
Hikusaak appeared many years before the events of IV, so the it would have to take place before IV, not after if it were to be about Hikusaak.
Turin Turambar

Post by Turin Turambar »

Actually, Chances are that he could make an appearance in almost any game unless Konami decides to show us Sierra's story....

On second thought, I wouldn't mind recruiting 108 people to become an army of vampires. :D
Give me a story with cursed and tragic heroes, and I'll follow to my death.
taliefer

Post by taliefer »

id rather they move forward than backward honestly...rather see the next game take place after 3, would have a great chance for returning characters too since chris geddoe and hugo are all True Rune bearers, plus Tir is still running around somewhere isnt he?
Flame Champion

Post by Flame Champion »

As are Riou, Jowy, and plenty of other stars from Suikoden 2 as well.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I don't see why they would introduce a mostly-new cast for just one game. More than likey they'll continue right where S4 left off, or maybe a few years after.

Remember how pointless Apple, Jeane, Viki, Yuber and Futch seemed in S1? Look at how interesting they've become. They'll probably add more history and depth to the SoDs of S4 as more sequels in-between 1 and 4 come out. The SoDs seem bland because their story is only beginning. Revealing their story in full would ruin any chance for developing them further in future games.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

if Hikussak and Armonia battle is made to be suikoden X , then Luc and Sasarai will be playable ... maybe Leknaat ?
hahahzZ ... that can be fun ^^
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I agree with Jowy. Those new cast would be a waste if there is no other game for the less prominent characters to shine. Remember how insignificant characters like Clive and Luc underwent serious development long after their first appearance in the series.
Nanashi

Post by Nanashi »

I'm already content on what I know about Hikusaak and how very shy he is on public..

But making another re-run of his story - I don't feel it.

I like Suikoden IV btw... simplicity has it's strenghts ya know.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

nanashi wrote:I'm already content on what I know about Hikusaak and how very shy he is on public..

But making another re-run of his story - I don't feel it.

I like Suikoden IV btw... simplicity has it's strenghts ya know.
Just remember that Hikusaak isn't confirmed to be male.