Jeane true rune or something else....?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
StrategistShu

Post by StrategistShu »

Konami said Jeane doesnt have a true rune, but maybe she is a true rune.

Perhaps that would explain the fact that we see her in every game.

I know this is farfetched, but it is my idea of it...
Poolyxpop

Post by Poolyxpop »

Well, we're all going to find out sooner or later 'The Mystery Behind Jeane' ... and now after reading this, I feel stupid for thinking it was a true rune. -=\

I still think Viki has one, though. But yeah, that's another topic.
Squee_McSquiggles

Post by Squee_McSquiggles »

StrategistShu wrote:Konami said Jeane doesnt have a true rune, but maybe she is a true rune.

GAH. I was just about to post that very idea.

Here's a thought on the multiple Jeane theory though. Viki's a tad scatterbrained and all, but even if they all did look alike, wouldn't Viki notice that one Jeane didn't look exactly like another? Same idea with Lily- I'm not sure how much it applies to her though as she was fairly young during the events in S2. Futch was there too. It was a decent sized castle though, and they may not have all been overly close even though they were all fighting together.
Turin Turambar

Post by Turin Turambar »

StrategistShu wrote:Konami said Jeane doesnt have a true rune, but maybe she is a true rune.

They don't state that she doesn't have a true rune. They say that her seeming agelessness doesn't stem from a true rune. This omits both your theory and the obvious one about having a true rune.

But I do agree that they can change their mind. I just don't foresee them doing that.
Give me a story with cursed and tragic heroes, and I'll follow to my death.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

They don't state that she doesn't have a true rune. They say that her seeming agelessness doesn't stem from a true rune.
If you had a True Rune it would be the result of her agelessness. So, by saying that her agelessness is not due to a True Rune they are in fact stating that Jeane does not have a True Rune. So, the statements are one in the same. Jeane does not have a True Rune.

So that does not omit the theory and it is canon fact that she does not bear a True Rune.
Turin Turambar

Post by Turin Turambar »

I don't want to be rude, but did you read the person that I quoted? I was clarifying what Konami has stated. Because of the way that they word it, they end up saying that she does not have a true rune, nor is she a true rune. The way they say it, true runes should not come into the discussion at all. Her mysterious agelessness is not related to true runes in any way, shape or form.

Sorry if I came off as rude.
Give me a story with cursed and tragic heroes, and I'll follow to my death.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

They don't state that she doesn't have a true rune. They say that her seeming agelessness doesn't stem from a true rune. This omits both your theory and the obvious one about having a true rune
This is your quote correct? The way I took it is that you were trying to imply that them stating that her agelessness doesn't from a True Rune is not the same as saying she doesn't have a True Rune. Obviously that was not what you meant and obviously I read your post as I quoted it, I just couldn't decipher the meaning of that statement as it was rather obscure. So, I apologize for that and no offense taken and I don't feel that you were rude at all. You have the right to defend yourself and it was my misunderstanding.
rideanx

Ghost?

Post by rideanx »

Maybe Jeane is a ghost. A ghost wouldn't have a scent. A dog would recognize that immediately, therefore finding out her secret. She's also a stark white color and never ages.

Just a guess.
InuZamza

Post by InuZamza »

I heard that Jeane is like Nurse Joy of Pokemon where all her family looks like her...it does make sense in a way, but quite possibly could be true. Sorry if someone brought this up already.
InuYasha + Zamza = InuZamza got it?
ColonelAngus

Post by ColonelAngus »

... konami doesn't actually have any character development ideas for jeane, the developers are prowling these boards until someone come up with a good one and they're gonna steal it, that's jeane's big secret
Sergeant Keroro

Post by Sergeant Keroro »

Did anyone factor that she may travel thru time?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Although it is possible, it would be very lame of Konami to have two enigmatic characters with the exact same secret. Viki's taken the role of time travelling mistress. Another female with the exact same powers would be pretty pointless. Jeane travelling with Viki is a possibility too but that's also lame and un-imaginative.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant Keroro

Post by Sergeant Keroro »

Could be lame but you can never factor it out. Viki and Jeane do have some of that weird over the phone relationship type thing between each other. Just for the fact that Jeane is a rune master you could never factor out that she may have some sort of blinking rune herself or capibilities. As lame as it could be thought out to be...it could also be a true factor.