Hikusaak, The Original Tenkai Star.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Night

Post by Night »

Rody wrote:I pronounce it "LUCK" as well, mostly because I DESPISE the name "LUKE" with a deadly and fiery passion. But I have heard it pronounced in this ugly way before, but only by one of my friends. Everyone else I know pronounces it the same way you and I do. ^^
I suspect it is supposed to be pronounced like 'Luke' as it takes the french spelling of that name (Luc). Sadly, the most obvious comparison I can think of at the moment is Jean Luc Picard from Star Trek.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
BobTheLycanthrope

Post by BobTheLycanthrope »

Hello, excuse me if I waste my first post for something so pointless, but... LUCK? LUKE? what the...? I have always pronounced his name as it's written, being a genuine italian :D
So it is... Luc, as in "look" but with a shorter vocal sound!
Excuse me, your words hurt my national pride... :D :D
Rody

Post by Rody »

I could care less how other people pronounce it. I know I'll never change the way that I say it; it's all a matter of preference.

And I thought it was a french name?
How did I end up as Pang Tong?!

Don't drink and park - accidents cause people.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

anyways........

Hikusaak, had to have been the orignal tenkai star. I mean he rebeled against a nation, and created his own. How could he not have been a tenkai star.

I want to add on the dicussion of riou and jowy not being granted immortally because they possess half of a true rune and not a whole true rune. Well leknaat and windy both possess half a true rune and they seem to haven't aged in over 300 years.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
Red XIV

Post by Red XIV »

demon eye wrote:From the trend in each of the games, the tenkai star is an individual who seems to come from nowhere but has some sort of distinguished relative. Tir had his father, Riou had Genkaku, Thomas' father was a rich mayor, and the Hero of Suikoden 4 is most likely the son of the King and Queen of Obel. So, I would think that Hikusaak would most likely not be the Tenkai Star as he is well known and has done his own great deeds, but it is very possible that they can break the trends.
Hikusaak is well known for his deeds now. But we don't know that he had done anything of note before leading rebellion against Aronia.

Of course, if they made a game about that rebellion, it would be the first Suikoden that Leknaat isn't involved in at all; given that she and Windy didn't split the Gate Rune until 72 years later, chances are she wasn't born yet when Hikusaak fought against Aronia.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

I honestly think this would be a good idea. I see the series actually going in this direction soon.

I don't see why some here consider Hikusaak an evil person. The only thing that one could say was evil was the attack on the Gate Rune Clan. However, even then we don't know whether he gave the direct order to attack or not. Then, Hikusaak dropped from sight some time between that event in year 70 and 230 when Barbarossa's ancestor broke away from Harmonia forming the Scarlet Moon Empire. Then, apparently comes back 214 years later, give or take some years depending on his disappearance, and creates Luc and Sasarai. Luc knows about this cloning and that is why he is so cold, however Sasarai doesn't.

The more I think about this the more interesting it becomes. I going to look deeper into this and formulate some theories on this.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Morningstar

Post by Morningstar »

Just consider this, yes if they wanted, Konami could easily do it but it would be pushing the series too far in the wrong direction and i'm sure many fans would be disappointed, after all if you were too convey the transformation of Aronia into Harmonia in a Suikoden game it would have to be the best, most epic one ever, without any doubt, and that as you may well know is impossible, there will always be dissention among fans.

Plus you would be taking the timeline further than ever, right now Hikusaak's war is like suikoden world mithology, reaching for those ages would certainly expand our knowledge of the past (after all the story must have an historic background) but right now thw world of Suiokden as yet many regions and countries to be made to know and besides, if a game was made that took place in the region of Harmonia it would be the very end of Harmonia, its the oldest kingdom in the world and well overdue for a internal revolution, in this case Hikusaak would probably be the antagonist.
Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire world!