The strongest mage to ever usable in suikoden games.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Rody

Post by Rody »

Yeah, but Andarc is one of the few who can take real runes, not those wimpy sword things, so to me (and my siblings) that classifies him as a mage. And he uses a Blade Rod, just because it has a blade on it doesn't make him any less of a mage.

But I understand Feldoon's point, too.

Roget's awesome! But I don't like Jeane and never have. (I never use her) Like Feldoon said, you can make pretty much anyone a mage, so I have never had any use for Jeane. But I rather like Maxine...
How did I end up as Pang Tong?!

Don't drink and park - accidents cause people.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Rody wrote:But I rather like Maxine...
Now Maxine is a sexy woman. Far more so than Jeane. She's full of sass. I used her all the time. I love the red outfit. However, I can't say she's the most powerful mage in Suikoverse, she's just "cool". She doesn't have nearly enough character development but oh well, that's the way Suiko IV characters work. It's a pity you get her quite late in Suiko IV.
Rody

Post by Rody »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Rody wrote:But I rather like Maxine...
Now Maxine is a sexy woman. Far more so than Jeane. She's full of sass. I used her all the time. I love the red outfit. However, I can't say she's the most powerful mage in Suikoverse, she's just "cool". She doesn't have nearly enough character development but oh well, that's the way Suiko IV characters work. It's a pity you get her quite late in Suiko IV.
I agree. I thought Maxine was very sexy as well. And it IS such a shame the poor woman didn't get much character development... She looks so interesting... I hope the Suikoden world works on that a little more... They need to make the more interesting characters have interesting plot development and such.
How did I end up as Pang Tong?!

Don't drink and park - accidents cause people.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Objection! I think the best mage is CrowleY and Luc! But I don't know between them who is better
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Nemesis wrote:Objection! I think the best mage is CrowleY and Luc! But I don't know between them who is better
Would you care to say why that is? When in court it is customary to give the basis behind your objection.
riou83

Post by riou83 »

for the most powerful mage I have no true answer they all have their strong points and weak points. Though Id have to go with Luc and Levi as of now. they both seem to be the most capable of using higher level spells with alot of force behind them.
MaximillianKnight

Post by MaximillianKnight »

Pardon my ignorance, but has it ever been stated how strong of a mage Leknaat is? I know that part of her character bio says that she was powerless to stop Luc in S3, but perhaps it wasn't due to magical power? I mean, she seems quite influental to not be one of the strongest mages out there. True, it could all stem from her half of the gate rune, but it just doesn't seem like that, at least not to me.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

MaximillianKnight wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but has it ever been stated how strong of a mage Leknaat is? I know that part of her character bio says that she was powerless to stop Luc in S3, but perhaps it wasn't due to magical power? I mean, she seems quite influental to not be one of the strongest mages out there. True, it could all stem from her half of the gate rune, but it just doesn't seem like that, at least not to me.
she couldn't stop Luc bewcause he had a True Rune while she only possesed half a true rune

and yes she probably is 1 of the strongest mages out there
"Deathblow" G

Post by "Deathblow" G »

Well Crowelys and Magus duel complety changed a landscape did it not? Then they later came back to life on there own will. Well the only other instance that I can recall that anyone else coming close to being able to alter a landscape is Luc, and that was via a True Rune and some help (Its been a long time since I played S3.) I know of no one that is able to reincante themselves other than Crowely and Magus. So I say there up there, Crowely on top.
jedano

Post by jedano »

jowy blight wrote:i think luc is the best he is powerful and he can deafet crowley if he fight him
Luc have a true rune while Crowley dosen't have.... Crowley is far more powerful.... I'm also considering Leknaat and Windy...
markzell

Post by markzell »

Humm... Maybe all the magicians are so strong but..
The only mage I adore is Flik..
Asking Y? Beacause Flik is used to known as the Blue Lighning.. Any He's also a magical swordsman.. I bet for him.. He's stats is very one of the greatest character ever.. If you his stats it's amazing cause he can be a magician or a warrior at the same time... I bet for him...
(Flik):
Farewell...
tera_majin

Post by tera_majin »

as stated before somewhere in this topic, sarah is potentially the best magician in suikoden series (see my avatar ^_^).. she can understand sindar language naturally.. and her illusion skill is even greater than luc's or leknaat's (i think).. i also surprised that she can use pale gate rune, despite of the fact that she doesn't bear pale gate rune.. and i am not wrong, sarah also can cast heavenly drop (level 4 true water rune) without the true water rune itself.. considering all of those abilities in her age, isn't it obvious that she is the best magician?
jowy_jillia

Post by jowy_jillia »

Of Course It's Zerase that is the strongest
Iku

Post by Iku »

way to back up your argument jillia :o i personally like viki the best and her chain magic in 5 was wonderful hehehe( posh word, is that a spoiler?) but skill wise its probably young crowley, for obvious reasons, but what about lottie, she liked cats! and wasnt half bad with an earth rune :oops:
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

i doubt it, they never fought, and maybe zerase knows more things about leknaat and the true runes, but sarah can read all sindar inscriptions, and have his culture, that is huge

and about powers, zerase cant fight with a unike rune ( non true rune ), and sarah makes a better fight vs 1 or more in 3

and as powerfull mage i understand someone with huge powers and control about runes, that is:

no true rune / human: crowley, mazus, sarah, warlock
no true rune /non-human: jeane, zerase
true rune / human: tir, riou, jowy, leknaat?, windy?, sasarai, luc, lazlo, etc
true rune / non-human: sierra, neclord, yuber
Sorry for my very bad english! :S