Yuber Suikodens ver of Marvels Loki?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Rufus

Yuber Suikodens ver of Marvels Loki?

Post by Rufus »

I started thinking about yuber and like Loki both are kind of simiualr in the way they are (sure loki in marvel is more a sceaming guy and likes to have a bigger role in things and his kind of a coward/douche)

But in the way Loki is the God of mischief, Loki loves to create mischief start trubble everywhere he can and stuff
Yuber really loves chaos kind of the same thing, he ends up in mostly every war he can get to.

Loki is from an other world
Yuber is from an other dimension (not sure if proven but very hinted I think.....what I remember)

Loki has a nemesis/rival brother Thor
Yuber has a nemesis/rival brother Persmerga (sure I dont know if his a blood brother but they do have something betwine them and its something big, not very unreasonable if they were brothers or friends)

Loki looks fabulous in battle armor
Yuber looks fabulous in battle armor

Loki looks fapulous in a suit
Yuber looks fapulous in a suit

Both can summon an army at their command

As Yuber havent been given that much information and mostly can be speculated....with his powerlevel he could very well be some kind of "god" demi-god or whatever you might call them. as they have done the hole Tierkreis game is based on several diffrent diamentions where there are hole kinds of batshit crazy stuff.....and dragons come from an other dimension, and the hole Pale Gate Rune summons monster from other Dimensions....and Yubers rune is that true rune right? if I remember correct.

not saying Yuber has to be a god or anything but something.
Hirathien

Re: Yuber Suikodens ver of Marvels Loki?

Post by Hirathien »

What version of Loki are you comparing this to? The movie or comics? In the movie he used a big, big portal thing to summon the army. It wasn't his army.

Whatever Yuber is, he isn't human. We know that much.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Also, why Marvel's Loki? Why not Loki from Norse mythology? Considering Suikoden already borrows from Norse mythology, it'll make more sense.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Hirathien wrote:What version of Loki are you comparing this to? The movie or comics? In the movie he used a big, big portal thing to summon the army. It wasn't his army.

Whatever Yuber is, he isn't human. We know that much.
More thinking Ultimate marvel comic series(as I read all of that one), but he seems quite the same in most of them what I know.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Piisuke wrote:Also, why Marvel's Loki? Why not Loki from Norse mythology? Considering Suikoden already borrows from Norse mythology, it'll make more sense.
Couse I know more about marvels Loki than the norse mythology one so I dont say something I know from marvel about mythology...
most things I learn from norse mythology is from the third grade or marvel and marvel isent really the same thing
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Fair enough, but Suikoden borrows from Norse mythology, and of course Thor from Marvel does so too. I would say, if you want to compare them, it is best to compare it to the original.

As for the comparison, I don't agree with it though.

Loki likes mischief, he stirs things up. Yuber like chaos. He's there to fight war and searches for war. Loki is also far more powerful than Yuber. Loki can shapeshift, Loki engineered the death of Baldr, when Loki was bound by the gods and had a snake placed above his head which was dropping venom, his pain caused earthquakes. Odin's horse, Sleipnir, Loki gave birth to when he was a mare. Yes, Loki is the mother of Sleipnir.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Piisuke wrote:Fair enough, but Suikoden borrows from Norse mythology, and of course Thor from Marvel does so too. I would say, if you want to compare them, it is best to compare it to the original.

As for the comparison, I don't agree with it though.

Loki likes mischief, he stirs things up. Yuber like chaos. He's there to fight war and searches for war. Loki is also far more powerful than Yuber. Loki can shapeshift, Loki engineered the death of Baldr, when Loki was bound by the gods and had a snake placed above his head which was dropping venom, his pain caused earthquakes. Odin's horse, Sleipnir, Loki gave birth to when he was a mare. Yes, Loki is the mother of Sleipnir.

Thats why I meant inspired by loki, his master was Windy and she was doing all the sceaming. now when shes gone his leaving the sceems to the silverbergs/any other random tactican.
and he does the fixing the chaos part. and its not that a big a diffrent of doing misfchief.
and thats why I said marvels Loki as he keeps geting out of his pinches and start doing misfchef/other plans.

being an exact copy is just lame.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

I can understand your reasoning, but I still disagree. Yuber seems to join wars, merely because. In SIII his role is bigger, but in SI and SII, he's just there. He doesn't cause wars. He doesn't stir things up. He joins a war and leaves when things get hairy, whereas Loki manipulates, plans, is cunning. Just because both like chaos, doesn't mean they're similar.

So no, I don't think they're similar, or that Yuber is inspired by Loki.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Yuber isn't much of a strategist, he's just muscle. Loki is the opposite. He's canniving, a great sorcerer, but otherwise relatively weak when compared to other great Asgardians such as Baldur, Brunnehylde, and Bor.

Loki's strength is that he's great at riling up the masses. His Suikoden counterpart would more likely be Luc, especially S3's version. Great at giant, ridiculous plans, but when the going gets tough, starts to get a 'Woe is me' complex