Leknaat

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

EternalOnslaught wrote:And one more thing, doesn't she only own half of the gate rune? Would that still make her ageless? Or is its function different from the bright shield and black sword.
Yes, she only has half of the Gate Rune and yes it still makes her ageless. It's different because they basically took the Rune and broke it in half. Black Sword and Bright Shield are components of the Rune of Beginning. There's a difference.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:
EternalOnslaught wrote:And one more thing, doesn't she only own half of the gate rune? Would that still make her ageless? Or is its function different from the bright shield and black sword.
Yes, she only has half of the Gate Rune and yes it still makes her ageless. It's different because they basically took the Rune and broke it in half. Black Sword and Bright Shield are components of the Rune of Beginning. There's a difference.
That's just a fan theory that has not been confirmed yet, this is one of Suikoden secrets. Better wait and see how konami will explain it.

I personally don't like that, it has too much assumptions.
Who broke the rune? Why? Wouldn't they have larger chances if the rune was given to just one of them?
How is it possible to manipulate a true rune like this? We´ve never seen anything like this with any other rune.
If they are two equal pieces of a broken rune, why the different names (back and front) ? It seems like the RoB.
GrayMercury

Post by GrayMercury »

The front and back is just like a gate...the front gate and the back gate...get it...it's like one of them controls the entrance to the world of the dead and the other controls the exit of it. If I'm assuming right (and it is an assumption, i have no backing) Leknaat has the front which probablly means that she can control (by choice) who lives and who dies....and windy would have the back which means that she chooses who gets into heaven or reincarnated or whatever it is that happens to people in the suiko universe. This is another reason why I honetly believe she'll be a bad guy.
"Master, Violence is Wrong." - - Dongo (SV)
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

Actually, it is not fan theory at all. It is confirmed that both halves of the Gate Rune give agelessness and that they were broken in half. Actually, we even know how it was broken half. Windy and Leknaat did this when they took the Gate Rune when Harmonia invaded their village and committed the legendary massacre of the Gate Rune Clan. They knew it would be easier to keep the Gate Rune out of Harmonia's hands by splitting it and going their own separate ways.

Also, it is canon that the Gate Rune halves both give agelessness to their bearers. The old creator of this forum made an analogy as to how this works in comparison to the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes. The analogy was based on coffee. I won't go into too much detail because the thread should still exist on this site.

And they are given two names because they control two aspects of the gate. The Gate Rune has two abilities like the last poster said, the front gate opens the passage way to the other worlds and the back gate closes it. It's simple if you just think of it as a door between two worlds. A door swings open and a door swings close. Both abilities are equal and consistent.

Now, the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes are supposed to be separated. The Sword and Shield are supposed to be separate and that is why the Rune of Beginning naturally exist in the form of the Black Sword and Bright Shield and not both of them joined as one.

And the Gate Runes have now power over Heaven or reincarnation. If there was any one True Rune with that ability it would be the Rune of Life and Death.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Rezard wrote:
Chris_Lightfellow wrote:
That's just a fan theory that has not been confirmed yet, this is one of Suikoden secrets. Better wait and see how konami will explain it.

I personally don't like that, it has too much assumptions.
Who broke the rune? Why? Wouldn't they have larger chances if the rune was given to just one of them?
How is it possible to manipulate a true rune like this? We´ve never seen anything like this with any other rune.
If they are two equal pieces of a broken rune, why the different names (back and front) ? It seems like the RoB.
I will assume that you are talking about the Gate so no it is not a fan theory. It is stated in Suikoden I and seen in Suikoden I as well. Windy has one piece of the Rune and Leknaat has the other not to mention that Leknaat and Windy had existed hundreds of years before Suikoden I. Being a clan that watched over a particular rune for a unknown number of years, this clan probably existed before the founding of Harmonia, it is not too far fetched to assume that they now more about the rune the average person. The Sindar knew all types of facets about true rune manipulation from bearing two true runes at once to destroying a true rune. Remember that true runes are crystals and are able to be broken with the right ingredients.

Most rune bearers controls who lives or dies since most runes can kill.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
GrayMercury

Post by GrayMercury »

okay...sorry, mistake on my part.....well, it's obvious that windy's half gives her the ability to summon from other worlds, while leknaat's half returns the said summoned being back from where they came.

but who's to say they don't link the place where suiko souls go to the world where they came from? that's what I mean......that it's possible to bring souls back like that....maybe...of course still i'm only speculating and have no real proof of this....

[spoiler]if you get the best ending in 5 the sun rune ressurects Lyon[

....so who says that only the soul eater can control who lives and who dies...(in the essence of the afterlife) and so on...[/spoiler]
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

The Prophet wrote:Actually, it is not fan theory at all. It is confirmed that both halves of the Gate Rune give agelessness and that they were broken in half. Actually, we even know how it was broken half. Windy and Leknaat did this when they took the Gate Rune when Harmonia invaded their village and committed the legendary massacre of the Gate Rune Clan. They knew it would be easier to keep the Gate Rune out of Harmonia's hands by splitting it and going their own separate ways.

Also, it is canon that the Gate Rune halves both give agelessness to their bearers. The old creator of this forum made an analogy as to how this works in comparison to the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes. The analogy was based on coffee. I won't go into too much detail because the thread should still exist on this site.
The halves giving ageless is not fan theory, but someone breaking it with magic is a fan theory, at least that's what I remember. If you tell me it is said in the game that someone broke the rune, please tell me when, because I don't remember such thing.

The rune could have been divided in the same fashion of RoB and some other thing is different.

The theory, which explain why Windy/Leeknaat don't age, was created by the old creator of this forum, just as you said. I know the tread you talk about, I've read it before.

BTW, one of the main arguments were that the halves are absolutely equal, which none of you seem to accept.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

It is unknown as to how the rune was broken, but it is fact that the rune was broken by Windy and Leknaat some 300 years before Suikoden I you can read the time line for yourself.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Was it broken by them?
I'm confused, weren't them just little girls at that time?

Well, if you say it was in the game, I won't doubt you until I replay it.
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

It is stated in a Suikoden novel that the Gate Rune was split in half by Windy and Leknaat, the method of how it was split is a mute point and I don't recall saying that they broke it in half by magic at all, but that is the most obvious method of splitting a True Rune in half.

And we don't know whether or not Leknaat and Windy were kids at the time they split the Gate Rune, but more than likely, they were not based on the fact that they appear to be grown women.

And the Rune of Beginning was not divided, it naturally exist as the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes. A division was not necessary in the first place. And the fact about Leknaat and Windy not aging is not a theory, it is a fact. His explanation may be based on how he perceived the fact, but it is canon as for the reason why they don't age.

And I don't believe I ever said I didn't except the fact that they were equal in power, but the fact is that Windy has the power to open the gate to let monsters into the World and we never see Leknaat executing such an ability with her part of the Gate Rune at all. So, there is good reason to suspect that the halves of the Gate Rune have different abilities. But, also remember that summoning is not an ability solely inherent to the Gate Rune at all. It is very possible that both halves of the Gate Rune have the same abilities.

As for the Sun Rune, I don't recall it bringing Lyon back from the dead, I recall it healing her from a wound that should have killed her, which was more effective than the ability of the Dawn Rune. She was on the verge of death and not actually dead if I recall.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Well, about the eageless thing, we all sopose leknaat and windy are humans cuz they are from the gate rune village, if this is true the halfs give agelessness. But its only a logic idea, not a fact at all.

About the spliting, i have a better theory, in all suikodens we see that the true runes are "alive" and "choose" their bearers, then is logical to think that the gate rune, knowing the masacre of harmonia, prefers to be splited easily in 2 halfs and go away in safe hands than be captured by harmonia or hide themself like beast or true wind runes.

And about the soul rencarnation ideas:

-lyon is healed, not reincarnated or resurected
-the ppl resurected in battle are only k.o.
-the only character resurected in all suikodens is gremio and his soul was inside the soul eater, not in a "stream" of souls, then u cant assume there is a budhist reincarnating sistem

if there is any mistake feel free to tell me i didnt know 100% of that details :P
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
GrayMercury

Post by GrayMercury »

hmm...okay, is it proven somewhere that she was healed and not resurrected....i haven't actually gotten the best suikoden V ending yet...as i've only played through it once and always get the bad one first. but I watched it on youtube and it looked pretty much like she was resurrected.

[spoiler]I mean, she collapsed...disappeared...and her 'spirit' talked to the prince then all the dead family and friends came in and talked to the prince...and then boom there she was again.

but i know she wasn't reincarnated....i'm not that dumb....what i was getting at in the first place is that none of us really have a clue what kind of powers the gate rune possesses other than what has been reveiled to us so far. We don't know the effects it having on either of it's owners (especially since it was 'un-naturally' split. I was simply giving my reasons for thinking why Leknaat would be evil....and i even said that i have no backing for my theories...just conjectures.........she's deffinatly one of my favorite characters throughout the whole series right next to Luc...and look at what happened to him....i thought he was just an angst-ridden teenager with a bad attitude...i was throughly shocked to see him as the bad guy in III.....and i won't believe anyone that says they saw that coming.....

but I'd be thrilled to see her as the ultimate boss in the very last suikoden because you all seem so dead set on her being good or just standing on the wayside.....I don't see her as good at all....but i'll do a little more research and build my theory up more and really tell you guys why i'm thinking all this junk just so you'll understand me better[/spoiler]
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

Well, about the eageless thing, we all sopose leknaat and windy are humans cuz they are from the gate rune village, if this is true the halfs give agelessness. But its only a logic idea, not a fact at all.
It is a logic idea, but it is also factual and canon that the Gate Rune halves both grant agelessness to their bearer. No need for logic when the creators explicitly state this. Again, this was stated in a novel or one of the Suikoden magazines. I have a few, but can't translate it. But, I believe a few senior members of this forum have them and can confirm.

In regards to the Gate Rune choosing or wanting to be split, this is very possible. The Gate Rune appears to have two halves innately, so it is very possible that it had no problems with splitting, but I don't think the Gate Rune is going to tell us whether it was happy about it or not. The fact is that all we know for certain is that Windy and Leknaat split the Gate Rune.

As far as Lyon disappearing, I would argue that it just was done for cinematic effect. I would also argue that the Sun Rune took her body and bathed it in its restoring light, which involved the supposed evaporation of Lyon. She more than likely, was simply taken from her current form and completely restored by the power of the Sun Rune.
LadyKarasu

Post by LadyKarasu »

Why? It sure as hell looks like its supposed to be a resurrection.
executorofbalance

Post by executorofbalance »

i wasn't surprised...and i'm highly insulted, Leknaat is my favorite female character
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not dissapear."