Luc cloney replacey thingy.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
HeWhoHuntsDeath

Post by HeWhoHuntsDeath »

It would help.

EDIT by Red Killey: Please refrain from posting a one sentence post like this again.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Luc is officially dead. In the "land" of no return. The only way we would ever see Luc again, would be if we saw him in a flashback, or another Luc was then created, but even then, the new Luc would most likely be very different from the old Luc. He cannot be brought back by Leknaat either, as she clearly stated that she can only do that once even with the power of 108 stars of destiny.

I don't really see the problem with Luc being dead, he was integeral to the plot of Suikoden III, but after that, his story is over. Let him lie.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It would help.
Why not just summarize the whole story into a text box then and take away the whole game aspect?

"Grasslands, shoot happens, Hugo recieves the True Fire Rune, more shoot happens. Hugo loses rune, Hugo fights Luc, Luc dies. The End."

This way we will never be confused with dialouges and graphics ever again and we won't have to do any actual thinking either! Woot!
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

flame_champ wrote:I think that was a very good way to kill him off, and I would defeneatly HATE to have him come back as another clone.. Like seriously... how uncreative... they might as well bring back Lulu, Luca, Ted and all the other dead people...
then it would be like mortal kombat where everyone comes back -.-
bla
Bishop Luc

Post by Bishop Luc »

I'd wish Luc would return...hehe I thought of this idea it may be stupid...I wish that Konami makes another Suikoden where you can use the last True Rune bearer and ally with some Bearers of the True Runes and the main goal is to fight Hikusaak,Leknaat,Windy! and some of the bearers are Luc,Sasarai,Hugo,Chris,Geddoe and some other True Bearers hehe
:shock: :o
"Go ahead and resist. It'll give me a chance to practice my powers of persuasion." - Luc
LGM

Post by LGM »

I have a theory Suikoden 5 will be set sometime after 4, but just before one (ten years or so). Then you could see Luc again, plus all the generals from the first game (Teo, Kwanda, Milich, possibly Georg etc...) plus possibly Hikusaak.

This may then answer some of our questions.

But it is just a theory.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

well kinda off topic but i rater 5 be in between 2 and 3. I want to know what happened to victor and flik, well i already know but i want to see the story. plus the hero and johy to
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

I doubt that would ever happen. There are thousands of stories within Suikoden, and I doubt they'll revist Flik, Viktor, Riou or Jowy and time soon, at least not as major factors within the games.

Suikoden IV being a prequel worked as it didn't take place during events that were already documented to us. Konami will not make a major Suikoden game that is set around events already known to us.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

Fliktor wrote: The only way we would ever see Luc again, would be if we saw him in a flashback, or another Luc was then created, but even then, the new Luc would most likely be very different from the old Luc.
I disagree with that based on a slight theory of mine, from what Luc stated in Suikoden III regarding the True Wind Rune. In theory, if another Luc was created by Harmonia, let's say as a vessel for the True Wind Rune if/when they reclaimed it, that Luc would soon defect to the original's ways. The True Wind Rune to some extent was embedded to Luc's soul, and likely also carries his memories as it carried the memories of former bearers; this would likely lead another clone to the same madnesses and ultimately bend to the original Luc's will after death.

That said, I don't think Harmonia would even attempt to make another True Wind Rune vessel as chances are the remnants of Luc's soul and memories would drive another clone to madness. They'd probably have to contain it in a rune crystal which was not a living being.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

luc was just a failure as a clone, they would just make a perfect clone this time. Look at sasarai, hes a perfect clone and there never any problems with him, luc was just made wrong and he sufefred for it, the same thing wouldnt happen again, a new clone would be made and he would turn out fine

thats my opinion anyway
Last edited by son_michael on Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

son_michael wrote:luc was just a failure as a clone, they would just make a perfect clone this time. Look at sasarai, hes a perfect clone and there never any problems with him, luc was just made wrong and he sufefred for it, the same thing wouldnt happen again, a new cloen would be amde and he would turn out fine
Of course we don't know what may change within Sarasai now that he also knows the truth of his origin. I doubt he'd become like Luc, but it's possible that the knowledge of what he really is will affect him in some way down the road. Also, it makes me wonder if there are other Luc/Sarasai type of clones we have yet to be introduced to within Harmonia and if they'll be appearing when we return to that story.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

what screwed luc up wasnt that he knew the truth of his orgin, it was the fact that the true wind rune was intertwined with his soul, sasarais true rune is not intertwined with his soul, sasarai is a perfect clone with no mistakes, and sasarai was created after luc was

I would also be very interested to see how sasarai reacts now that he knows he's just a container for a true rune and nothing more, and I would say there are deffinetley other harmonian clones out there but thats just my oppinion
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Clones are only identical on a genetic level. Harmonia could create another clone of Hikusaak, but it wouldn't be the same Luc. They could call him Luc and dress him up like Luc, but his personality and memories would be different.

Whether he got the True Wind Rune or not and acted in a similar matter, it would still not be the same Luc. It will always be a different Luc.

That aside, Luc's condition with the True Wind Rune was more unique that most cases. He couldn't remove it at all, not even through Sarah's techniques of removing True Runes. But seeing as it only tells us that the TWR was a part of his soul, we have no reason to believe that the TWR will have been altered or changed so that if it inhabits another person, it will turn them into a rabid Luc.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

LGM wrote:I have a theory Suikoden 5 will be set sometime after 4, but just before one (ten years or so). Then you could see Luc again, plus all the generals from the first game (Teo, Kwanda, Milich, possibly Georg etc...) plus possibly Hikusaak.

This may then answer some of our questions.

But it is just a theory.
The generals I think are the most likely on this list as they would probably be in their primes at the approximate time where we can peg Suikoden 5.

Hikusaak I think is being kept to the side until they decide to actually do Harmonia.

And it needs to be noted that in Suikoden 1, Luc was a child still. About age 14 or so.... his likelihood in ANY event prior to this would be pushing it. Do you really want 8 year olds in your party?
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

didn't stop Meg and Shabon from being 108 stars.
Strategy is the key to victory!