The strongest mage to ever usable in suikoden games.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Runemaster

Re: The strongest mage to ever usable in suikoden games.

Post by Runemaster »

KFCrispy wrote:Cleo is an ordinary human who has never accomplished any magical feats and doesn't even have a mage-level magic stat, so why would she even be considered??
I agree. Yeah, her Magic is above average but not as high as a REAL mage.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Iku

Post by Iku »

IS the question, who is the strongest mage, story-wise that is controllable or who is the strognest mage gameplay-wise. Because if its the latter cleo could be conrender, probably wouldnt win but and really is a contender for that, but it would probably be easiest to have a look at who has the highest magic stat, with the best affinities (with the best runes) compared to everyone in their game. This might mean that crowley might not win as if i remember rightly his damage output/ magic stat wasnt that much higher then luc's or tengaar's. this would probably make certain people a bit not happy with it but, story does not always follow the game. Hellion was meant to be a great magician but her magic stat was just okay and some characters, like tengaar, who story-wise werent realy magicians would beat her. So maybe we should have two lists one of the best story-wise from each game and then like a star next to the best over all. then one best gameplay-wise. it'd be interesting to see who differently the ingame stats differ from the story
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I would say each game has a mage who excells over all the rest.

Suikoden 1: Cleo for sure, because she isn't just good at magic but has good stats all around.
And I think a mage is useless when they have such low Hp/Defense you can't even keep them
alive, and Cleo helps in regular battles to, since her weapon is awesome.

Suikoden 2: Luc would be number 1 for me

Suikoden 3: Hard to say, Geddoe is good in the all around sense...I would say Luc again or Sarah.

Suikoden 4: Ted, the Soul Eater is just that good.

Suikoden Tactics: Jeane, I mean not only does her magic rock all but her weapon can kill
things in one hit sometimes.

Suikoden 5: Zerase is a great mage in terms of Magic and I don't play this game much so
I would say her.

This is all IMO, to me these are the best mages.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Jeane is definitely not one of the best in ST. Jeane suffers her low Jump. Maxine and Roget are always in my party. Roget is just my favorite.lol.

And if you want a mage who can kill a foe with attacks? Andarc,hands down. Though he's quite annoying in the game, all nerdy.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

And if you want a mage who can kill a foe with attacks? Andarc,hands down. Though he's quite annoying in the game, all nerdy.
Yeah but Andarc is all nerdy....
Maxine and Roget
I kind of...(guilty look) may have missed Roget. As for Maxine I actually didn't think she was that good, but if you say she is I'll give her a try next time I go through.
-Chaco
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Aside from being a powerful magician, Maxine can be recruited early in the game.
Rita is not a mage but she is also useful in SIV and STac. High strength, good magic, reaaallly lucky.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Rita is not a mage but she is also useful in SIV and STac. High strength, good magic, reaaallly lucky.
Rita casn also use the "Heavy Armor" skill can't see? She is VERY annoying to recruite but it's worth while in the end. Rita almost never leaves my party.
-Chaco
Castilho

Post by Castilho »

Hum...I think story wise there's no way to say Crowley isn't the strongest. And Mazus is probably a bit behind him in 2nd place.

Having a true rune or not isn't the point, their magical ability are probably unrivaled. (Unless it's Crowley X Mazus.)
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Hum...I think story wise there's no way to say Crowley isn't the strongest. And Mazus is probably a bit behind him in 2nd place.
What if though he is just boosting endlessly about being so amazing. Where is there proof that he did all of what he says? What if he's a liar? Some guy wrote a book about him, so that makes him the greatest mage?
-Chaco
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

Castilho wrote:Hum...I think story wise there's no way to say Crowley isn't the strongest. And Mazus is probably a bit behind him in 2nd place.

Having a true rune or not isn't the point, their magical ability are probably unrivaled. (Unless it's Crowley X Mazus.)
I gotta agree with you on this one. People like Luc seem really formidable and skilled, but Crowley and Mazus have brought themselves back from the dead. I feel like they're working on a completely different level.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Are you saying most powerful as in did the most damage in the game, or most powerful as in storyline wise? Because Warlock in Suiko4 was technically one of if not the most powerful mage in history...he was able to summon the tree and invent rune cannons.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
WichitaQ

Post by WichitaQ »

storywise (and stat-wise) i'd go with crowley. as long as the usable ones are considered. other than that i'd say leknaat. you can't just go around messing with destinies just like that. although windy's half of the rune is much stronger.

also, mcdohl is a powerhouse. in s2 he's the only character, next to luc, whose MAG goes from 166-255 at lv.99. that's even higher than mazus.
jhonsadins

Post by jhonsadins »

Hi there..
I didnt really pay too much attention to stats, but Crowley was pretty good..
Maryukujin

Post by Maryukujin »

Suikoden1 it's easily Crowley, though I am fairly certain (not 100% sure) that the magic stat and spell loads worked differently in Suikoden1 than in the rest of the series, but I am pretty sure Crowley gets like 4 or 5 4th level spells. And come on he IS a famous wizard?

Suikoden2 - Luc or Mazus, Luc can be leveled up from lower level and thus usually gets higher magic than Mazus (if I am not mistaken) though I personally prefer Mazus.

Suikoden3 - I don't recall who your wizard was in 3 TBH Only one I remember is Sasarai, but it's been a while so I don't recall how good his magic is.

Suikoden4 - Personally, though I'd consider him an Archer and not a Wizard, Ted is FTW simply because he has the Soul Eater. Though Jeane was pretty good too. I think Pablo and Maxine also had really good magic, though I didn't use them.

Suikoden5 - If I remember correctly (only played 5 once) Levi was basically the Crowley/Mazus of the game?
TheAgentZero

Post by TheAgentZero »

I would say

Level 1 : Crowley, Mazus
Level 2 : Luc, Windy, Leknaat, Sasarai, Ted, Mc Dohl, Jowy
Level 3 : Pablo, Maxine, Zerase