The strongest mage to ever usable in suikoden games.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

You're referring to IV right?
Ack...yes, sorry, my mistake, by the way, I read that info, not much spoilers. They seem pretty equal to me :? After I finish Suikoden IV I'll tell you who I think is better.
The Nailing

Post by The Nailing »

Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

What the h3ll was that -the nailing-?
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
sergio123

Post by sergio123 »

i'm going to say yuber. And i don't think the eight-fold rune should be counted as a true rune in this case, because eventhough yuber possesses it, i don't think he ever uses, and hes a great magic user, plotwise and statwise
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Ha.

As far as we know, Crowley is the most powerful magician in Suikoden history. He was using a small fraction of his power during the Gate Rune wars and he easily outmatched anyone in the liberation army.

I'm sure someone will say something about a TRB but you have to take into consideration that Crowley is aiming for TR power without the use of a TR. If he did decide to bear a TR within or on his body he would easily become one of the most powerful forces in Suikoden.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Gameplay wise I would say S1:Crowley
S2: Mazus
S3:Sarah
S4:Ted or JEane
HellFire

Post by HellFire »

I would have to go with Jeane. Although she may not be the most powerful in stats, I was able to boost her up to a pretty competitive level. I also love her as a character as well. Her mystery had me hooked from the start.
jonathan_priest

IMO

Post by jonathan_priest »

Crowley, I really don't think there's any competition. In fact, and I haven't checked the time line in a while so I could be off or this could be yet another glaring plot hole of Suiko 4, but in S I it said Crowley developed the means in which to unite two elemental runes together. That power is given to you in the fourth game as well, so either Crowley was alive back then, or Konami screwed up the plot line once more. But any guy who has 100 runes on his body tells you how completely powerful he is. And considering during their duel, he and Mazus made the Badlands, w/o TRs it tells you how incredibly powerful those two are, and as Mazus is trying to beat Crowley, that means Crowley is still better.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

That would be Aleister Crowley.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

Wraith wrote:Gameplay wise I would say S1:Crowley
hey warlock is more powerful than jeane, right?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

syun_ukiya wrote:
Wraith wrote:Gameplay wise I would say S1:Crowley
hey warlock is more powerful than jeane, right?
I find Ted ALOT more usefull because of his 4th lvl Souleater rune and if you equipe him with a Mother Earth and a Wizard he's unstopable.Remember that Ted also has some other stats better than Warlock(str for example) and because of that I find him better than him.
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

i am referring to the mag stat. and i think warlock has the highest in s4.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

I don't remember but yes, Warlock (or Konrad) has the highest mag. stat. But we are referring to the spells Ted can use and the affinity with the Wizard rune, which could or would make him unstoppable due to his Soul Eater spells and equipping him with a Mother Earth rune just suits me better than to put Tal one with it!
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Truewindrune

Post by Truewindrune »

hmm.....i agree but soul eater spell in s4 is differrent from Mc.Dohl(s1),in s4 it's more like 'Draining magic' but in s1 it's like 'Death magic'.i prefer Mc.Dohl's soul eater. Oh yeah, in s4 the best magician is warlock. His MAG stat is exellent,and he do well in naval battle.

But then again,if u ask me who is the best magician in suikoden, i chose Sarah :) ,with powerful chant speed and power.
Adriyel

Greatest Mages of them all

Post by Adriyel »

Suikoden I:
Stat wise: 9/9/9/9 MP plus the highest MGC stat, can't beat that, right?
Plot wise: It is speculated, but Suikoden has a lot of powerful mages: Windy, Yuber, Barbarossa, Leknaat and Joshua (united, hahahahaha!), Tir (he is not a mage, but somehow has great magical skills) pick your favorite (look at my pic)

Suikoden II:
Stat wise: Mazus (greatest), Luc (Put a Blue Gate, a Cyclone rune and equip him with the best magic equipment, you'll see what I mean).
Plot wise: You could argue for my man, or thing, Yuber, Mazus, Luc, etc.

Suikoden III:
Stat wise: Luc, Sasarai (though his True Earth Rune doesn't serve at all during the WindRincar battle), Yuber and my favorite mage (other than Yuber) Sarah. Estella is the greatest fire rune user. She has a S for Fire Rune Skill, though she's a liar, that doesn't add or substract to her skills.
Plot wise: Luc, Sarah and Yuber (that Eight Devil Rune, love it)

Suikoden IV:
Stat Wise: Ted, Warlock, Maxine and Jeane (according to the guide and proved by moi <me> in the game) they all have 227 (without equipment) as a MGC stat maximum, but Ted has an overall undisputed advantage.
Plot Wise: Not much seen, the only magic summoning and display of outside battle magic is by Graham "Neclordlike" Cray, but I suppose Warlock, who created the Rune Cannons is the greatest mage of all available in the game (plot wise).