Leknaat-The unseeing eye that sees all

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Asura

Leknaat-The unseeing eye that sees all

Post by Asura »

Since continuing in the True Rune thread isn't right for my counter point, I figured she of all of the background characters deserved a debate.

She herself said she could read the stars with her unseeing eyes and see the future. Many counter this by saying she only gives very vague clues, to this I have a counter of my own, if she said what someone was going to do they wouldn't.

Then there is the half/whole Gate Rune she possesses, now this is a border line True Rune arguement, but it's not based on the strength or power of it. Earlier on it was rumored she had the full Gate Rune, then later that was taken back saying she had only half again, as it was in Suikoden 1. Though from what I can tell from pictures she hasn't gotten any older. Does she have it? Or maybe it's some of the magic of her home Magician Island.
Pain never goes away easily, but pleasure leaves at a whim.
Suikoman444

Re: Leknaat-The unseeing eye that sees all

Post by Suikoman444 »

Asura wrote: Then there is the half/whole Gate Rune she possesses, now this is a border line True Rune arguement, but it's not based on the strength or power of it. Earlier on it was rumored she had the full Gate Rune, then later that was taken back saying she had only half again, as it was in Suikoden 1. Though from what I can tell from pictures she hasn't gotten any older. Does she have it? Or maybe it's some of the magic of her home Magician Island.
Even the power of half a true rune makes it's bearer not age. Leknaat is over 400 years old by suikoden 3 and of course no one could live that long normally.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yep, officially speaking, Gate Rune halves grant agelessness just like any other true rune.

Also, although Leknaat can see the "general tendencies" of the future, she can not see the specific occurances that will happen in the future. This is why she says that fate is changeable.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

I'm not arguing that she doesn't have the Gate Rune half, which she obviously does have.

But her agelessness would not necessarily have to be due to a True Rune. There are other characters in Suikoden who do not appear to age but have no True Rune.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

It is official that the Gate Rune half gives her agelessness. As for other characters, they are either vampires or non-humans. Jeane is an excpetion but the Suikoden team has been keeping that a closely kept secret.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Oh I get that, I was just playing Devil's Advocate saying for example if she didn't have a True Rune.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

But her agelessness would not necessarily have to be due to a True Rune. There are other characters in Suikoden who do not appear to age but have no True Rune.
Like??? Need a few names here mate.
It is official that the Gate Rune half gives her agelessness. As for other characters, they are either vampires or non-humans. Jeane is an excpetion but the Suikoden team has been keeping that a closely kept secret.
Well both Sierra and Neclord are bound to the Blue Moon Rune. Neclord wears it and Sierra is its rightful owner but yea I suppose vampires do live forever anyways.

Jeane is the sole exception (can you say secret true rune :D ) and I also think Pesmerga might have one.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Quote:

Well shut my mouth lol Perhaps I was a little hasty. But Yuber doesn't officialy have a True Rune as they "forgot" about his rune in a later interview/publication.

Like you said anyway, Vampires like Rean Penberg don't have or need True Runes to live forever.

But like I said, I was a tad hasty saying "other characters" as I can only really think of a possibility of Yuber and the Vampires.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Fliktor wrote:
Quote:

Well shut my mouth lol Perhaps I was a little hasty. But Yuber doesn't officialy have a True Rune as they "forgot" about his rune in a later interview/publication.

Like you said anyway, Vampires like Rean Penberg don't have or need True Runes to live forever.

But like I said, I was a tad hasty saying "other characters" as I can only really think of a possibility of Yuber and the Vampires.
Could someone elaborate on how 'they forgot' about Yuber's Eightfold Rune?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

They havn't forgotten about it. The Eightfold Rune shows up in a number of publications. They simply did not mention it in suikoden 3.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

I thought when they brought an the encyclopedia (or something similar) they'd missed off the Eightfold Rune and the Rune of Change?
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

It was a list given to Japanese magazines in the Suikoden IV preview press releases, one that was supposed to give the current state of the True Rune owners after Suikoden III, that led to the confusion.

It listed the Dragon Rune as back with Joshua, contrary to the reports in Suikoden III.
It ignored the Rune of Change and Eightfold Rune completely.
But it was the first report from Konami to explicitly state that Hugo ends up with the True Fire Rune.

That last comment led some to latch onto it as being a statement that Konami had changed their mind about the other two statements, and others to claim that even the last one wasn't valid since the list doesn't look to have been fully verified before release.

The encyclopædia provides the largest amount of information about the Rune of Change and the Eightfold Rune known; albeit not that much.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Does this magazine actually give the rune that the characters in the Suikoden world know of or is it all the official runes invented byt Konami for the knowledge of us gamers???

When you think about it how many people actually know about Yubber's True Rune in the Suikoden world???
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Watcher of The Stars

Corrections...

Post by Watcher of The Stars »

Well both Sierra and Neclord are bound to the Blue Moon Rune. Neclord wears it and Sierra is its rightful owner but yea I suppose vampires do live forever anyways.
hey hey wait a minute there vampire's also die's but about sierra's case it's an Exception even though she doesn't have the Moon rune with her it is the runes gift to her to live forever..... that's what i think ...... because if you look closely Rean just lived because he Sucks blood of other human being and Neclord he does aged before he had stolen the moon rune he was still a teen or something that's what it is indicated there or something...like that..... the vampires at the Blue moon village didn't die back there because the Moonrune gives then kinda magic powers not to suck blood........ but then Neclord stole it.... that's what happened and another Proof that vampire's die is because Richmond said in his investigations that all Vampires Do also DIE except for sierra thou he doesn't know the reason behind sierra's Immortality....
[/quote]