New Thomas theory ?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Ginzo

New Thomas theory ?

Post by Ginzo »

It just accured to me that maybe Thomas was a main star of destiny because maybe he is supposed to be selected to bear the true wind rune after Luc's death

I don't know why but if think of it may be that's the point of him being a star at all (ie. many charecters in suiko series are not stars even though they have a vital rule in the plot)

You could say that he's a star because he helps you out and becomes one of your many followers but if you think about what I wrote above maybe it would start to make sence for him being the main star of destiny in suiko III
Usesnumbers

Re: New Thomas theory ?

Post by Usesnumbers »

Ginzo wrote:It just accured to me that maybe Thomas was a main star of destiny because maybe he is supposed to be selected to bear the true wind rune after Luc's death

I don't know why but if think of it may be that's the point of him being a star at all (ie. many charecters in suiko series are not stars even though they have a vital rule in the plot)

You could say that he's a star because he helps you out and becomes one of your many followers but if you think about what I wrote above maybe it would start to make sence for him being the main star of destiny in suiko III
I just do not get where they comes from, but anyways wouldn't the true wind rune seal its self up in a barrier, like the true fire rune did ? So I do not see how or why thomas would have got it. Oh well I might be wrong, but there is not offical truth to make you think this would happen, I believe about anyone could have got the true wind run if you are looking at it that way.
Deconstr
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Tenkai Star in S3 (Thomas) is the only Tenkai Star so far that follows the original novel. Song Jiang (the Tenkai Star in the original novel) had some skill with weapons but he was mostly just an overseer, and lead everybody. He really wasn't much of a fighter at all; just like Thomas.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Thomas had an ability to bring everyone together and served as a peacemaker when needed. As stated the novel had the lead star be a much more normal person than the previous 2 games and seemingly 4 has done.

As far as getting the true wind rune.... not very likely. i can't see the circumstance for it. However just to be silly and support something here, it is true that Thomas can get to at least an A in Wind Magic. You just have to put in twice the points than everyone else because he is supposedly not inclined to it in any way.
Eao

Post by Eao »

I can't belive all these crazy ideas are here, and not where they 'belong"!

yikes, Tom with TWR? thats not right
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

Maybe sasari got it, he was limbing out of the ruins at the end
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
Fists Of Protocol

Post by Fists Of Protocol »

The Black Knight wrote:Maybe sasari got it, he was limbing out of the ruins at the end
Disregarding that whole True Earth Rune thing...
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

There is'nt any official information on where the TWR is. The most likely theory is that Sasarai took it and gave it to Hikusaak or anyone in Harmonia, but I don't see how he could carry a True Rune since he already has one (True Earth Rune).
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

RageRune wrote:There is'nt any official information on where the TWR is. The most likely theory is that Sasarai took it and gave it to Hikusaak or anyone in Harmonia, but I don't see how he could carry a True Rune since he already has one (True Earth Rune).
True Runes are either dormant or present on a bearer (of some sort). Those orbs used in Suikoden III could be considered bearers. If they aren't present on a bearer, they can usually be found in some mundane place, like a shrine or some ruins.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Well and after the final battle everyone is more or less scrambling to get out intact. I don't thing snatching up the True Wind rune was of anyone's concern.

Okay silly random suggestion time to further go into the whole Thomas ending up with it thing......

It returns to it's orgins at the very bottom level of Budehuc Castle, just a bitt off from the little reading place. It does seem more like a forgotten Ruins than a part of the castle. Why an elevator goes there is beyond all comprehension.

Please now this is not meant to be at all serious or likely. But since it was brought up and has been before...... why not try and have some fun with it. It's so easy to discredit everything but it could become a fun running joke.
Nanashi

Post by Nanashi »

As far as the ending says.. It didn't say "After the War, Thomas got the True Wind Rune" but instead remain the Lord of the Villa err.. I mean Castle? :/

Best assumption of what of the TWR had become after Luc's death is either found a new permanent or temporary host or the more logical and more high would have happned went beneath the ground or sea or river or any given body of water to hide itself until he feels like reappearing again. Harmonia had hard time finding the other True Runes on that matter that soemtimes the True Runes are buried somewhere else and wait for it's re-appearance. It's semi true that a True Rune needs a host but hey you can't blame them if they don't see any host they like.
Resk

Post by Resk »

I don't think Sassari could have done anything with the rune (since he got the True Earth Rune back). Plus, I doubt he would take it back to harmonia after finding out that his rune (TER) was placed upon him instead of it choosing him.

But then again, the idea that Thomas got it actually makes some sense. After all, if he was destined only to be the leader and to bring everyone together (as he did) then why would he go with everyone else to the ruins, let alone challenge Luc directly with Cecile at his side?

Although it's unlikely that he got the rune, it would give a good reason for why exactly he was there at the end (even though he accompanied Sassari).
As the warlock said in the end, even if another age of storms buffets the world, I intend to go on living, and fighting, for you who saved me from the darkness, the one I love!
Luko

Post by Luko »

This may sound stupid but, Its known that TR have minds of their own somewhat. So maybe in some way they are living. Since the TRW was like entwined with Luc's soul i think it either

a: died with him
or
b: will be reincarnated inside Luc's next life form (if suikoden works like this)

I don't think it will play a big part in any more suikodens except maybe the last one when i think all the true runes will be in one place. But expect that in true suikoden fasion in one of the next games you will meet a little boy or girl who doesn't play a big role but says something like

"Mommy says im special, because she thinks whenever i get angry the wind changes"

something to that extent.
You call that an army? Where's your castle?
jeane is the coolest char

Post by jeane is the coolest char »

Luko wrote:This may sound stupid but, Its known that TR have minds of their own somewhat. So maybe in some way they are living. Since the TRW was like entwined with Luc's soul i think it either

a: died with him
or
b: will be reincarnated inside Luc's next life form (if suikoden works like this)

I don't think it will play a big part in any more suikodens except maybe the last one when i think all the true runes will be in one place. But expect that in true suikoden fasion in one of the next games you will meet a little boy or girl who doesn't play a big role but says something like

"Mommy says im special, because she thinks whenever i get angry the wind changes"

something to that extent.
i don't think it died with him because no mass destruction happened and that was what Luc planned after he destroyed his true rune
i have bad grammer >.<
Jeane is my hero
Luko

Post by Luko »

That would be destroying it by force. But who is to say it just can't expire like other things. I'm just tossing stuff out there XD

And reincarnation isn't exactly dieing, the TRW could just be staying with Luc's soul.
You call that an army? Where's your castle?