Viki & The Ghost Ship [Possible Spoilers?]

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Nihilist

Viki & The Ghost Ship [Possible Spoilers?]

Post by Nihilist »

I got a comment in the comment box from Viki where she apparently stated that she believes she has seen the ghost ship somewhere before. Would this possibly allude to a future game in which she has already been? Or an event we've yet to learn about. Just something to ponder.
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

First of all this should be in the Suikoden IV forums.

May contain spoilers for those who have not finished the game yet.

I'm pretty sure we don't know that much about Viki. In the bath scenes she remembered being in the baths with Jeane before, this may also be a "memory" of a future Suikoden game. Now, we can only speculate... But the fog captain did say he'd be back! :twisted:

Just a note, but it's kind of going off topic, at the end of the game it says Viki sneezed and blinked away during the victory banquet, maybe this is when she ended up in the Matilda-Greenhill Border with silverware in her hands???
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...
Kaka_Koshi

Post by Kaka_Koshi »

Just a note, but it's kind of going off topic, at the end of the game it says Viki sneezed and blinked away during the victory banquet, maybe this is when she ended up in the Matilda-Greenhill Border with silverware in her hands???
This can't be right. If you do Richmond's investigation on Viki he says, "She was celebrating the birth of the Toran Republic. But that was 3 years ago."

Waffu~
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Slightly off topic, but it does concern Viki.

I think she's growing more mature as the games go by. In 4, she was cute when you first recruited her, but she doesn't make teleporting errors and her Blinking Rune also doesn't fail much. Also, her speech is a bit different. She just sounds more mature. Maybe it's all the wars she's been through, I dunno. Just wanted to point that out. :P

As for the ghost ship, perhaps Viki is from the future, or the distant past, and has seen it there before in games that they haven't made yet. ^^
Purr.
Kaka_Koshi

Post by Kaka_Koshi »

I've noticed that too >.>
She is less childish, and are speech has changed alot. Also the her character portrait has been changed to a more serious face.

1. Its cause she is getting older etc etc, more wars etc etc...
(Although i think she is still 16, i think, so her age hasnt changed... she still is in the Pretty Girl attack or whatever >.>)

2. Or.... cause Suikoden IV is set 150 years before, her mind hasnt been as jumbled or screwed up..... if that is even true... how Blinking through time kills brain cells.... lol

Can't really say much about her cause there is only a bit of info on her... but she will always have a spot in my party... >.>

Down with Jeane!.... *runs away* >.> lol
Viper

Post by Viper »

[quote="koolcblue"]First of all this should be in the Suikoden IV forums.

In the bath scenes she remembered being in the baths with Jeane before, this may also be a "memory" of a future Suikoden game. quote]

well i dun tink its a memory of a future suikoden game but rather a previous suikoden game hehe. viki probably have bathed with jeanne before in the past 3 suikoden games. i would await them bathing together in future like an old pervert i am wahah.
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

Well the past Suikoden's are in the future looking ahead from Suikoden IV. I don't think I said that right before but by future Suikoden's I think I meant the previous Suikoden's... ... That's kind of... confusing???
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...
Makumaku

Post by Makumaku »

Well, since time doesn't pass on the Ghost Ship, maybe that's where Viki got her powers from or something really random, stupid, and factless like that.
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

maybe it's the ship from Suikoden 3.
MrKonogo

Post by MrKonogo »

What ship from Suikoden 3??
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The one stuck into Budehuc--which can not be true because they look completely dissimilar.
MrKonogo

Post by MrKonogo »

Oh. Yeah, right. It cant be the same.
deathmf

Post by deathmf »

Viper wrote:
koolcblue wrote:First of all this should be in the Suikoden IV forums.

In the bath scenes she remembered being in the baths with Jeane before, this may also be a "memory" of a future Suikoden game. quote]

well i dun tink its a memory of a future suikoden game but rather a previous suikoden game hehe. viki probably have bathed with jeanne before in the past 3 suikoden games. i would await them bathing together in future like an old pervert i am wahah.
What they said in the baths:
Viki: Ooh... This feels so good...
Jeane: I know...
Viki: I... I feel as though... I've seen this all before...
Jeane: Oh? What do you mean?
Viki: I remember something... We were taking a bath together like this...
Viki: Wait...
Jeane: What's the matter?
Viki: Well... um... it... must have been some crazy dream I had... Huh?
Jeane: ...
Jeane: Come on, let's get out now. We'll get tipsy if we linger too long in the bath.

It sounds like the bath Viki was talking about was in the future, so that could be in one of the previous games... then again it might be in a later game set in the future.