Roog.. striking resemblance to Kreutz..

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
rem2905

Roog.. striking resemblance to Kreutz..

Post by rem2905 »

Quote: "A similar group exists in the Falena Queendom using a similar-looking animal as a mount known as Dragon Horses; this group is known as the Feitas Dragon Cavalry." - Suikoden 1 ( This to me even seems to be hinting that they are indeed trying to connect the pieces between Suikoden 5 and Suikoden 1.)

Quote: "A Dragon Knight who loses his or her dragon is cast out from the knighthood until he or she can find a new dragon; given the unusual growing conditions of the dragon eggs, which will rarely hatch outside of the Dragon's Den, the quest to find a new dragon becomes a nearly impossible task, to be sure. Few are ever successful in finding a new dragon." - Suikoden 1

Quote: "Roog travels to Gordius to see if he can figure out the problems, and discovers Godwin infested the place and holds the eggs hostage. Roog and Rahal work to rescue the eggs from the assassins, but only manage to stop Dolph when Nick's bad flute playing makes all the dragon horses scream in protest. The resulting sound is enough to make even Dolph stop in his tracks." - Suikoden 5

Please note their striking similar appearance in their character portraits. Also please read both biographies of both Roog and Kreutz, and tell me if this is a possibility that they are the very same person. I'm almost certain they are.

Kreutz/Roog is a friend of Joshua Levenheit who is the holder of the Dragon Rune which allows dragons to exist in the land. I would have to say they are friends, other than the fact that they faught together in the succession war, because of Kreutz/Roog's fondness of dragons from being in the previous Dragon Cavalry of Feitas. It almost seems like Kreutz/Roog was given Lance because of the ability that allowed Dragons to exist in the world from Joshua's Rune. There's too much of a strong connection and coincidence here that I would think that they are not the same person.

Kreutz/Roog probably loses his dragon Lance after the events of Suikoden 5 somewhere in the timeline but he still believes in the power of the Dragon Rune which Joshua Levenheit held onto, and still holds true to the dragons being allowed to roam and exist in the world which is why you see him say this phrase in the second attachment below. He is speaking of Lance when he says it. I think Suikoden 5 was made, and they really created a Kreutz out of Roog but it just isn't noted anywhere in the games.
Roog01.png
33-PSD3D806.jpg
What do you guys think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antimatzist

Re: Roog.. striking resemblance to Kreutz..

Post by Antimatzist »

Your first quote is nowhere in the first Suikoden.

Kreutz fought in the Succession War which took place in 426. The events of Suikoden V take place in 449. So impossible.

You never see Kreutz being fond of dragons.

We don't even know if Dragon Horses and Dragons are somehow related and if the first could live without the Dragon Rune.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Roog is the Chimou Star
Kreutz is the Tenku Star

It's normally a good idea to look on the 108 stars guide provided on this very site before one goes posting theories about two characters being the same.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:Your first quote is nowhere in the first Suikoden.

Kreutz fought in the Succession War which took place in 426. The events of Suikoden V take place in 449. So impossible.

You never see Kreutz being fond of dragons.

We don't even know if Dragon Horses and Dragons are somehow related and if the first could live without the Dragon Rune.
They might be related somehow indeed,but Kreutz isn't Roog for sure. Sounds very extreme to me.

Kreutz was just hiding in Dragon's Den (like Fuma),he wasn't fond of dragons.
sticky-runes wrote:Roog is the Chimou Star
Kreutz is the Tenku Star

It's normally a good idea to look on the 108 stars guide provided on this very site before one goes posting theories about two characters being the same.
But what about Roy/Nadir and 2 Vickis? :wink:

By the way there's another theory of Kreutz being Duke's father from S3. Sounds more possible to me.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

By the way there's another theory of Kreutz being Duke's father from S3. Sounds more possible to me.
That doesn't sound possible and is only based on their weapon names (it's also one of the "just for fun, this is not meant to be taken seriously" theories by suikox). By the same logic, Genshu is one of their brothers, he has the same weapon name as both.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Here's an idea - how about we discuss characters for who they are and their unique personalities and relationships and how they feel about the struggles they are going through in each game, instead of coming up with far fetched BS theories of what other characters they might be/obviously are not.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:
That doesn't sound possible and is only based on their weapon names (it's also one of the "just for fun, this is not meant to be taken seriously" theories by suikox). By the same logic, Genshu is one of their brothers, he has the same weapon name as both.
But Genshu's weapon is different isn't it?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Sasarai10 wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:
But Genshu's weapon is different isn't it?
And what makes you say Kreutz' and Duke's are the same? To me, they look very different. They only share the same name and that they are some kind of broadsword.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Now i noticed Genshu's and Duke's weapon are

Denta -> Odenta -> Kamui

Kreutz's weapon is

Denta -> Big Denta -> Kamui

But i'm pretty sure Kreutz has a 2H sword like Duke. It's just graphics that it makes it look smaller
s21

Post by s21 »

Antimatzist wrote:
I thought that's the only theory from suikox that can actually be taken seriously

The weapon names and the Toran reference seems like a really plausible explanation to support the speculation
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Sasarai10 wrote:Now i noticed Genshu's and Duke's weapon are

Denta -> Odenta -> Kamui

Kreutz's weapon is

Denta -> Big Denta -> Kamui

But i'm pretty sure Kreutz has a 2H sword like Duke. It's just graphics that it makes it look smaller
They are the same in Japanese (with the difference that Genshu's is written i Katakana? Weird). And the swords look different, not smaller.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

s21 wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:
I thought that's the only theory from suikox that can actually be taken seriously

The weapon names and the Toran reference seems like a really plausible explanation to support the speculation
Also Gau is a Kobold...and Kobolds appeared only in Toran and Dunan region.