Luc cloney replacey thingy.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
flame_champ

Post by flame_champ »

I think that was a very good way to kill him off, and I would defeneatly HATE to have him come back as another clone.. Like seriously... how uncreative... they might as well bring back Lulu, Luca, Ted and all the other dead people...
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

I also agree that it would be really pushing it for Luc to return. His death had a good deal and depth and offered some closure. He managed to change his predetermined fate to be merely a carrier of a rune. He died knowing unconditional love and coming to terms with his soul.

Many stated that they woudl probably need the true wind rune in possession to create another clone but also..... yes they would probably want to avoid having a direct repeat of Luc. He was more or less a failed and defective clone and well..... hardly loyal and complacent.

This is why I liked him immensly as a villain (okay I liked him in the previous two games if only because of his rune spell arsenal) because it gave him a meaning to life that was missing all along. First he was a vessel, then he was pushed into participating in two wars that really meant nothing to him. The only time he had any real interest in helping you out actively is so he could feud with his much favored Bishop brother.

He was willing to die for his convictions and followed through. Even as he is coming to terms with his humanity he accepts death.

Really the only way it would be feasible for us to see more fo Luc would be should a game take place in the several years prior to Suikoden 1 where we could encounter him still in Harmonia or perhaps the events leading to the creation of the twin clones.

I think if we are going to get any more of the situation with the clones though I am betting on it coming from Sasarai. The third game's character endings do suggest that while he pulls himself together to the end of the war, he is struggling with what Luc said and the nature of his existence. If he has access to Hikusaak, which from the circle palace scenes indicate he might, we might see that conflict brew.
flame_champ

Post by flame_champ »

That can't really happen since Luc is 30 in S3 so there is not a lot of time between the creation of Luc and S1
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

flame_champ wrote:and how do you know that windy survived?
Well im not exactly saying shes alive, im just saying it seems weird that theirs no trace of the other half of the rune. Which could mean shes still alive. As for luc and windy I was just conderdicting my theorie. Sorry I guess i should have worded it better.
flame_champ wrote:I think that was a very good way to kill him off, and I would defeneatly HATE to have him come back as another clone.. Like seriously... how uncreative... they might as well bring back Lulu, Luca, Ted and all the other dead people...
Ok Ok ill even be happy if there were a exact clone of luc except different name. Hate is a very powerful word. Plus they did bring ted back not literally but still. and yes lulu, luca would be very pointless as they are villians and/or useless characters. Luc wasnt exactly a villian in suikoden 3 he just had to find a way to save mankind from the fate he saw in his vision. But ok ok ill stick with a exact clone of luc but different name. :D
Luna Cressier wrote:I would hate to see Luc again. Well atleast a Luc like the Luc in SI and SII. Another Luc would be fine, one thats not broken, and not stolen away. That would give an example of what he was supposed to be.
Well luc wasnt that bad in Suikoden 1 or 2. He was a great magic user in both, was funny as heck as some points, and almost has the same personallity as me (excluding destorying all of man kind) Plus he couldnt help that he couldnt remove the rune due to a cloneing gone bad. How would you feel if you couldnt take a thing off your arm ever even if you wanted to lol. Im not saying what your saying is bad, as everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But come on give the guy a chance. He had to be one of the most powerful suikoden characters in all 3(not the most powerful but pretty strong). But like I said a new exact clone, but different name would be exceptable. :D
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Luna Cressier

Post by Luna Cressier »

You dont seem to understand, I am giving him a chance. I dont want to see him, but I'd understand if they did. If I remember correctly there used to be a part of the timeline that said that Sasarai gave Highland their Beast Rune, this shows that they've made multiple clones before, meaning they could do it again. Just be warned, just because they'd do it again doesnt mean that Luc will come out like he did -aha the one from SI, SII, and SIII (I also meant to add SIII last time).
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

Ya true lol. Next time he could be on the bad guy side, instead of the good guy thinking of only himself side lol. A funny thing about luc though when i was stupid and oblivious of suikoden when it first came out i bought it. I read the manual talking about the true runes and played the game. When i got to the island at the begining when luc summoned the golem I was like omg he must have a true rune. I was jokeing with myself at the time but then suikoden 2 he used it in the war with sasari and OMG I was right. Just weird how you can joke about things and they actually happen you know. :lol:
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Actually nobody is quite sure if the Sasarai that presented the Beast Rune was actually real. It may not have been a clone called Sasarai; but an actual person whom the clone Sasarai was named after. The whole presentation of the Beast Rune is meant to be a hoax as the rune moved to Highland of its own free will and Harmonia "covered" it up.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

It's actually probably Konami's screwup. This is because Luc says, "High Priest Sasarai" when his title should be Bishop. Likely he was meant to say "High Priest Hikusaak" instead.
Luna Cressier

Post by Luna Cressier »

oh well there goes what I was thinking. I guess Konami always screws up whe it comes to those kind of things.
GrayMercury

Post by GrayMercury »

That can't really happen since Luc is 30 in S3 so there is not a lot of time between the creation of Luc and S1
I don't know about that...Sasarai gave Highland their Beast Rune...also, Luc was born full grown. Let's say that he is more than thirty years old but the booklets and things that come with the games say (i.e. Suiko 1) that he is only thirteen. Maybe they're just going by how many years he has been with Leknaat.

GS1: 14 years
GS2: 17 years
GS3: 30 years

do I make sense?
"Master, Violence is Wrong." - - Dongo (SV)
Flame Champion

Post by Flame Champion »

if we were to see Luc again, which i hope for but doubt, it would most likely be a result of Leknaat bringing him back the way they brought back Gremio in S1. As much as i'd like him back, i think it is more likely we may SEE him again, perhaps in a vision of some sort, but he won't be back and fighting for us again....but we can always hope
HeWhoHuntsDeath

Post by HeWhoHuntsDeath »

Is it official that Luc is dead? I mean yes, all signs point to it, but has Konami officially said that Luc's dead? If they haven't then it's entirely concievable that Luc lived through the end of S3 (despite the crap-kicking I gave him). I say this mainly because the previous Suikoden games always made sure that the player saw who inhereted a true rune after its previous owner died (Except for maybe the beast rune). I could be wrong and probably am, but I honestly think that Luc is too integral to the series to just kill off, Sarah maybe but not Luc.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

previous Suikoden games always made sure that the player saw who inhereted a true rune
Oh yeah? Then please tell us who's currently in posession of the Sovereign Rune, Front Half of the Gate Rune, Beast Rune and Rune of Change.

I don't know how much clearer Konami can make it, the guy says he's going to die, Sarah says he's going to die, not to mention the integral fact that you see Luc's soul ascend to heaven in the end, that's not something that people tend to bounce back from. Do they have to put up a sign that says "The following people died during this game" for people to get it?