The strongest mage to ever usable in suikoden games.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Sazar

Post by Sazar »

Stat wise (in game) Luc was the strongest in magic in S1 and S2, I forget about 3...
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

I thought it was Crowley and Mazus?
Id

Post by Id »

well, the "strongest mage" would have to be Tir, since he had the best spells and also was the fastest and one of the strongest characters in suikoden 1. Other than him, Ted in suikoden 4, because he can hold his own in a fight, and he has the soul eater.

If you ment the most powerful magic user, i think its Luc or Crowley.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Let's not forget that Crowley had a magic stat bonus in Suikoden I, so he may be the best mage.
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

I'd say Crowley is the most powerful mage we've seen so far. As already stated, he was only using a fraction of his magical prowess during the Liberation War.

I mean, gameplay wise, even normally reliable characters can become useless and vice versa if you have bad luck with the levelling up random stats feature. It's not very reliable.
Diego Zanzar

Post by Diego Zanzar »

If your just saying who are the best mages in each game, in suiko I, I'd say Hero1, Luc, and Crowley, suiko 2, Luc, Jowy(though you don't get to use him for long) and Mazus, suiko 3, Estrella (no matter how much I hate that), Luc, Sasarai, and Sarah, and Suiko 4, Warlock, Ted, Maxine, and Jeane. But the 5 most powerful mages of all I would say would be Luc(taught by Leknaat, true wind rune), Crowley(studied the power of the runes and supposably embed 100 runes within himself), Sarah(taught by Leknaat and Luc, has major magical potential without a true rune), Hero1(the soul eater) and Mazus(studied runes and was Crowley's greatest rival).
The skilled, the elite, the Team Terra
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Well, the title of the thread mentioned of a singular mage. So, who is the ultimate of each game?

I know for sure Crowley and Mazus dominates Suikoden 1 and 2.
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

Well, I can say that Crowley is the only character in any Suikoden game that I got to 9/9/9/9 MP so that might say something if you really want to go down the in-game stats line.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

From what I seen Jeane in Suikoden 4 does the most damage!
Kahlai

Post by Kahlai »

Well, I know that Ted is by far the most powerful mage in Suikoden 4. He. Completely. Rocks.

Not sure if, in the grand scheme of things, he's more powerful than Crowley or Mazus, but as for the game... wow.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

I can only speak for Sukoden I, II, and IV.

Gameplay wise: Suikoden I: Crowley. No need to compare, you must be very unlucky to get him lower than Luc.
Suikoden II: Luc can be compared to Mazus but in all my playthroughs Luc was always stronger.
Suikoden IV: Ted, and Jeane, both very good I haven't make a separation yet could be Ted because of the Soul Eater.

Story wise: Now from all the information I could gather and trying not to spoil my self with things considering III, I must say is Crowley, simply because of his achievements without a True Rune. That man with any True Rune could be unstoppable.
And of course since there so many things we don't know about Jeane and Yuber they are possible candidates.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Yea, I'd have to say Crowley. It's quite remarkable and not greedy how he wants to achieve the power of a True Rune without having one.
I haven't yet played my Suikoden II, two questions, is Ted good? And can you really put Jeane in your active party?
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Yes of course Crowley's the best, hands down.... How many times must the loyal followers of Crowley post these comments until you believe!!!!!! aaaaaarrrrrrrghghghghghgh :evil:

*ahahahahhahah*
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

True Wind Bearer wrote:Yea, I'd have to say Crowley. It's quite remarkable and not greedy how he wants to achieve the power of a True Rune without having one.
I haven't yet played my Suikoden II, two questions, is Ted good? And can you really put Jeane in your active party?
You're referring to IV right?
In that case I just loaded up my Suikoden IV save to try and figure out who is the best compared to Ted and Jeane, and I just can't decide.
Note: don't read more if you don't want to be spoiled about IV.
<
<
<
<
Here are their stats:

Ted: LV:54
HP:386
MP:9/6/3/2
STR:90 (LV:12)
ATK:282
DEF:120
PDF:49
SKL:135
MDF:160
MAG:196
SPD:136
EVA:123
LUC:88

Equipment:
Head: Hat of Wisdom
Body: Magic Robe
Hands: Magic Hand
Foot: Magic Sandals
Other: Water Amulet, Thunder Amulet, Guard Ring.

Runes:
Head: Earth Rune
Right: Soul Eater *
Left: Water Rune

Jeane: LV:54
HP:316
MP:9/7/4/2
ATK: 203
DEF:125
STR: 73 (LV:12)
PDF:63
SKL: 153
MDF:181
MAG: 179
SPD: 77
EVA:65
LUC: 126

Equipment:
Head: Magical Hat
Body: Tai Chi Garb
Hands: Cotton Mittens
Foot: Gold Boots
Other: Lucky Ring, Thunder Amulet, Guard Ring.

Runes:
Head:Charm Rune *
Right: Lighting Rune
Left: Water Rune

*Cannot be removed.
Note: Ted's next weapon level goes up only 12 points while Jeane's 30!

Now as you can see the one fills the other weakness but because of the equipment I've given them it alters a bit.
I haven't researched these characters deep and there are many tests yet to do (like Unites) but it seems Ted is in favor so far.

This also answers your questions.

EDIT: I don't know what happened but the letters got stuck with each other and I had to edit the post, and that made it even longer so I apologize in any case I broke any rules.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~