The Man Behind The Mask

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Sierra

The Man Behind The Mask

Post by Sierra »

I'm not sure whether this topic has been raised before, but since I haven't found it here, let me begin by asking: Do you think that Nadir is originally a character from the past Suikodens? If so, who could it be? If not, then who is he?

I thought he could be one of the old characters since his age is unknown. The information Kidd gives about is likely to be unreliable ( remember how
Estella could easily trick him into believing that Rody is actually a water imp).

If you know something that I don't, then say it here!
Credit goes to "lucreborn" for my previous avatar.
"Judgement of Lorelai" for my current one!
Thanks both =)
LadyChris

Post by LadyChris »

I have no idea of who it could possibly be right now. I need to look at pictures of older characters. I thought of your idea before, but never really tried finding out. It's probably someone who's sort of an "artsy-fartsy" type. :o
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

Here are some silly approaches:
Someone's long lost relative
Culgan starting his life anew
Joshua trying to forget his past as a Runebearer
Chapman

I personally don't believe it's any of these. Any more ideas?
Thanks both =)
LadyChris

Post by LadyChris »

I REAlly doubt this: Neclord's human form?
Yeah right. :roll: :twisted:
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I don't really know if you two are joking or not but Neclord and Culgan are both dead.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

If you want to make theories like this, please provide supporting ideas. Don't just say Culgan, Neclord, Joshua, etc, but also say why you think that it's possible for Nadir to be either one of them. If you, yourself, don't believe it, then there's no point in this thread.

I'll leave this open for now, but if the quality of the thread isn't improving, I'm going to lock it.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

I don't really think he's someone I mentioned. They were just ideas, but let me tell you:

Neclord is dead...it may be Neclord brought back to life. (not really...)
Culgan is dead...Well, maybe he isn't. It may be that he was able to escape whan the castle was collapsing.
Joshua....we don't know what's happened to him, so there is a chance.
Chapman...In the ending, we're told that he opens a theatre, that could be the beginning of his career.

I said that I doubt it's one of these. We've been only trying to think of the different possibilities.
Thanks both =)
St. Ajora

Post by St. Ajora »

I think it was officially stated that Culgan is dead.
The shrine: http://tartarus.rpgclassics.com/~valkyrie

The board: s6.invisionfree.com/coaa
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Konami says Neclord and Culgan are both dead, so until Konami says otherwise they are both dead.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
St. Ajora

Post by St. Ajora »

Hmm, I just looked in the character section to see who nadir was since I've not yet played S3. Personally, I just believe it's some enigmatic dude just looking to fool people. If he's involved in entertainment, it's not surprising to see why he was created wearing a mask...if he were like, a merchant or something and wore the mask, well, there's reason to get suspicious. You can't really come up with a theory without substantial evidence- it's the other way around. I guess they just threw him in there to stump people and is one of the many characters that wont really go anywhere.
The shrine: http://tartarus.rpgclassics.com/~valkyrie

The board: s6.invisionfree.com/coaa
lucreborn

Re: The Man Behind The Mask

Post by lucreborn »

Sierra wrote:I'm not sure whether this topic has been raised before, but since I haven't found it here, let me begin by asking: Do you think that Nadir is originally a character from the past Suikodens? If so, who could it be? If not, then who is he?

Quite honestly in my opinon. I think it was one of the boys in mathews house in suikoden 1. Thats my theory. Another one of my very stupid theories was that its Victor but that was proven wrong a long time ago lol. Hes a very mysterious person indeed and who knows who it could be.
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

lucreborn, please provide supporting ideas when you want to theorize about something. Don't just mention "one of the kids in Mathiu's house" without having any reason whatsoever.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
confused redhead

Post by confused redhead »

Maybe I'm just unimaginative, but I just thought we was wearing that mask because it's a well-known symbol of drama/theatre. o.O
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Ben Franklin
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

Yeah, could be right. But if you look for more info., you'll see it's said that no one knows why he puts on that mask. I don't suppose he's wearing it just because he's a drama producer!
Thanks both =)
confused redhead

Post by confused redhead »

HE LIVES DRAMA. HE IS DRAMA. *dramatic music*

Spoken in a less corny manner, maybe he wears the mask to indicate that the theatre is his entire being.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Ben Franklin