Luc cloney replacey thingy.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
LGM

Luc cloney replacey thingy.

Post by LGM »

If Luc is a clone, specifically designed to own the Wind rune, then wouldn't it be safe to say that even though he died, there would be another Luc to take his place?

And also, if one person could not own all 27 true runes (Hikusaak), then having 27 of himself to own 27 true runes would work just as well?

Obviously Hikusaak will eventually be seen if not a major part of a storyline. Perhaps because Konami have gone back in time, Suikoden 5 will be after 4 but before 1 so we can see Hikusaak start his plan.

This would also allow other events around this time to be seen (Crowley vs Magus for example).
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

We're still not exactly sure how Hikusaak's cloning process works.

Since the only clones we are aware of are Luc and Sasarai it isn't too much of a supposition to suggest that a True Rune may be an integral component in the creation of such an individual.

Then it would turn from creating another Luc in order to fetch the True Wind Rune; to needing to fetch the True Wind Rune to create another Luc.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Luc was saved/abducted by Leknaat--that's how he ended up under her protection.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

For some reason or another Hikusaak chose for Sasarai to be a priest as well as a vessel for the True Earth Rune, but Luc's sole duty was to be a vessel for the True Wind Rune, nothing more.

Leknaat probably took pity on his meaningless existence and rescued him.

The same thing happened with Sarah, but it was really Luc's urging that convinced Leknaat to rescue Sarah.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wolfblade

Post by Wolfblade »

If Hikusaak has been seen in years how could he make clones of himself. I reckon it was the nobles who made Luc which explains why he couldn't remove his rune.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Hikusaak hasn't been seen in public, which means he could be holed up in some laboratory. Luc can't remove his rune due to his cloning going wrong, which he explains in his chapter in Suikoden 3.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

After thinking about this a bit, I've come to the conclucion that the clones that Hikusaak has made/will make can't be exact clones.

I agree with what Shirofan said. A true rune must be an integral part of the cloning process. Needless to say, if there were Two True Earth RUnes, in theory!!, and one was given to Luc and the other to Sasarai well Sasarai would be a bit more efficient with his than Luc and vice versa with the Wind Rune in place.

The clones probably require Hikusaak's DNA and probably some form of extraction from a True Rune so as to make sure they're good at wielding the Rune for which they've made. Obviously it's done this way to prevent waste. Surely we don't need 7 useless Luc's walking around.
I hope everything is going delicious.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

I really hope another luc comes back as hes my favorite character even. hopefully he looks the same and might be named luc again. Sure luck did some stupid stuff in Suikoden 3 but hey all is forgiven he will always be #1 in my suikoden book. :D
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

I wouldn't hope for Luc to ever return. The clone's do not appear exactly alike. Sasarai and Luc both has slight differences. And Luc's creation and personality was due to his defect.

They would not purposefully create another clone (even if they had the True Wind Rune), make him with a bad and negative personality, call him by the same name.

Luc may have done some "stupid stuff" but the whole time he felt it was completely the right thing to do. He is dead. Officialy. So unless the highly doubtful and stupid plot-line happens, he'll never come back.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

If luc returns or a new clone luc comes than it makes the ending of S3 meaningless.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

Fliktor wrote:I wouldn't hope for Luc to ever return.

Why wish that. Luc is awesome. Maybe hes not dead just like wendy isnt dead. Dont for get luc always had the ability to turn "into an orb" anyway so im sure hes not dead just out hiding somewhere with sahra.

koriand'r wrote:If luc returns or a new clone luc comes than it makes the ending of S3 meaningless.

And it definitly would not neccecarily make it meaningless. It would be a very good twist in upcoming Suikodens. Lucs death is meaningless. His return will be very meaningfull. Im never giving up. He will come back no matter what. Even if i have to hack a game and put him in there or have someone else do it. But Konami wouldnt let him die like that plus true rune bearers have eternal life. So I hardly doubt that hes dead. If Windy survived(which she did) then he survived. :D
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
flame_champ

Post by flame_champ »

and how do you know that windy survived?
Luna Cressier

Post by Luna Cressier »

Wendy, as well as Barbarossa, is listed as MIA. Which, if I remember correctly, it was changed to by Konami. Even though I seriously doubt theyre alive, I think they did that so that A.) the fans would be happy and B.) just incase they wanted to bring them back.

I would hate to see Luc again. Well atleast a Luc like the Luc in SI and SII. Another Luc would be fine, one thats not broken, and not stolen away. That would give an example of what he was supposed to be.