Logg = Zorak?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Humphrey Mintz
Location: Rotherham, England. Originally Kirkcaldy, Scotland.

Logg = Zorak?

Post by Humphrey Mintz »

Hmm I suppose I don't have much to go on here but I was thinking perhaps Logg could very well be Zorak. I was looking through characters and I noticed a few things...

1) Both are born in the same year.
2) They both have similar shaped faces, and builds.
3) Zorak has quite a distinguishable chin. If you look at Logg, he has the same chin under that beard of his.
4) Most interestingly, the have the exact same scar in the exact same place on the same side of their face. Obviously has his other scar and the whole eye missing thing, but that could have happened later.

Like I say, I don't have much, but these two characters are quite similar. Zorak's hair is a different colour but I suppose it could have faded with age. Then there's the fact that Zorak actually inherited his title of chief. But perhaps when he was younger, before he became chief, he left to go on a quest and ended up in Falena learning new skills, such as fishing, etc. then returned at a later point? I dunno. Just thought I'd post this to see what people think. Anyone else have any ideas?
"Even in the forest, not just at night, during your work, praise the King" - Zombie, Suikoden

"All this killing... in front of a children!" - Mathiu Silverburg, Suikoden

"ᵍËMᵐʰ" - Futch, Suikoden II
KC_MCDOHL

Re: Logg = Zorak?

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I honestly cant see the all important chief of the Warriors Village take some time out to go fishing, have a daughter, go off galavanting the high seas of Falena and fight in The Sun Rune War :P But, hey, you never know! :P

Plus the two of them are two very different personalities. Logg was a bit of a jack the lad, almost a humorous pirate where as Zorak was a history buff who loved to talk like a nerd :P But, like I said, you never know. Maybe Zorak like to let his hair down every now and then and indulge in his scoundrelesque side :D
Humphrey Mintz

Post by Humphrey Mintz »

I was thinking maybe at that point in his life, he might not have been the chief, if they are indeed one and the same haha. XD

Yeah I reckon he was just a bit of a wild child when he was younger. He did what he wanted to do, lived his life, settled down and stuff. And whatever did that to his eye probably changed him as well. That's what I think, if they are the same person. For example, I'm not the wild youth I once was. Haha.
"Even in the forest, not just at night, during your work, praise the King" - Zombie, Suikoden

Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Not possible. Zorak has a daughter, Tengaar, and she was born ten years after Lun at a point, where Logg was in Falena appearently.
Humphrey Mintz

Post by Humphrey Mintz »

He did used to go travelling a lot in his smuggling days, though. Doesn't really mention who Tengaar's mother is. To me, Tengaar and Lun like they could possibly be sisters, or maybe half sisters?

Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Humphrey Mintz wrote:He did used to go travelling a lot in his smuggling days, though. Doesn't really mention who Tengaar's mother is. To me, Tengaar and Lun like they could possibly be sisters, or maybe half sisters?
So what you're saying is: He went from the Northern continent to Falena on a quest, founded a complete family there, went sometimes back to the Northern Continent just to make a daughter (and his wife and daughter in Falena said nothing about him being away for months) and then he returned to Falena, just to go back to the Northern continent to become chief, abandonning his "other" Family?

.. naaah I don't see that.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

He might certainly have been the influence for Logg, but no. They're not the same person.
Maryukujin

Post by Maryukujin »

I am not 100% sure on this, but I believe 5 is only like 2-5 years before 1. Highly unlikely if not impossible. They randomly throw characters into games unexpectingly to tie them together, but I've never seen them have one character change into another.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Besides, seeing as how much he cared for Tengaar in Suikoden when Neclord wanted her, I doubt he'd just leave Lun behind, if she would be his daughter as well.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Why do people keep trying to figure out if two different people with different names and from different places (continents even) are the same person? There are connections all over the place. Why do you need to make up other ones? The whole beauty of Suikoden is that the world is huge with hundreds of thousands of people all over the place. If theories like this were true, it would actually make the game worse.
Maryukujin

Post by Maryukujin »

Iesous wrote:Why do people keep trying to figure out if two different people with different names and from different places (continents even) are the same person? There are connections all over the place. Why do you need to make up other ones? The whole beauty of Suikoden is that the world is huge with hundreds of thousands of people all over the place. If theories like this were true, it would actually make the game worse.
Very true in my opinion, though there's no harm in speculation. The only character I've ever expected to be someone else MAYBE was the guy in Suikoden3 who directed the plays and wore a mask, though with no way to prove if he was anyone else it's sort of pointless to speculate.

People do seem quite fond of these theories where one character turns into another or leads a double life or something, so far I haven't heard a plausable one.