Jeane true rune or something else....?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

108 Stars wrote:It would support her immortality.
Vampires in the Suikoden world are neither ageless nor immortal.
LGM

Post by LGM »

I reckon that Jeane is in fact a Genie (name giveaway, eh?) of a rune. She doesn't actually have a rune, and she isn't a rune, she's just trapped to a life of servitude because of a rune

It explains her sort of slave girl/belly dancer get up, the smoke that usually comes with her arrival, her need to find a master, her abilities to control runes like she does, the way animals are aware she isn't really there, and her longevity.

Actually, that theory does hold up. I've impressed myself on that one.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

And she grants wishes!The Rune of Wealth :D
lol ehm that seems unlikely. Jeane is a women (or man!!!!) that seems to live for a long, long time.Lets face it, we WONT know until they release it...
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

LGM wrote:I reckon that Jeane is in fact a Genie (name giveaway, eh?) of a rune. She doesn't actually have a rune, and she isn't a rune, she's just trapped to a life of servitude because of a rune

It explains her sort of slave girl/belly dancer get up, the smoke that usually comes with her arrival, her need to find a master, her abilities to control runes like she does, the way animals are aware she isn't really there, and her longevity.

Actually, that theory does hold up. I've impressed myself on that one.
It was never said that she needs to find a master, or that animals can't see her. I don't know where you got either of those from. Abilities to control runes like she can could come from hard work and practice too. I don't ever recall seeing smoke with her arrival.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I seem to remember smoke in Suikoden Four, but there's also this thing called plain old magic that could've made that smoke. Jumping to the conclusion that she's a genie with the support of "there's smoke when she arrives" is just plain un-imaginative. You've got other support, but as Gorudo already said, most of it is baseless.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

If you want to stereotype Jeane's existence then why isn't the heroes rubbing a lamp to recruit Jeane? The genie theory is off without the lamp, don't you think?

Well...
My theory for Jeane is that she's a fallen goddess, following the beliefs of the Goddess in S3. Gods are believed to be immortal if one follows Greek mythology. She could have done something very wrong to cause herself to be cast out of the gates of Heaven and is cursed to join all wars of fate under the same star. She picks up rune study to keep herself alive and deosn't feel cold, I guess.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

kuroinekokun wrote:If you want to stereotype Jeane's existence then why isn't the heroes rubbing a lamp to recruit Jeane? The genie theory is off without the lamp, don't you think?

Well...
My theory for Jeane is that she's a fallen goddess, following the beliefs of the Goddess in S3. Gods are believed to be immortal if one follows Greek mythology. She could have done something very wrong to cause herself to be cast out of the gates of Heaven and is cursed to join all wars of fate under the same star. She picks up rune study to keep herself alive and deosn't feel cold, I guess.
Arn't gods in Human form called Avatars btw?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

You're partially correct. From my understanding they are the incarnations of gods, mainly Vishnu, in human or animal form.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Hero Kev

Post by Hero Kev »

huh?????.........i thought Vishnu was a Hindu god..... :shock:
Christine Lightfellow

Post by Christine Lightfellow »

I've never really thought too much about Jeane (I always assumed she had a True Rune until Konami made it clear that she did not), but after reading this thread and the two threads linked on the first page a few things have come to mind...

People have suggested that Jeane is a vampire, and then we were given reasons why she most likely is not. A goddess isn't a bad idea, but as has been stated before, noone who should mention that sort of thing in-game (Leknaat), even in passing, has said anything. Still not a bad theory. I think the runic leech theory is very interesting though. After learning Jeane doesn't have a True Rune, I just assumed that there were multiple Jeanes, but reading the runic leech theory amused me and lead me down this train of thought...

What if Jeane was a succubus (or something similar)? It's not a serious theory, but somewhat amusing nonetheless. Since she does talk to Kokoru about his "discovering her secret" and tells him not to tell anyone because it might scare people, we can guess she's something that would generally scare humans, which has been mentioned several times already. Succubus seems to fit the bill. First of all, Jeane is beautiful, but beyond that, people are drawn to her. Inexplicably so. There isn't a single man in the game who mentions Jeane that doesn't seem to be completely infatuated with her. Secondly, if we're going to say that this Jeane is the same Jeane appearing throughout the series, that would explain her youthfulness. She would be leeching life force from other people, which would keep her young, beautiful, powerful, etc. A succubus, as a demon, would certainly scare more than a few humans. If they don't get the energy they need, they're certainly ugly, scary, generally icky demons (in some universes anyway -- that makes sense to me, though). I had some more support but it's late and I'm tired.

Again, not a serious theory, but I wouldn't mind toying with it for the sake of a short and silly fanfic or something else like that. ^_^
Last edited by Christine Lightfellow on Sun May 22, 2005 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If I stay away from battle for a while, my hands ache with bloodlust."

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Stars_of_De ... hp?act=idx
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Lets look at some of the theory's

Runic Leech: Makes some sense.She could feed on the exes energy runes make.
Multiple Jeane: This was a joke on konamis part I presume
Succubus:She could live on sex since succubus are called sex demons(I am NOT kidding).
Goddes:Maybe,Maybe not.Her influence over men probably comes from her 'Charm Rune' rather than a divine power.I doubt she would be a Goddes.
Djinnie:Not probable
now for My own personal theory

What if she's a Hag?Her star is the 'Ugly Star' and Hags are very ugly and she has a Charm rune wich probably keeps her in this human form or makes an illusion for people to see her as a women.

another theory:What if the multiple jeane thing is correct.But look at it this way.What if Jeane's family al look different but they all have a charm rune wich makes them automaticly look like JEane.
Christine Lightfellow

Wraith wrote: Succubus:She could live on sex since succubus are called sex demons(I am NOT kidding).
Oh, trust me, I know -- I was just trying to be a little more eloquent about it. :)

syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

if you've watched pokemon, believing jeane is a different person, just having the same face and the same name would be easy.. xD
Christine Lightfellow

syun_ukiya wrote:if you've watched pokemon, believing jeane is a different person, just having the same face and the same name would be easy.. xD
You're not kidding! And all of those Jennys and Joys aren't even just sisters, but cousins, nieces, fourth cousins twice removed by marriage etc...

So multiple Jeanes? Doesn't make you stretch the imagination too much. ^_^ Hee, good point.

syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

btw is multiple jeanne a joke on konami's part ? if i'm not mistaken its ishikawa who said it.

it was a disappointment at first but it really does sound plausible.