Mike the card player

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Sasarai_valixz

Mike the card player

Post by Sasarai_valixz »

There is something bothering me, about the existance of Mike
Somehow the game said that after the war he gone with those hooded blackman into the darkness (or into whatever...)
Still it makes me concludes a consclusion that he is maybe Pesmerga somehow chasing after Yuber but why he didin't fight?? and appear as a manly gambler in Caleria??

Can anyone explain this to me, especially for the 'hooded man' part
I bestow you with the power of Unity of The Holy Circle Rune!
daoster

Post by daoster »

It is highly speculated that Mike belonged to the Howling Voice Guild (same guild that Clive and Elza of Suikoden I and II belonged to), and those hooded men are part of the HVG somehow.
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
thundersenshi

Post by thundersenshi »

Some kind of clue: he may have been in the Higheast rebellion, seeing as he's concerned about Watari recognizing him, and Geddoe "smells a rat" when he's around. Prior to the war of the flame champion, both latter characters were mentioned to have participated in the Higheast rebellion.
Dragon Knight Futch

Post by Dragon Knight Futch »

Sorry about who ever closed the other thread, didnt see these links.

Is it just me or does Mike look like Seed -alot- , I mean same hair color , just with glasses and same face, possibly why men in black coats come to see him, since the HVG was involved with the High East rebellion. Seeing how Konami loves to change there mind, maybe when there in L'Renouil(sp) Leknatt or Windy( if shes still alive ) came and revived them,any things possible with this game, with crowley being reincarnated and junk.

Or hes possibly just another character involved in the HVG, maybe some one sent by Clive to check whats going on with the war.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Dragon Knight Futch wrote: Is it just me or does Mike look like Seed -alot- , I mean same hair color , just with glasses and same face, possibly why men in black coats come to see him, since the HVG was involved with the High East rebellion. Seeing how Konami loves to change there mind, maybe when there in L'Renouil(sp) Leknatt or Windy( if shes still alive ) came and revived them,any things possible with this game, with crowley being reincarnated and junk.
Seed is dead, plain and simple.

And anyway, I don't see any resemblance. That's about as valid as the Nadir-is-Culgan crap that I used to see around here.
Purr.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Some kind of clue: he may have been in the Higheast rebellion, seeing as he's concerned about Watari recognizing him, and Geddoe "smells a rat" when he's around. Prior to the war of the flame champion, both latter characters were mentioned to have participated in the Higheast rebellion.
Maybe that what Geddoe said to describe Mike as a thief or gambler (I know I had my potch dissappear playng Kabu :x ). But Mike following a hooded man part does give off more than what is known about him. And if it's true that both he an Watari participated in the Higheast Rebellion, what would Mike be doing in it and does that make him a former Highland citizen?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

If Mike is indeed a clandestine member of the HVG, it wouldn't be difficult to place him at the Higheast Rebellion.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jonathan_priest

Uh...

Post by jonathan_priest »

The Howling Voice Guild is in Harmonia, so if Mike is part of it, its possible the guild was involved.

However,
[spoiler]

what I'm curious about is when you play through on Luc's story, you can talk to Mike in Caleria and he gives a different name and says he's an arms dealer. [/spoiler]
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Interesting...
I didn't know such a small character could be of HVG, another one of Konami's brilliant attempts to confuse us....

Ehm never mind.

well we'l have to wait till the next game is out.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

I even wondered if Watari and Mike were the same person, and wasnt Nash apart of the HVG?

Clive leads it now.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Nash was trained by the HVG. He did not receive a gun, but is an expert with gunpowder.

Mike and Watari aren't the same person, because their ages are different and they can be seen together.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TheBoundlessDream

You can? you got a point there, it wouldnt make sense to make the same person a SOD, anyway.

Nash used gunpowder? and so Nash should know who Clive is. why they never release the SuikoGaidens over here?

I like to see more on the Higheast Rebellion too.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

He sais his name is Leanord or somthing BTW
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

TheBoundlessDream wrote:You can? you got a point there, it wouldnt make sense to make the same person a SOD, anyway.

Nash used gunpowder? and so Nash should know who Clive is. why they never release the SuikoGaidens over here?

I like to see more on the Higheast Rebellion too.
Nash was confronted by Clive in the Suikogaiden game. http://www.suikosource.com/images/gaiden1/2/11.jpg

Qouting from Suikosource:
If you chose to wander the back areas, you might run into Clive. Who sneaks up on you and shoves the barrel of his gun against your back. He says not all the elders have forgiven Nash for what he's done.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
TheBoundlessDream

Well, judging by that, I dont think he knew him.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan