Yuber and his weapons in Suikoden III?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
adversary

Yuber and his weapons in Suikoden III?

Post by adversary »

is there an explanation as to why he has two swords this time or did he have 2 originally? SARSadmin stated in some locked post that "Yuber's weapon in Suikoden 3 has the same name as Pesmerga's Weapon in Suikoden 2." so is it possible that yuber killed him and took his sword during those 15 years between S2 and S3 (which maybe explains why he had 2 swords -one; his own, and two; pesmerga's- in suikoden III)?

or did yuber's weapon's name in S3 apply to both of his swords? :X
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yuber has always used "Crimson Swords" throughout the Suikoden series. He doesn't have to take Pesmerga's sword or anything--he's used it since Suikoden 1. The shape of his weapon has changed between S1 and S2 as well as between S2 and S3, so the weapon might be able to change its shape. Crimson Swords are said to be "powered with runes" so who knows what sort of tricks this weapon hides.
Turin Turambar

Post by Turin Turambar »

Could it be possible that the creators of the game just screwed up with how they built the swords each game (especially between 1 and 2)? They don't seem to have the whole story written out yet. They've done it with other people's weapons before (Humphrey, I think).
Give me a story with cursed and tragic heroes, and I'll follow to my death.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The artists are different, for starters.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Yeah, it's almost like how Viki's outfit changes every game. Supposedly she 'blinks' into another time or place, yet within that 'blink' she somehow got an outfit change (even if it isn't that much of a change).
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
taliefer

Post by taliefer »

the outfit changes are just different models for new games, i dont think they have any meaning.

all the theories here are interesting, but sometimes we need to remember these ARE video games, and sometimes things are just put into games cause "hey, thatd be a cool thing to do in this game" ;p
lunar_seal

Post by lunar_seal »

Chaos_Zero wrote:Yeah, it's almost like how Viki's outfit changes every game. Supposedly she 'blinks' into another time or place, yet within that 'blink' she somehow got an outfit change (even if it isn't that much of a change).
Yeah, I agrre with that.. It's wierd :?

________
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

lunar_seal wrote:
Chaos_Zero wrote:Yeah, it's almost like how Viki's outfit changes every game. Supposedly she 'blinks' into another time or place, yet within that 'blink' she somehow got an outfit change (even if it isn't that much of a change).
Yeah, I agrre with that.. It's wierd :?

________
Yeah.

Its weird that her clothes change every time she blinks.

Lets just ignore the fact that SHE SNEEZES AND SHE IS INSTANTLY HUNDREDS OF YEARS IN THE FUTURE OR PAST FORM THE TIME SHE WAS JUST IN

:lol: :p
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Anyway the Weapons have been the ones that he had. THey just changed either cause he had the power to change it or the develepors didn't mind that it didn't make sense.
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

well,i think swinging around a weapon in each hand was the cool thing at that point, and yuber had just recieved his snappy black threads....why not make him even more cool? I think it's as simple as that. But your theory would explain why Pes isn't in S3.
Buff

Post by Buff »

make him look more cool....please he looked like a gay demon with that hat on.it was a horrible look for him.
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

i disagree. i think the look fit perfectly with his companions. He would have looked terrible with all that armor. I thought the all black outfit looked slick.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I don't see how wearing a black suit is paticularily homosexual. Otherwise, MIB would have been a much better movie. Besides, I liked his evolved look. It made more sense with his rediculiously high dodge rate.
Buff

Post by Buff »

i didn't care for his black suit,it was mainly that hat i didn't care for and his hair was braided compaired to what it was like in 1 and 2.he was strong as hell in 3 with those swords but compaired to his 1 and 2 look i just didn't care for his 3rd look.

i just wonder why did they change his look.was he trying to hide out from pesmerga?
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

that could be it. but like I said before,i think they changed his look to make him fit in with luc, sarah and albert. The armor is badass, but it wouldn't have looked right with those 3 as his companions.