Leknaat

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
executorofbalance

Re: Leknaat

Post by executorofbalance »

RangerDeon wrote:I don't think she would be either. It doesn't make sense. .
Thank you. And even if she does symbolize balance,she's still on the good side. Yuber is chaos, and he is bad.
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not dissapear."
Black knight overlord

Post by Black knight overlord »

has it been confirmed that Yuber is Chaos and Pesmerga is evil? because I hear people say that a lot but I think its just a theroy.
Soggy spagetti

Post by Soggy spagetti »

In Suikoden, Balance and chaos are polar opposites, one representing good and the other, evil. If Leknaat is the sheer(hurf durf) of balance then she'd be on the side of good. I suggest playing Suikoden II and III as you obviously havent Paler than Moon if you didnt know that. ^_^
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Balance and chaos are not opposites, Law or Order and Chaos are opposites. The balance is what keeps the world in check, Luc talks about it in S3.

Chaos does not nessesarily indicate evil and order does not necessarily indicate good. In S1 the Scarlet moon empire is an example of a country becoming so engrossed in law and order that it has become stagnant and degraded from the inside.

S2 represents order conquering over chaos. In S2 Jowy and Luca both strive to bring the world to chaos, whereas Riou works to hold back that chaos and hold law in effect. The resulting country of Dunan is highly structured, atleast from what i've seen.

I could pick apart all the games, but the point is that it is a common misconception to ally Chaos to Evil and Order to Good, but that is not neccesarily the case. Read Micheal Moorecock's Eternal Champion series for a very good example.
Soggy spagetti

Post by Soggy spagetti »

JanusThePaladin wrote:Balance and chaos are not opposites, Law or Order and Chaos are opposites.
I could pick apart all the games, but the point is that it is a common misconception to ally Chaos to Evil and Order to Good, but that is not neccesarily the case. Read Micheal Moorecock's Eternal Champion series for a very good example.
No you see, you're right it is a common misconception, however, suikoden has illustrated balance and chaos according to that misconception, for example, Yuber, represents chaos, and we'll say leknaat represents order, Yuber is pure evil, and is only happy when he is allowed to cause chaos and despair, closely associated with evil.

and all you really did JanusThePaladin was write small subpar synopses on 2 of the games, leading me to believe that you were just talking from your behind the entire time. :]
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Again, Balance and Chaos are NOT opposites. Order and Chaos are. Balance is whats kept between them, and caused by the true runes in order to keep the world in a semblance of control. Again, Luc talks about seeing a future in which order takes complete control of the world, and right before the final fight in S3 the FC is transported to a future where ORDER has control.

You're still confusing Order and Balance. They are NOT the same thing.
executorofbalance

Post by executorofbalance »

Black knight overlord wrote:has it been confirmed that Yuber is Chaos and Pesmerga is evil? because I hear people say that a lot but I think its just a theroy.

Um, no, dude. Pesmerga is also balance. Not evil. Yuber is evil, chaos, etc. Pesmerga is the polar opposite, that's why he pursues Yuber...
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not dissapear."
King Krimson

Post by King Krimson »

For a start i am going to back up Janus.

Order and Balance are definitely not the same, to associate them as the same thing is the true misconception.

Order could be represented as absolute good

Chaos could be represented absolute evil

Balance is in the middle a neutrality that tries to keep a 50/50 ratio on the scale

Leknaat is not called the executor of Order, but in fact the executor of Balance. She is in a Neutral party i wouldn't be too surprised if she became the final Suikoden villain.

After all Yuber says in Suikoden III "The world is slowly slipping back into order's control. Order is taking over and Chaos is weakening" so i think it would be fair to speculte to maintain the balance we could find Leknaat assisting the villains next time around.
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1542/banner2bq6.gif

Luc - "then your definition of freedom is the ability to walk around a giant cell with an invisible leash around your neck"
GrayMercury

Post by GrayMercury »

Thank you king krimson. I think the exact same thing.
"Master, Violence is Wrong." - - Dongo (SV)
Eightfold Rune

Post by Eightfold Rune »

King Krimson is totally right
Order and Chaos are the opposites.
What keep them at bay is the Balance that occurs between them.

Leknaat is on that side, she is not on the good side nor on the evil side as well.
When she sent Luc to help Tir(Soul Eater Rune) in the Gate Rune Wars, and Riou(Bright Shield Rune) in the Dunan Unification Wars. It was not a clear thought that Leknaat was on the good side. It was that she help kept the balance since the evil side has been tagging forces from the likes of Yuber and other evildoers. Apparently as for the Gate Rune Wars, she did help Tir stormed back Windy's monster army with help of another true rune bearer, Joshua Levenheit whom bears the Dragon Rune. But Leknaat did said, "That it is for you Tir, to conquer this chaos, as I do to balance what is right" Same thing with what happen to Riou and Jowy when they received the Rune of the Beginning, The Bright Shield Rune and Black Sword Rune. Leknaat knew of the future before them, she never dealt on anyone, as for the conflict is in their destiny and for her to watch over in the making. She even told both Riou and Jowy, "The rune is your destiny, the good and evil. One resembles Attacking in conflict, the other one resembles Defending in conflict. Soon chaos will destroy the balance, and its for you both to stop it."