Why did Leon unleashed Beast Rune on Hero?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Uh, I'm pretty sure Leon killed himself to release the beast rune, he didn't do it for getaway reasons...
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Leon didn't die at the end of Suikoden II. According to SARS, he retired to a "quiet village".
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Well, It's more likely he did the last thing on his contract, Assassinate/terminate Riou, or he did a last effort and then abonded the cause of Highland.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

He did it because Tir and his group were the only people who could have defeated the Silver Wolf. If it wasn't unleashed at that time, it could have released itself at a leater time--killing many people before being put down by those who were powerful enough.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

so basically he unleased it to give you a final boss for the game and to put the true beast Rune to sleep.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

It was Riou's last test to prove he was a force to be reckoned with. After making his way through the castle, defeating guards, Han, Seed & Culgan, Leon thought that if Riou accomplished all that, one more test still awaits. Leon's thinking was that Riou had no chance of beating the Beast Rune. Battle ends, Beast Rune defeated, Leon flee's back to Toran, not to be heard from again.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Re: Why did Leon unleashed Beast Rune on Hero?

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Black Knight Yuber wrote:It was Riou's last test to prove he was a force to be reckoned with. After making his way through the castle, defeating guards, Han, Seed & Culgan, Leon thought that if Riou accomplished all that, one more test still awaits. Leon's thinking was that Riou had no chance of beating the Beast Rune. Battle ends, Beast Rune defeated, Leon flee's back to Toran, not to be heard from again.
Actually SARS just gave the reason why. Had Leon not unleashed it, it would've eventually unleashed itself. Let us not forget that Jowy had been holding it at bay all that time.
I hope everything is going delicious.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

So Riou and his party had to defeat the Wolf to release Jowy from his suffering of holding the Beast rune at bay.
And thus Jowy collaspes at the final duel.

So Maybe... Leon did it to save Jowy also, knowing that Riou will defeat the Beast Rune.

Although Leon could have just been buying time for his escape also.

and after suikoden 2, he probably returned to the village from suikoden 1 where he was recruited.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

leon should of fought u in a battle before he realesed the beast rune, his attacks would of consisted of foul language and lots of talk taht confuses you cos everyone is dumb in your party at that time and cant keep up with leons mind games but since hes a brainiac and not a fight he could have high dodge but about as much hp as the mist monster he could also punch you like a bar brawler would, then after hurting him he laughs and unleashes it hahahaha, i just made all that up now was bored and thought it would be funny lol
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Sounds kinda like the "Mediator" class from Final Fantasy Tactics, using verbal dialogue to affect the enemy. I would imagine Leon using some slick, discreet weapon, too, for some reason.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Heh, I honestly can't imagine Leon taking on six of you.

"You may have killed the strongest man in this country and decimated our best three generals but lets seen how you handle my intellect and super-discrete flick knife! Hyah!"
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Heh, I honestly can't imagine Leon taking on six of you.

"You may have killed the strongest man in this country and decimated our best three generals but lets seen how you handle my intellect and super-discrete flick knife! Hyah!"
:lol:

Thats so true! But if it been an other RPG he would turn into a freaky monster, destroying his own body and turning in to some kind of freaky super villian ala Venom or something.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Battling Leon one on one in a chess match to see if you can outsmart him. That would have been awesome to fight Leon he could of summoned a bunch of elite soldier zombies to battle with him. Leon could of also turned into some Resident Evil like monster that would be impervious to magic attacks.
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

hahahaha yea sounds good, he could of also helped the beast rune by verbal abusing your party causing status effects lol.
Duke

Post by Duke »

leon would never stand a chance he would run away like most of the silverburgs especially albert