The strongest mage to ever usable in suikoden games.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Crowley is straight up the most powerful (hence my name) and he was only defeated once, against Mazus, but that was mixed with his power. After he died, he was [b][i][u]freakin' reincarnated!!!!!!!!!!!!! no true runes needed!!!!!!!!!!!! plus, i read in an old book in suiko 1 or 2 that crowley had fused about 100 runes to his body!!!!!!! beat that, luc!!!!!!!!!
Clangeddin

Post by Clangeddin »

The strongest pure magician are Mazus and Sasarai.

One is the ultimate attack, (Pale Gate, Thunder and Rage), the other is the ultimate support (True Earth and Flowing).

Luc is stronger, of course, but u used him for too few time to consider him "useful".

Edit: Sorry I tought you were talking about gameplay issues. The strongest mages storywise are Crowley and Mazus, Estella is a liar, you cant believe her when she says she defeated Crowley...
Dont make the Big Show angry! XD
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

Crowley's fight was a draw. Also in part one he says he was over 100 runes in his body when you use him a a major battle.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I've been thinking about this. Just because someone has a true rune, that doesn't mean that that makes them a more powerful magician. Luc and Sasarai would already be powerful magicians without their true runes. Evidence for this comes from the fact that Chris only gets upto level 3 with her True Water rune.

Although Crowley is pretty amazing, I think Ted may have been more powerful, and therefore, Windy may also have been.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I doubt Ted could've been stronger than Crowley. Sure, he may have 300 years under his belt, but he hasn't exactly been researching runes as extensive as Crowley had.
JanusThePaladin

Research does not nececarily (bad spelling I know) mean strength. I just don't like the idea that because you have a True Rune, you can't be a powerful Mage. What about Windy or Leknaat, I would expect them to be very powerful to elude Harmonia for what, centuries?
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Crowley get my vote. One of the Old Books in Suikoden 1 stated he is achieving true runes power without using a real true rune. Plus I dunno how, but he has 100 runes in his body.

My ranking would be :
Crowley
Luc
Sarah
Windy

Windy is powerful all right, but she still proves herself to be weak in the game. She has failed a few time to extract the Soul Eater from Ted and McDohl. I mean if she's really that powerful, why would she take so freaking long (150 years) to hunt down Ted?

Luc is second because...erm, just play Suikoden 3. There is no Ted is my ranking at all. I can say he is one of the worst Soul Eater bearer. He has not master it thoroughly and is always on the run from Windy and enemies alike.

I mean, come on, you are using the rune of Life and Death. Just suck the life out of Windy, Neclord or Yuber. Therefore, he is not a proficient magic user.
JanusThePaladin

Do you think Crowley could extract a True Rune from someone?
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Hmph. Estella's the best. She said she defeated the great magician, Crowley. So she must be the most powerful, no?
Viper

Post by Viper »

putting aside the true runes, i think the best would be crowley and mazus since they end up in a draw. candidates for second place shld be sarah, luc, windy, hikusak. regarding estella lolz. if i said i striked mike tyson down with one blow in his perfect condition, who believes me?
Viper

Post by Viper »

oh yea i forgot to mention leknatt. hmm she don't seem too powerful but if she could ward off windy for so long on magician's island i think she must be something. another thing, i think true runes are really extremely powerful. leknatt should have a higher magic proficiency in magic and bond to the true rune than luc. however she lost due to having half a true rune. that must mean half a true rune's really something. but that also show's luc's talent in magic.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Yeah, Estella's just some random magician who says that she beat Crowley, but has she been reincarnated??? I don't think so. :x
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Menelquar

Post by Menelquar »

Crowley is without a doubt the most powerful. I suspect that he won the magic duel with Mazus. But he killed himself in the process. As for Ted its not like he can just take on three people who have true runes on his own even with 300 years of experience. Luc is a powerful mage but everything that Crowley has ever done has been without a true rune and he can easily compare with all of these true rune bearers. I must say its scary to think about what he could to with a true rune. Since he has so much raw talent. Mazus is IMO second only to Crowley like I said before everything that he has ever done has been without a true rune. Don't get me wrong in thinking that Crowley is just a little more powerful than Mazus because I expect is way ahead for the strongest mage to be in a Suikoden.

-Menelquar
"Failure is the key to success; Each mistake teaches us something." -Morihei Ueshiba, Founder of Aikido
Non Serviam

Post by Non Serviam »

i would have liked to have seen that magic battle between crowley and mazus.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Yeah, they should make an off game showing Crowley's accomplishments, his death, his reincarnation, etc... and him be the main character so you could walk around with him. :twisted:
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin