Viki suikoden IV...not the same viki??

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
hotspot

Re: Viki suikoden IV...not the same viki??

Post by hotspot »

I agree that it is most likely just an error made by the creators; as well as it could easily be switched by a rune master.

Also, about Viki not aging. Although it doesn't seem like she doesn't age, it could just be that no one has really tried to make her look younger, but she could actually be older, but still look the same.
In my opinion, Viki looks like she's in her 30's in the third Suikoden. Not the others though, and as someone else said... she does recall some people, especially Jeane.... so I don't think it's a different Viki.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

The thing is If her age is infact listed as 16, its not that she doesn't age. She would literally be ageless. If she was simply immortally youthful, her age would change, just like Ted is over 300 years old, tho he has not aged (much). The aspect of a true rune is that it locks you into your body, and your body ceases to age. Viki's body, on the other hand (get it? cuz the rune changed?) has not simply ceased to age. Her bio states that she has only experienced 16 years of life. there is a difference.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

she sneezed and accidently teleported the rune onto her other hand. There you go.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

JanusThePaladin wrote:The thing is If her age is infact listed as 16, its not that she doesn't age. She would literally be ageless. If she was simply immortally youthful, her age would change, just like Ted is over 300 years old, tho he has not aged (much). The aspect of a true rune is that it locks you into your body, and your body ceases to age. Viki's body, on the other hand (get it? cuz the rune changed?) has not simply ceased to age. Her bio states that she has only experienced 16 years of life. there is a difference.
This is what most fans missed. Most true rune bearer have their age changed through the games. Luc listed as 16 in S2 and then 30 in S3, Ted 150 -> 300, etc. But Viki always listed as 16 in every games. Its like she was stuck in time, that time doesnt have control over her. So what true rune are missing from Suiko series so far again?

I dont say she has Time rune, but she could be controlled by someone/thing that bear the time rune. He/she/it also could be the reason there are two Vikis in Suiko3.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Or she's just time traveling and all the games are happening in a matter of months to her. This is a much more simple theory
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Aerolithe Lion wrote:Or she's just time traveling and all the games are happening in a matter of months to her. This is a much more simple theory
Nope. Suiko1 itself lasted for 5 frickin years. If she was in it for just 1/5 of it that would be 1 year.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Was she there from Day one? I recall recruiting he later in the game
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Aerolithe Lion wrote:Was she there from Day one? I recall recruiting he later in the game
No. And I say it again, even if she only experiencing it for one fifth (1/5 or 20%) of the war, she would be in it for 1 year.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Maybe that was the last one she was in. She was 16 through the other wars and 17 in that one. Could be anything
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Aerolithe Lion wrote:Maybe that was the last one she was in. She was 16 through the other wars and 17 in that one. Could be anything
Except that she was going from Suiko1 to Suiko2 directly. Its in the game.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

veriaqa wrote:
Aerolithe Lion wrote:Maybe that was the last one she was in. She was 16 through the other wars and 17 in that one. Could be anything
The only bridging fact is that, the war in Suikoden 1 did not took more than one or even a full year; it was only months. You could say that it is 2 to 3 years between Suikoden I an Suikoden II however, Viki teleported right when the War is already going on, not when the war was about to start or the events of Suikoden II was only about to unfold.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

bluemask wrote:
veriaqa wrote:
The only bridging fact is that, the war in Suikoden 1 did not took more than one or even a full year; it was only months. You could say that it is 2 to 3 years between Suikoden I an Suikoden II however, Viki teleported right when the War is already going on, not when the war was about to start or the events of Suikoden II was only about to unfold.
Ah, another wise men. An advice though, before you make yourself look stupid please check the fact first.
453 - Gate Rune Wars Begin
Births - Fred, Barts
454: Births - Rhett, Chris Lightfellow, Muto, Jacques, Lilly Pendragon
455 - Liberation Army Reforms
Births - Mukumuku, Wilder, Mokumoku, Makumaku, Mekumeku, Mikumiku, Shizu, Pilika
456 - Jowstone Invades Scarlet Moon
Births - Landis
457 - Gate Rune Wars End, Toran Established
That fact is from this very site, my friend.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

veriaqa wrote: Ah, another wise men. An advice though, before you make yourself look stupid please check the fact first.
Ah well that's kind of rude of you sir/maam. Well first, I'm a new member, I'm not using at as an excuse though. Why are you being rude, may I ask?

Alright, I didn't get the fact straight since that's what is stuck in my knowledge well, perhaps it was a few years back and I don't know the timeline existed from this site, someone from another forum (GameFaqs so just you know) just stated that misleading info and I took it as a fact.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

453 - Gate Rune Wars Begin
Births - Fred, Barts
454: Births - Rhett, Chris Lightfellow, Muto, Jacques, Lilly Pendragon
455 - Liberation Army Reforms
Births - Mukumuku, Wilder, Mokumoku, Makumaku, Mekumeku, Mikumiku, Shizu, Pilika
456 - Jowstone Invades Scarlet Moon
Births - Landis
457 - Gate Rune Wars End, Toran Established
How are we meant to read this? It says in 455 the Liberation Army reformed. Is that when it came under McDohl's leadership? In that case the Gate Rune Wars started two years or so before the events of Suikoden, which in turn means that Suikoden's story covered three years maximum, but it was probably closer to two years. I seem to recall Odessa saying that her version of the Liberation Army was itself a second iteration. If the timeline is pointing to that event, it narrows it down even further. I don't think that's what it means, though. If it is, then the Gate Rune Wars went on for two years with, I guess, just terrorist cells for the Empire to fight against.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

bluemask wrote:
veriaqa wrote: Ah, another wise men. An advice though, before you make yourself look stupid please check the fact first.
Ah well that's kind of rude of you sir/maam. Well first, I'm a new member, I'm not using at as an excuse though. Why are you being rude, may I ask?

Alright, I didn't get the fact straight since that's what is stuck in my knowledge well, perhaps it was a few years back and I don't know the timeline existed from this site, someone from another forum (GameFaqs so just you know) just stated that misleading info and I took it as a fact.
Then I'm sorry. Didnt mean to be rude. Just tried to give an advice.