Mike the card player

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

O i didn't know Mike's age...Is it possible that Luca's mother had like triplets(don't know if Luca and Jillia got borned together) and she left the other one for adoption???
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Luca is Agares' and Sara's son.

Mike being the child of Sara is also impossible, because she died after giving birth to Jilia.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

grr I know nothing of the Blight family! :D

Well why the hell are we talking about a fictional character that we know NOTHING of and trying to figure out who he is based on NOTHING?

We are pathetic...

I need a live...

O wait there's one!
Black Knight Yuber

Mike the card player

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Mike a member of the Howling Guild or one of Kage's ninjas¿ Watari prolly seen Mike talking to people in black and Watari reported to someone. That person was told if he/she ever said where this source came from I'll kill you or either made a promise not to be informed of the original source. I like how Arthur had a bulletin of Mike & mysterious face along with his smile/underworld. I'm assuming that it was Arthur who said underworld because I don't think The Howling Guild is associated with Underworld. If Watari knows him for some reason then maybe Mike is a ninja from Kage's Dark Wind organization. The underworld statement could also mean that he is not human. He looks this way because inside he's a demonic spawn. The men dressed in black could of been priests that were there to check up on Mike. Either or Mike could be a Guild Member, Ninja, or possibly some creature from parts unknown. This guy isn't an ordinary card player that's for sure.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

Watari might even be Kage's son..
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Watari being related to Kage is not unlikely.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Knight Yuber

Mike the card player

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

It would have been nice to even see a brief or a shocking appearance in the Northern Cavern. After beating Ayame, Kage would then appear to confront Watari. Either leading into a duel which wouldn't be that easy considering how much damage you took from Ayame. The other would be fighting him with everyone in party if you lose nothing he vanishes, you win you'd get something really useful.
Nekomancer

Post by Nekomancer »

I find it incredibly amusing that this topic has grown so long with so many strange ideas and theories. I've decided to add my own...

Mike is secretly using his earnings from cards to fund his 'hooded saluting men' fetish. People think he's suspicious because he's checking them out to see if they'd look good in hoods and can feel his 'crazy homosexual hood fetish vibes'. Of course people, that must be it! Can't you see the proof! Look closely and you can see that he wears two long sleeve collared shirts and a vest! He also laughs all the time! Therefore he must be nuts, an evil gay ninja, a member of the HVG, the illegitimate son of dozens of characters, in the drug trade, part of the Higheast rebellion, and secretly out to take over the world.

The sad thing is I probably have just as much to back-up my theory as the rest of these do. Honestly I think Konami never had anything planned for Mike except a 'suspicious' card player to take residence in your castle.

So what have we learned?
1. We really don't know anything new about Mike.
2.Sometimes characters will never get a decent explanation.
3.It's still fun to theorize and read other people ideas.
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

here's one...that really has no evidence whatsoever, Maybe mike is a double-agent. A ninja and a HVG member.
futanchen

Post by futanchen »

Lemmy's edit: Do not mention Suikoden V outside of its designated forums, thanks.
soonket

Post by soonket »

well well who knows some unknown organization's boss lost to mike in a card game before and he sends his men to invite mike to another game again ??? and tat boss might be the falena's prince faorush !!! i think faroush would be 40 yrs old by the time suikoden 3 take place... and as a 40 yr old man he has got nthing to do after the suikoden 5 incidents den he challenges card players from all over the world !!! woo hooo !! tats how suikoden 3 and 5 connects !!! yeah man....

okay enough craps.. another theory is i think he might be a ninja from dark wind after reading all the posts in this thread because... watari is a ninja hunted by dark wind(if u all did not forget bout it) after he deserted the group and so mike is sent to follow watari instead of wyatt or watsoever...

drug dealer ?!!!?? bwahahahaha
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
executorofbalance

Post by executorofbalance »

well, i think he's Zaj...with his hair dyed...Zaj was in the howling voice guild...
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not dissapear."
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

If I recall correctly, Zaj died in the Gaidens, so that would make it impossible for him to be Mike from Suikoden 3.
GrayMercury

Re: Mike the card player

Post by GrayMercury »

yeah, but how many times did he die in the gaidens? I randomly scanned it and found at least three times.....lol...and i'm sure there are more...so, who's to say he's not back for another round? the way you could disprove that he's not Zaj, is to stick him in the bath with Nash...lol.
"Master, Violence is Wrong." - - Dongo (SV)
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Mike the card player

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

So you're suggesting that Nash is hanging around with the man that he supposedly killed, tried to destroy his family, and kill him without making the slightest comment about it, lift an eyebrow or even go "WTF?", not to mention try to finish the job? Why do I find this to stretch the imagination?

Oh, I forgot. He dyed his hair, obviously Nash only remembers his hair color and as such wouldn't recognize him. I mean, I know I can never remember who my sister is whenever she dyes her hair.

And even so, are we to believe Zaj now wants bygones to be bygones and not hold a grudge against Nash? Water under the bridge? "I tried to destroy your family, you tried to kill me, let's call it even"?

Apparently, cause otherwise you'd think he'd try to finish the job as well. And Nash hasn't dyed his hair so he should be able to recognize him.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.