The strongest mage to ever usable in suikoden games.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Since when was Yuber, Barbarossa or Joshua exactly mages? Besides, Plot Wise Crowley was the most powerful mage available. His power, in comparison to perhaps Windy or Leeknat isn't exactly guagable.

Concerning Suikoden IV, you havea point concerning Ted. His Soul Eater gives him an undisputed advantage
I hope everything is going delicious.
Truewindrune

Post by Truewindrune »

mentioning Ted's soul eater.....,there is someone after end of war journey together with ted,right? i forgot his name but,that man was died by 'mysterious accident' when they are journeys together. Maybe soul eater sucked his life away by it's curse?

I thought soul eater stop sucking people's life after it's spell is finished,or maybe i'm wrong?

Correct me if i'm wrong
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Truewindrune wrote:mentioning Ted's soul eater.....,there is someone after end of war journey together with ted,right? i forgot his name but,that man was died by 'mysterious accident' when they are journeys together. Maybe soul eater sucked his life away by it's curse?

I thought soul eater stop sucking people's life after it's spell is finished,or maybe i'm wrong?

Correct me if i'm wrong
That was Aldo and no the SoulEater keeps 'eating' souls if its hungry.It might be that its hunger can be stoped if it has eaten alot of souls.
Truewindrune

Post by Truewindrune »

An interesting rune...a rune that eats soul to make it stronger. It just keep eating,eating and eating, no matter how the bearer feels....and who is the victim.

It's quite differrent from RoP,though.
miggypig

Post by miggypig »

Let's see um maybe Leknaat is the best because she is the appointed guardian of the True Runes right? And about that Soul Eater, does it appy to the Darkness Rune? Cos Sierra or someone used this jolly tech to absorb hp. Nice rune eh?
Truewindrune

Post by Truewindrune »

miggypig wrote:Let's see um maybe Leknaat is the best because she is the appointed guardian of the True Runes right? And about that Soul Eater, does it appy to the Darkness Rune? Cos Sierra or someone used this jolly tech to absorb hp. Nice rune eh?

Leknaat? i think no, cuz' Leknaat is fail to stop luc's rebellion, when the beginning of luc chapter, luc is 'arguing' with Leknaat right?
That is when leknaat is cast a spell to luc but it was easily defeated by luc, then luc says: "Nothing's gonna stop me, even with your Gate rune."
.....i think it's something like that.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Leeknat probably has more magic in her left pinkie than Luc has in his entire body. The fact of the matter is, she only has half of a True rune while Luc has an entire True Rune, so it would be possible for him to block the power of her Gate Rune with the power of his True Wind Rune.

Another instance of this would be when Neclord used Sierra's Blue Moon Rune against Riou and even though the Bright Shield Rune protected him, he was still hurt by Neclord's spell.

Half True Runes simply can't stand up to the power of whole True Runes.
I hope everything is going delicious.
jonathan_priest

Actaully

Post by jonathan_priest »

As far as I know, Leknaat is not the appointed Guardian of Balance, its more a role she took upon herself, it was never given to her. Other than that, I don't think its fair to judge TR holders to non-TR holders. I mean, arguably, if you give Crowley a TR, that's some serious power.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Truewindrune

Post by Truewindrune »

maybe,but wait a minute, after the death of windy the half of Gate rune (open/enterance) was returned to leknaat right? then that means Leknaat have the entire Gate rune. That should be enough to prove that luc is powerful than leknaat,also luc is magician but riou is not He's just a kid 8) and not a magician. Riou isn't good with magic, instead he's a fighter cuz' he's strong.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Riou's fainting could've just been one of those "separation pains."

Originally, Konami said that Barbarossa and Windy died from their fall, and then later went back and said they were MIA. This was probably done so that Leknaat couldn't have the full Gate Rune in the 3rd game, thereby stopping Luc's plot from the beginning.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Roronoa_Z

Post by Roronoa_Z »

For me it's Crowley. He was the best magician in Suikoden world. Mazus set Crowley as it's target and also Estella said something like she know Crowley. In S1,S2,and S3 Crowley always named by great Magician. So it's Crowley although he doesn't has any true rune.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Didn't someone mention love potions made by Mazus?Well I remember that Aleister Crowley(the man that Crowley was based on) was a ...ahem..Let me put it this way, a sex magiciean.Personally I beleive in those parapsychological stuff btw.

It could be that Crowley(back to Suikoden reality) can make love potions and MAzus learned that ability(A type of Alchemy right?).

Just saying...
zqrahll

Most Powerful Mage IN GAME

Post by zqrahll »

A lot of this topic has been about theorteical stuff while the original question was about usage in game. Leknaat, Windy, etc. are not ever used & therefore do not count.

In my opinion, the most powerful mage has been Geddoe because he bears the True Lightning Rune, the best/most powerful rune in the suikoden world, in my opinion. The only other rune with as much power is the Soul Eater, which has an obvious & potent drawback. Nothing tops the Thunder spells. Plus, you actually get to use the power of the TLR a lot sooner than most true runes-- Geddoe can whip out the most powerful spell before the game is even half over.

As far as story/theory/etc. even then, Luc, despite being set up as the god of mages throughout the series, is only able to defeat Geddoe by using the combined power of his own rune & the TER he had already stolen.

I do agree that story-wise the most powerful are probably people like Crowley, Luc, Leknaat, & Warlock. I am just talking about playing the games here.
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

If you took all of the characters in the known Suiko world and gave them the most powerful of magicks, who would wield it with the most skill and least amount of effort? I choose Crowley.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Doesn't Crowley have the potential to get 9/9/9/9 for his spells as well? I don't think anyone else does, not Geddoe, that's for sure.

Although the point is well taken about getting the character earlier in the game as Crowley cannot be recruited until your castle already has most of its members.