Is this mysterious old man in Cave Of The Wind, supposed to be Crowley?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Is this mysterious old man in Cave Of The Wind, supposed to be Crowley?

Postby Sasarai10 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Come and think about it. It's really bizarre for some random old man hiding in the middle of some cave.

Definetely he's not ordinary since he has special abilities,like teleporting you out from the cave.

I believe he's actually Crowley in the form of some random old man. Never thought bringing Mazus and talk to him though. I just want to see if there's some hidden scene or something. :roll:

User avatar
wataru14
Guide Writer
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:37 am
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Is this mysterious old man in Cave Of The Wind, supposed to be Crowley?

Postby wataru14 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:21 pm

Nope, it's just some random old dude.
Last edited by wataru14 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Is this mysterious old man in Cave Of The Wind, supposed to be Crowley?

Postby Sasarai10 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:26 am

wataru14 wrote:Nope, it's just some ransom old dude.


Then why he has special skills?

Antimatzist
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Germany, yeah baby
Contact:

Re: Is this mysterious old man in Cave Of The Wind, supposed to be Crowley?

Postby Antimatzist » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:09 am

For reasons. It's not supposed to be Crowley, or at least there's nothing pointing towards this possibility.

User avatar
BrucePrintscreen
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:58 am

Re: Is this mysterious old man in Cave Of The Wind, supposed to be Crowley?

Postby BrucePrintscreen » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:02 am

Crowley is not the only person with special skills in this game. It's set in a magical world, why wouldn't an old hermit have some weird power after all?

Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Re: Is this mysterious old man in Cave Of The Wind, supposed to be Crowley?

Postby Wolkendrache » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:46 am

The old guy is referred to as Muten-Roushi, the inventor of the Kamehameha technique. He thought the cave of the wind is the ideal place to read his hentai books.

This reminds me of your awesome thread about the blonde girl at Jowston Hill…
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13888
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan

User avatar
BrucePrintscreen
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:58 am

Re: Is this mysterious old man in Cave Of The Wind, supposed to be Crowley?

Postby BrucePrintscreen » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:38 am

I think he is actually Jeane's true form.
Or he is Pesmerga.
Or Yuber.
Or the three of them.
Or not.
Or maybe.
Or, is he?

User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Is this mysterious old man in Cave Of The Wind, supposed to be Crowley?

Postby Sasarai10 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:44 am

BrucePrintscreen wrote:Crowley is not the only person with special skills in this game. It's set in a magical world, why wouldn't an old hermit have some weird power after all?


But WHO else would hide inside the middle of a cave except Mazus and Crowley?


Only Travis from SIV had this habbit but he wasn't a magician at all...he just gave you an escape talisman if i'm not mistaken.

Wolkendrache wrote:The old guy is referred to as Muten-Roushi, the inventor of the Kamehameha technique. He thought the cave of the wind is the ideal place to read his hentai books.

This reminds me of your awesome thread about the blonde girl at Jowston Hill…
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13888


Actually i have an update about who she is...remember Rune Mistress in White Deer Inn?

Antimatzist
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Germany, yeah baby
Contact:

Re: Is this mysterious old man in Cave Of The Wind, supposed to be Crowley?

Postby Antimatzist » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:25 am

But WHO else would hide inside the middle of a cave except Mazus and Crowley?

Really? That's the basis for your assumption?

Actually i have an update about who she is...remember Rune Mistress in White Deer Inn?

REALLY? Why do you think THAT?

User avatar
sticky-runes
Posts: 1852
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Is this mysterious old man in Cave Of The Wind, supposed to be Crowley?

Postby sticky-runes » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:25 am

Sasarai10 wrote:But WHO else would hide inside the middle of a cave except Mazus and Crowley?


Guess what - We don't actually know every single person in the Suikoden world, there are probably many old men hiding in caves all over the place. Do we care who this old codger is? do we care about the maid who lives in Pannu Yakuta? Or the old man drinking soup at the ruined inn in Kalekka? Or the zombie in Neclord's basement? Or the knight outside Gorudo's office? They're just NPCs who have been placed in dungeons to provide a bit of assistance or amusement.

User avatar
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:38 am

Re: Is this mysterious old man in Cave Of The Wind, supposed to be Crowley?

Postby Raww Le Klueze » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:10 am

Not everyone is someone else in disguise.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.

User avatar
sticky-runes
Posts: 1852
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Is this mysterious old man in Cave Of The Wind, supposed to be Crowley?

Postby sticky-runes » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:16 am

Exactly. And Nadir is sure as sh!t not Roy.

User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Is this mysterious old man in Cave Of The Wind, supposed to be Crowley?

Postby Sasarai10 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:32 pm

Antimatzist wrote:Really? That's the basis for your assumption?

REALLY? Why do you think THAT?


Check my new topic. Just assumed this since they have similar sprites. She must be someone special otherwise why she's sitting on the VIP section?

Anyway....this old man isn't special either. Someone's being in a Cave for a reason don't you think so? :mrgreen:


sticky-runes wrote:
Guess what - We don't actually know every single person in the Suikoden world, there are probably many old men hiding in caves all over the place. Do we care who this old codger is? do we care about the maid who lives in Pannu Yakuta? Or the old man drinking soup at the ruined inn in Kalekka? Or the zombie in Neclord's basement? Or the knight outside Gorudo's office? They're just NPCs who have been placed in dungeons to provide a bit of assistance or amusement.


All those people you mentioned pretty much say who they are.....but i always wondered how on earth did he get his soup. There are no cooks in Kalekka. :roll:

sticky-runes wrote:Exactly. And Nadir is sure as sh!t not Roy.


Why are you being so sure? Stars might be reversed.

If that's so why Nadir has the "Appraiser" SoD?

User avatar
sticky-runes
Posts: 1852
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Is this mysterious old man in Cave Of The Wind, supposed to be Crowley?

Postby sticky-runes » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:03 pm

Sasarai10 wrote:
All those people you mentioned pretty much say who they are.....but i always wondered how on earth did he get his soup. There are no cooks in Kalekka. :roll:



You don't need to be a professional cook to cook your own food. And there was a farmer growing crops there.

Sasarai10 wrote:Why are you being so sure? Stars might be reversed.

If that's so why Nadir has the "Appraiser" SoD?


Because Roy is dead.

User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Is this mysterious old man in Cave Of The Wind, supposed to be Crowley?

Postby Sasarai10 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:23 pm

Canonically Roy doesn't die in SV events.


Return to “Character Theories”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests