Yuber and his weapons in Suikoden III?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Kidd The Investigator

Post by Kidd The Investigator »

Is it possible that the Eightfold Rune allows him to transform his weapon, or it might be that his sword is the Eightfold rune and it has the ability to trasform into different forms.
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

maybe just between the times he summond from where ever he is summond from he changes outfits and weapons in order to suit the best needs of whoever summons him next. Windy needed him to just kill people. Leon needed him as a powerhouse mercenary who runs at the last fight (Jowy and Leon were trying to make it easier for Riou I suppose) and Luc needed him to remain more low key ( I suppose Luc didn't really want him fighting in major battles if he could avid it).
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

Hey guys do remember how yuber takes out his sword in suikoden 3? It comes from his sleeve out of nowhere I dont thingk he can hide a sword inside a longsleeve. I thingk it's somewhat part of yuber.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Jaques pulls his gigantic crossbow out of thin air many a time, so really, it's safe to say that it may just be from hammerspace until the real reason is revealed.
Seifer

Post by Seifer »

I disagree with most of you, Its more than likely that yuber was given the new look to keep his identity hidden from experienced suikoden players, If he had been wearing that legendary black armor then you would have known instantly.
jbd86es

Re: Yuber and his weapons in Suikoden III?

Post by jbd86es »

I have not finished playing Suikoden 2 yet (I just got it for the first time a week ago), but I have played Suikoden 1 & 3; my point is correct me if I am wrong.
In Suikoden 1, you don't actually fight Yuber one-on-one. His army is banished and he flees.
I have heard you actually fight him in Suikoden 2 and you beat him.
So, maybe he changes his weapons and armor choices by Suikoden 3 because he wasn't very effective in them as he used to be hundreds of years before. I like the twin swords idea; it would take a pro. to wield them (you have to be strong, very coordinated, and quick - skills beyond that of an average fighter). Furthermore, as fast as he is, he does not need thick armor (it did look cool, but I like his new look als); Yuber could be surrounded by 6 people (a few of them True-Rune Bearers) and dodge a sword attack, then parry arrows. That's pretty bad-ass.
I originally played Suikoden 3 first and I have to agree with some of you that you fight Yuber too much and that you can win every fight except Hugo's duel with him, and that it undermines some of the sense of power you get from Yuber. However, if there was one person from the Suikoden series that I most afraid to fight with is Yuber (Luca Blight is a close second).
The reason I think Yuber and Pesmerga's weapons have the same names is to illustrate the similarities between them (mysterious Black Knights that kick ass).
highwind44029

Re: Yuber and his weapons in Suikoden III?

Post by highwind44029 »

You don't actually get to fight him during Suikoden II. If I recall correctly, he just summons a bone dragon in Greenhill and flees after you defeat it. You don't see his sprite when you fight him in large-scale battles either, so we really did not get to see his weapon during the first two games.

It's weird because there's no consistency in the image of his weapons during the three games. In Suikoden I, he wields a large blade. In Suikoden II, he wields a thin rapier-like blade, and in Suikoden III, he wields two swords. =\