The background of the 12th Unit...

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Matt620

The background of the 12th Unit...

Post by Matt620 »

Hey, have any of you wondered why the mercs took the names of the trump deck? According to a book, they took it because they had pasts that they didn't want to be revealed. My questions is, what do you all think was the reason why they took these names?

Here's what I think. If someone hasn't played Suiko III, these will be possible spoilers.

Queen - This I'm not sure of, since I don't know Harmonia's policy vs. third-class citizens. She may have needed to adopt the alias Queen when she joined because the brass wouldn't let her join were she an identifyable third class citizen.

Ace - It might be possible that those in the Dunan Army from Suiko II could be considered criminals in Harmonia. If that was the case, then Ace, as one of Gilbert's men, might be in jepordy. Or it might have been, due to his Thief skill, that he robbed one to many bishops to keep his own name, and a good place to hide from the law is right under the enemy's nose.

Joker - Him I just don't know. I've never played Suikogaiden to know the full story of Wan.

Jacques - I think he doesn't have a history to hide, he just did it since everyone else was doing it. He's never been to Caleria to know about the headquarters.

What do you all think?
-M
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: The background of the 12th Unit...

Post by Vextor »

Matt620 wrote: Queen - This I'm not sure of, since I don't know Harmonia's policy vs. third-class citizens. She may have needed to adopt the alias Queen when she joined because the brass wouldn't let her join were she an identifyable third class citizen.
That's probably how it was. Also, it seems like Queen was originaly or royal or aristocratic background, so she also might be trying to hide herself from people who would take advantage of that.
Ace - It might be possible that those in the Dunan Army from Suiko II could be considered criminals in Harmonia. If that was the case, then Ace, as one of Gilbert's men, might be in jepordy. Or it might have been, due to his Thief skill, that he robbed one to many bishops to keep his own name, and a good place to hide from the law is right under the enemy's nose.
Well, Gilbert's mercenary group was actually based in Zexen--during Suikoden 2, they were hired by Highland and then defected to the Allies, but Ace is a Zexenite. Perhaps he changed his name to hide from angry women?
Joker - Him I just don't know. I've never played Suikogaiden to know the full story of Wan.
Wang was already a member of the Border Guards when Geddoe joined, and adopted his "code name" after joining Geddoe's group. So it's not quite certain why he adopted a code name.
[/quote]
Kefka

Post by Kefka »

Queen - I heard rumors she was Jillia Blight, but its most likely the dream of some fanboy.

Joker - He sure seemed to imply there was a reason in his reaction to his name's use.

Jacques - That's probably his real name. All coincidental like.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Kefka wrote:Queen - I heard rumors she was Jillia Blight, but its most likely the dream of some fanboy.
That was a joke started at my site, which some people started to take as fact.
Jacques - That's probably his real name. All coincidental like.
His name was supposed to be "Jack" and is in fact a code-name.
Kefka

Post by Kefka »

What an evil joke. XD
Argento Breesa

Post by Argento Breesa »

Kefka wrote:
Queen - I heard rumors she was Jillia Blight, but its most likely the dream of some fanboy.

That was a joke started at my site, which some people started to take as fact.
ha ha. I nearly belived that one when I read it SARS. :D
"If you have nothing better to say to me, then leave me alone." -me
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

but Queen is from Falena rite ???
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

No, Queen is from Sanadia.
-M
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

There was a Queen murdered in Falena, but that would be the title of Queen. Queen from Suikoden III is her alias name.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

dont worry kefka i was fooled too after i heard it from like 5 other people too.and i kinda like like that idea fliktor but i doubt it
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

So why didn't Geddoe change his name? Then Joker nor Eike would have known that it was the same Geddoe that signed the papers to make Budehuc neutral. Geddoe could have easily been "King".
"We are forgotten in times of peace. It's only
when war looms that people remember we exist."
-The Great Leon Silverburg
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

i dont know but if geddoe went by king and queen by queen then maybe people would have thought they were dating like the theories are now
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

i kinda like like that idea fliktor but i doubt it
What idea?

Queen Falena was murded.

Queen from Suikoden III has no relation to the Queendom of Falena. Her name is a mere alias and nothing more.

I'm a little confused as to what you mean.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

hey, about Geddoe signed the Budehuc castle stuffs.
in the manga, Apple, Caesar and Hugo find the book and the photo of Geddoe, Fire Hero and Wyatt is there.
and at the game, Geddoe comes to Budehuc once right ?
aren't Thomas, Cecile and the others suppose to realize that he is the man in the picture ?
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Only Eike recognised him, supposedly because he had spent quite a time in researching Budehuc's past.