Geddoe's eye patch

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

I know this is a bit of the topic, but i heard he was working alongside the Flame Champion when he was 21 years old. So after 50 years he's the oldest hero at the age of 71. YET he's still holding the True Lightning Rune.
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
deathmf

Post by deathmf »

SARSadmin wrote:That's not a rune on her forhead. Runes don't typically show visibly on people's bodies. What Leknaat has is some sort of jewel.

Anyways, Konami has stated that Leknaat's Gate Rune is on her chest, and that is as official as you can get.
Konami probably hasn't even figured all their stuff out. Like they probably don't have an explanation to the agelessness of Jeane and Viki.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Viki isn't ageless; she accidentally sneezes and teleports herself through time.
deathmf

Post by deathmf »

Is Leknaat ageless? She's like the weirdest person in all the Suikodens
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, her half of the Gate Rune grants agelessness. (By the way, so does Windy's.)
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Aren't we going off topic here? And didn't SARSAdmin said that Geddoe lost his eyesight during the first Fire Bringer War as stated in the Suiko 3 Manga?

More of the question is how he lost it. My theory, he lost his eyesight when the FC couldn't control his flames and accidently burnt Geddoe's face, resulting in losing his eyesight on that eye. Plausible? Yes. Have I read the manga? I am completely broke so I can't buy it yet. So no.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

kuroinekokun wrote:Aren't we going off topic here? And didn't SARSAdmin said that Geddoe lost his eyesight during the first Fire Bringer War as stated in the Suiko 3 Manga?

More of the question is how he lost it. My theory, he lost his eyesight when the FC couldn't control his flames and accidently burnt Geddoe's face, resulting in losing his eyesight on that eye. Plausible? Yes. Have I read the manga? I am completely broke so I can't buy it yet. So no.
uh well for you info..he happen to lost it during a fight with harmonia..it was before the flame champ used his true fire rune..well that's about it.. :D
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Like I said, I haven't read the manga. And FYI, I haven't even finished playing S3!
LaLaLaVinCE

Post by LaLaLaVinCE »

I am very sure Geddoe lost his eye during 1st fire bringer war!!!
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

It's already established that he did.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

5th volume of the manga which is now released in English has the scene where Geddoe's eye is maimed. So take a look and it's pretty obvious.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

So question answered. He got it maimed in the first fire bringer war.

WAIT!! So, in the manga, we get to see Geddoe with both his eyes?! Does anybody have that picture if it exist?! (imagines that and faints)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Geddoe's scene without an eyepatch has him with his hand over his injured eye, so we'll won't be seeing a two-eyed Geddoe until the First Fire Bringer War is covered.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

I know this is a bit of the topic, but i heard he was working alongside the Flame Champion when he was 21 years old. So after 50 years he's the oldest hero at the age of 71.
That was Wyatt. Geddoe is over a 100 year old (not sure of the exact number. Maybe 130?). But yeah, unless we see some "other" hero show up he is indeed the older Hero in the Suikoden series. Of course, none of the main heroes of Suiko 3 had the Tenkai star like the other two do (ANd how all SoD heroes should).
Hmm...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

xXSqualleoNXx wrote:That was Wyatt. Geddoe is over a 100 year old (not sure of the exact number. Maybe 130?).
He's 112 (give or take a few years depending on what year you're aging him at).
xXSqualleoNXx also wrote:(And how all SoD heroes should).
That can be debated. The Tenkai Star in the original novel was more of a "nice guy" than a hero, and he definitely wasn't a very strong individual. Thomas fits the bill perfectly. The other Tenkai Stars are okay since they own the various castles but Thomas owns Budehuc, not Hugo, Chris or Geddoe.