Yuber and his weapons in Suikoden III?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

And we're not supposed to recognize him immediately; his identity is hidden just like Luc's is for the first few encounters with him.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

There are endless possibilities on how Yuber has double swords. Maybe it's just that his 2-handed sword in Suiko1 and 2, can split into 2 swords. That's why they look thinner in Suiko3. Or maybe, he killed Pesmerga for the second.

As for him opting for black coat, I would say it's the freaking weather. Must be freaking hot in the Grasslands. In addition to that, no one is wearing armour in his group, so maybe he wanted to blend in. Plus, if he did don his armour, he would look more like low henchman in the group.

Lastly..maybe Konami did make a model of Yuber wearing his old armour. Perhaps due to way the graphics were at Suiko3, he looked like crap.
Nekomancer

Post by Nekomancer »

Buff wrote:make him look more cool....please he looked like a gay demon with that hat on.it was a horrible look for him.
I hope you never get invited to a wedding. All the guys there pretty much wear black suits.
As I'm sick of new topics asking for pictures, PM me if you want any okay? I have a wealth of Suikoden pics saved(5k+) I'm glad to share. Couples are fine too (regardless of gender.) Just do NOT post any more topics about it. Please. It really irks me.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

My theory is that they are just completely different weapons. Really whats to stop him from buying new swords and naming them after the old ones. Also on the new look in S3 I liked it and felt it was neccessary so we didn't recognize him at first.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I saw somewhere on here once that Yuber traded armor with someone in order to hide from Pesmerga, which is why he isn't in S3. It makes sense that he could've also taken the man's swords to further convince Pesmerga that the other man was in fact Yuber.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:I saw somewhere on here once that Yuber traded armor with someone in order to hide from Pesmerga,
I'm pretty sure that was someone's speculation and not baised on any actual information gathering.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

who would want to wear a big armor when they are fast enough to dodge anything with clothes instead of armor? I think he looks cool with that suit though. :D. And his sword, like that guy said, he must of split his big 2 hand sword into to so he can have 2 sword for both hands :D
Nick Bruiser
Flame Champ ^^

Post by Flame Champ ^^ »

yup, n even my parents said "r u playing a Michael Jackson game?"
LOL :lol:
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I was honestly expecting at the end of the game, Yuber would put his armor back on and become a MUCH harder boss. Considering you were able to kick his ass 5+ times throughout the game. So when you had to fight him at the end, it was really not thrilling at all. It was...getting old.

I think in Suikoden 3, they really missed the meaning of a dramatic showdown by having you fight the all your enemies over and over and over.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Atman

Post by Atman »

People talk about Yuber taking off/putting on his armor, but I always thought of it more as a part of him that couldn't be removed. I remember that for Richmond's investigations of Pesmerga, he talked about how he never took his armor off, never made a sound while moving around in it, etc. To me, this implies that it's not actually armor, but actually a part of him. And I'm assuming the same is true of Yuber too, I suppose.

As far as Yuber's change in clothes, I'm not sure if he can just change the appearance of his clothes at will, or only when emerging from the World of Emptiness, or what, but I don't think he can take off his armor and leave it lying around. This could be equally true of his blades. He didn't go out and buy new ones, or anything, they just... changed. I suppose that it's not something that we can know until we know more about the connection between Yuber and Pesmerga. Not that it's really that important anyway....
DearWoman

Post by DearWoman »

heh..but I still like Yuber with ass kicking armor and sword..he rox ya
Crowley_The_Great

Post by Crowley_The_Great »

In the games in which we've encountered Yuber I think it's highly possible that Yuber is holding back much of his true capabilities. Until he begins doing things to further his own purpose and not in the service of others I don't think we will see his true power.
By the 100 runes within me....
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

I think it's possible we'll get Yuber as a party member at some point (3 doesn't count). People won't be complaining about his abilties once they get that bastard in their party (Brings to mind any Suikoden 5 characters who shall remain nameless?)

And yes, I think he just changed his weapons and armour into something more suitable. Plus his sword has always seemed to be a small fine blade to me and we had never actually seen him use it, it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that he had another hidden somewhere.
DeathChaser

Post by DeathChaser »

Hmm well from what i have seen about Harmonia many highprofile people walk around in black suits and cool looking hats .When Yuber was summoned to Harmonia he just had to change to something more suitable for his surroundings ...Black armor and long sword would draw too much attention towards Luc and the group .I mean Luc was wearing a mask and when i played Suiko 3 at first i couldnt recognise Luc or Yuber .
What ?Wo are you..
Hinlii the mighty

Post by Hinlii the mighty »

wasn't there about him having lots of people attacking somewhere??? maybe it got bent or something