Is there any possibility for Reinhold to be Eike's ancestor?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Is there any possibility for Reinhold to be Eike's ancestor?

Postby Sasarai10 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:15 pm

I've noticed those 2 look quite similar. Although they have totally different personalities, their faces are very similar. Just try to imagine Eike with a shaved head like Reinhold.

Particularly long thin face and most notably their eyes. How many characters there have eyes without an iris?

Antimatzist
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Germany, yeah baby
Contact:

Re: Is there any possibility for Reinhold to be Eike's ancestor?

Postby Antimatzist » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:19 am

Possible? Yes. Probable? No. Or at least there is not even the slightest hint to that.

It's just the same artist in both games, Junko Kawano. And while her style greatly changed between those games, it's just a concidence. In total, she drew more than 200 portraits for both games. Some features just return.

User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Is there any possibility for Reinhold to be Eike's ancestor?

Postby Sasarai10 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:00 am

Antimatzist wrote:Possible? Yes. Probable? No. Or at least there is not even the slightest hint to that.

It's just the same artist in both games, Junko Kawano. And while her style greatly changed between those games, it's just a concidence. In total, she drew more than 200 portraits for both games. Some features just return.


Yeah but I mean such a coincidence is "scary". After all we don't know Reinhold's or Eike's origins. It'd be nice to have some backstory of non-story characters. There are many undeveloped characters especially in SIV.

Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Re: Is there any possibility for Reinhold to be Eike's ancestor?

Postby Wolkendrache » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:08 am

I can't see any striking resemblance...

Reinhold = Jason Statham
Image
Eike = Robin Lord Taylor
Image
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan

Antimatzist
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Germany, yeah baby
Contact:

Re: Is there any possibility for Reinhold to be Eike's ancestor?

Postby Antimatzist » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:37 am

Sasarai10 wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:Possible? Yes. Probable? No. Or at least there is not even the slightest hint to that.

It's just the same artist in both games, Junko Kawano. And while her style greatly changed between those games, it's just a concidence. In total, she drew more than 200 portraits for both games. Some features just return.


Yeah but I mean such a coincidence is "scary". After all we don't know Reinhold's or Eike's origins. It'd be nice to have some backstory of non-story characters. There are many undeveloped characters especially in SIV.

It's not a coincidence, it's like saying "Character x and Y both have brown hair, are they related?" And Eike is a lot more underdeveloped than Reinhold.

User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Is there any possibility for Reinhold to be Eike's ancestor?

Postby Sasarai10 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:22 pm

Antimatzist wrote:
It's not a coincidence, it's like saying "Character x and Y both have brown hair, are they related?" And Eike is a lot more underdeveloped than Reinhold.



Eike was pretty active during Thomas Chapters, and you learn some facts about him via Kidd's investigations.

As for Reinhold, the only thing we get is he's manipulated by Mitsuba. And not any further info about this letter.


Well, but still eyes without iris are way less uncommon than brown hair. Actually for Suikoden standards a black person is a rarity as well. Hauser is the only black character we have.

Antimatzist
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Germany, yeah baby
Contact:

Re: Is there any possibility for Reinhold to be Eike's ancestor?

Postby Antimatzist » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:36 am

Oh, no I see, I misread your original post as Eikei, not Eike. He doesn't have an iris either, point disproven.

Are eyes without iris even hereditary?

User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Is there any possibility for Reinhold to be Eike's ancestor?

Postby Sasarai10 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:12 am

Antimatzist wrote:Oh, no I see, I misread your original post as Eikei, not Eike. He doesn't have an iris either, point disproven.

Are eyes without iris even hereditary?



Well actually there's one similarity between Eikei and Reinhold. In Sega Version Eikei owns a Dojo like Reinhold does.

I have no idea if it's hereditary but there are only 2 among 500+ characters without an iris. That's why I said it.

Antimatzist
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Germany, yeah baby
Contact:

Re: Is there any possibility for Reinhold to be Eike's ancestor?

Postby Antimatzist » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:41 am

Ok, here some other characters without an iris:
- Tai Ho (Suikoden)
- Kai
- Juppo
- Krin
- Gen
- ...

You could do this all day, you will always find characters even from different artists (Gordon in Suikoden II).

User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Is there any possibility for Reinhold to be Eike's ancestor?

Postby Sasarai10 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:14 am

I see they don't have indeed or it appears to be very small....although graphics in SI were pretty much undeveloped. So maybe if they were designed in later games, they might have.


Return to “Character Theories”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests