Nalleo's Mother! *Spoilers*

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Well, there were many characters in S1 that seemed boring. Apple, Luc, Futch, Yuber, etc. Now, after three games focusing on these people, look at how interesting they've become. If someone has said that V is definitely after IV, then they are wrong. It's just that, with so many new characters, it'd be kind of pointless to have made all those characters to just throw them away.

The Higheast Rebellion is an interesting moment in history, but there's not much to elaborate upon. It'd also be boring to have the same old people join you again. There's only a handful of people that were involved in the conflict anyway.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonathan_priest

I concur

Post by jonathan_priest »

I agree completely Jowy, about the High East Rebellion, I just threw it out there. I don't see it being a significant moment in history, just the history of Dunan. Why wait 12 years to try to revive Highland is beyond me though. For me, I'd love to battle the War of Succession. To be able to play the bad guys from S1 as heroes is a very fun idea to me.

As for V being a direct sequel to IV...personally I thought the whole game was pointless. The Island Nations Federation has no significance in the Suikoden World...the war wasn't even a war so much as a laughable attempt to gather a True Rune that no one really wanted...and there aren't enough major questions to come from the character's pasts to invite me to ask questions about...what was the secret Sigurd learned from Middleport that caused him to be hunted? It's not that big a deal. Besides, most of the endings left closure on the story as far as I can see.

This person becomes chief of the island, this person becomes chief...this person dies of such and such causes. I don't see much of an opening for a direct sequel of the game.

On a side note, I think I need to get me an avatar. :?
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."