The strongest mage to ever usable in suikoden games.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

27x4=108 wrote:i doubt it, they never fought, and maybe zerase knows more things about leknaat and the true runes, but sarah can read all sindar inscriptions, and have his culture, that is huge

and about powers, zerase cant fight with a unike rune ( non true rune ), and sarah makes a better fight vs 1 or more in 3

and as powerfull mage i understand someone with huge powers and control about runes, that is:

no true rune / human: crowley, mazus, sarah, warlock
no true rune /non-human: jeane, zerase
true rune / human: tir, riou, jowy, leknaat?, windy?, sasarai, luc, lazlo, etc
true rune / non-human: sierra, neclord, yuber
In reality, Sierra could pwn every last one of those characters if none of them had the Night rune. That is the power of the Blue Moon Rune.

We need some sort of criteria if we are going to do this right. There are those who are talented at wielding runes while they are those who have true runes. We should not count true rune users as they are too powerful not matter who wields them .
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

mm ok then ure saing is better like this:

no true rune / human / medium skill: mazus, warlock
no true rune /non-human/ medium skill: zerase
no true rune / human / high skill: crowley, sarah
no true rune /non-human / high skill: jeane

true rune / human / medium skill: tir, riou, jowy, lazlo
true rune / non-human / medium skill: neclord, yuber
true rune / human / high skill: luc, sasarai, leknaat?, windy?
true rune / non-human / high skill: sierra

thats my opinion of course, but sounds good to me like this
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

From personal experience, not saying my choice is the correct one. But I always thought Zerase Suikoden V, and Warlock IV were among the most powerful ones. Not to discredit Crowly or Mazus, they were extremly effective as well. Though physical attacks, don't mean much here, but Zerase could hit pretty hard with her needle weapon. Kelley(correct spelling?) wasn't all that bad either, but he can't stacked up to those powerhouses. I believe Ted would've made an awesome mage, even without his true rune.
Gamer1826

Post by Gamer1826 »

What about Rina? I mean, the uncanny ability to hold interesting "adult conversations," is true magic! Well, I suppose it wouldn't have as much of a effect if it was some random woman whom you have no feelings for, but...

Uh. Anyhow.

On a more serious note: Jowy, Tir and Riou? Are me going by the character's assumed magical powers or actual stats? If the latter's the case, I think we need to either toss them out of the formula or add numerous others in.
EternalOnslaught

Well, here's my top 10 list. I'm sure this list is very dedatable

1. Crowly
2. Mazus
3. Zerase
4. Viki
5. Eresh(tied)
5. Estella(correct spelling?)
6. Warlock
7. Luc
8. Sasarai
9. Sarah
10. Simeon

I guess it's more like a top 11 :?
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Jeane isn't on your list! That is highest form of blasphemy! just kidding!

Has any mentioned Katarina? She is pretty good as mage in game and she could have gotten her rank if she was weak in the story as well.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
EternalOnslaught

=(! I forgot to put Jeane up there, oh well. As for Katarina she was a good mage, but not the best.. I know Simeon from Suikoden Tactics/Rhapsodia wasn't mentioned much or was he? I thought he was powerful as well. Or maybe Pablo? or...Viki(child version)
God of War

Re: The strongest mage to ever usable in suikoden games.

Post by God of War »

True runes aside =
1. Crowley hands down (I wish we get to play him again in the future)
2. Mazus
3. Jeane
Zerase and Viki is not bad either but Jeane's damage output just far outweighs them in my playthrough.

With true runes =
1. Tir. I'd go for This guy any day. That soul eater is just sick. Even Leknaat tells Tir not to use it no matter what. The price for this power however is eternal loneliness. Maybe this rune would be better off with guys like Crowley who live a life of solitude anyway... lol... imagine Crowley with the soul eater. It's just plain wrong. :p

2. Lazlo? Well, if we assume that he is still holding on to the rune of punishment until the most recent Suikoden's timeline. I would say that a hundred years is a pretty long time to be able to master a rune... and a true rune at that.
golden general

Post by golden general »

i agree that the soul eater is an awesome rune, the spell judgement owns too much and i love to use it in suikoden 2. the graphics are good as well.
big runescape player
EternalOnslaught

I took a quick glance at the tablet of stars, and notice the Chizen Star aka The Silent Star. And it clearly says strongest mage underneath the ones who are influced by this star.

Crowley, Mazus, Sarah, Warlock, Levi.

Despite in-game stats or any mathmatical equation BS, I can't go wrong with those five as being the strongest mage, sadly Suikoden tactics had a lot of potiential god-smashing mages as well, so I'll leave the top five spots to those five and have them fight it out.

Also each one comes from a different game, I believe the creator might've wanted to depict the strongest mage out of each game.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

mages with Extra Move are god-like in Suikoden Tactics.. Corselia, Maxine, Andarc, Simeon, Roget, and Mercenary Leader. Lazlo IS the god of Suikoden Tactics with his crazy stats + uberized Rune of Punishment.

In Suikoden II, I find Luc far stronger than Mazus, considering her has higher MAG growth than Mazus and his SPD is phenomenal. Unite spells are not affected by the caster's affinities, so Luc can cast Blazing Camp/Thor just as well as Mazus, but he can do it faster and can work with the more powerful Mother Earth Rune for lvl 3 spells. If casting a unite spell with others, Luc will generally be casting the spell while Mazus while will generally make the partner cast it, so it benefits you more to give Luc boosts such as Hyper and +Mag boosts.

Viki is very good in Suikoden V with her Chain Magic, capable of dealing more damage than any other mage in the game with the high chance of doubling the spell.
Benthos

Re:

Post by Benthos »

jowy_jillia wrote:Of Course It's Zerase that is the strongest
Yeah, that's right. But I also can't discard Levi, Mazus, Eresh and Crowley. Certainly Zerase is the "bestest"!!
EternalOnslaught

I think it's Warlock, wasn't he also the one responsible for the production of Rune cannon shells?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes, but Crowley has done major research on runes, discovered magic unites, and seems to have revived himself (Mazus seems to have revived himself as well).

.. actually Warlock seems to have written the Old Book in Suikoden IV talking about magic unites.

so i dunno.
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

KFCrispy wrote:yes, but Crowley has done major research on runes, discovered magic unites, and seems to have revived himself (Mazus seems to have revived himself as well).

.. actually Warlock seems to have written the Old Book in Suikoden IV talking about magic unites.

so i dunno.
Yeah, the magic unite is fast becoming the next Elevator conspiracy. Who did invent it first? :?: I still say Crowley as he just seemed more legit imo and his accomplishment did get written in an Old Book.

I'm still holding firm to my opinion that Crowley is the best. The biggest drawback in comparing him to everyone else in the series after the first game is he only had one rune slot. Giving him three runes and the ability to unite rune attack, he'd be busting serious bad guy butt.

and has been specified, Crowley only used a fraction of his power during the Gate Rune War and was still the strongest mage...that's scary how much power he has. I don't see any mage even coming close.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."