The Man Behind The Mask

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
St. Ajora

Post by St. Ajora »

Maybe he just really really loves his job...why does Flik wear a bandana? Because he wants to be a cowboy?
The shrine: http://tartarus.rpgclassics.com/~valkyrie

The board: s6.invisionfree.com/coaa
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

Huh???!!!
Credit goes to "lucreborn" for my previous avatar.
"Judgement of Lorelai" for my current one!
Thanks both =)
St. Ajora

Post by St. Ajora »

Never mind, my analogy was backwards. Or something. What I meant to point out was that just because he's wearing something doesn't automatically point to the fact that he's someone or somebody else...I mean, all of the people listed are just...not applicable.

Sierra

Post by Sierra »

But the thinngs Kidd (the private investigator) says imply that no one knows who he is, and the reason he wears the mask.
He could be a character that was mentioned but never actually appeared.
Thanks both =)
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Well one thing we do know is that it's possible for him to be wearing the mask for disguising his true identity (meaning that he's a character from previous game) , but at the same time, it's also possible that he wears the mask though he's a new character. We simply don't know which one is the right one.

My own personal opinion on this case is that Nadir is a new character. If he were to be a character from previous game, then Konami bothced the hints. There is no one credible hint at all that pointed for him to be a previous game character because drama/play/performance is only introduced in Suikoden III, and it's mentioned that Nadir is a performer and has been travelling as performer in the past. So it doesn't really fit with the characters from previous games.

Culgan had been in the military, Neclord was vampire, Joshua had been the leader of Dragon Knights, Chapman well he's just a shopkeeper. So none of them fit Nadir at all. Hence, my conclusion is that Nadir is Nadir, a new different character than previous game characters.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

When S1 ends, Chapman opens a theatre ( we're told that right at the end of the game ), so why can't it be Chapman?
And the others... well, it's not really difficult for them to leave what they were doing and start a new thing.
Thanks both =)
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

My bad about Chapman's ending. I totally didn't remember that at all. But having said that, there is still zero supporting idea to say that Nadir is Chapman. On the other hand, I think there are more hints to say that Chapman is not Nadir.

1. Chapman was said to open a theatre after retiring from armory. But it has never been mentioned that he was a performer himself. To me, I take that sentence as a way to say that he opened a theatre, but did not perform himself. He just provided the stage and place for actors/actresses to perform.
2. Chapman had no reason whatsoever to hide his identity. So it doesn't really make sense for him to wear a mask and be mysterious.
3. Futch, Viki, and Jeane were all involved in Gate Rune War along with Chapman, but there was no indication at all that Nadir knew any of those three from the past.

So in the end, it's of course possible for Chapman to be Nadir. In fact, anyone can be Nadir at this point. But still, no direct evidence that pointed to them at all. My conclusion is still the same, that Nadir is Nadir.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
St. Ajora

Post by St. Ajora »

I agree. Like I said, you can't form a theory without an substantial evidence. If it was a past character, we would have gotten some kind of clue, but there's absolutely nothing to go by.

amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

edit: i correct myself. forget what i said.